PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom + ACR

IscariotJ
Mar 1, 2007, 05:09 AM
I've been playing with LR, and noticed that it is bundled with ACR 3.6. Is it possible to update this to 3.7? Is it just a case of downloading the 3.7 update?

Any pointers would be most welcome!

kodiak
Mar 1, 2007, 06:09 AM
im surprised it came with adobe camera raw 3.6 as all mentions in the lightroom FAQ are to using 3.7 - also i believe (from memory) somewhere in the install notes, it recommends use of 3.7 with CS2 and PSE4/5 for better integration between LR and these products.
- so 3.6 would appear to be a mistake.

-is this in the boxed set? im using the 1.0 download.

anyways, yes i upgrade to 3.7 without any trouble.

IscariotJ
Mar 1, 2007, 06:57 AM
I'm using the download trial version while I wait for my box copy to arrive, if that makes a difference?

I've downloaded the 3.7 ( couldn't download the update, as it said there was problem with the site, or is that the one I need? ). Do I have to create a plugin directory under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom, and drop in the RAW.plugin?

kodiak
Mar 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
afaik, ACR plugin is not 'used' by lightroom itself.

the reason for upgrading (elements/photoshop) to acr 3.7 is it has been updated to recognised lightroom info. so when you later open the same raw file in cs2/elements, it can use that info.

in the help file (under export) , it states
"Note: Versions earlier than Adobe Camera Raw 3.7 will not recognize some of the develop adjustments made in Lightroom."

as an aside, i can see that under calibration in develop, you can see the ACR 'profile' used, but i guess lightroom shares the profile data... for me with a 20D this shows 2.4, as i guess this was the last time it was updated.