PDA

View Full Version : I like you guys (and gals)

mymemory
Jun 2, 2003, 11:03 PM
You know I'm a VJ and well I'm in a VJ forum in www.VJcentral.com.

Damn it! no one can handle me there and I think most of them are a bunch of freaks, I'm allways with my sarcasm but there are just a huge ammount of geeks, there are clear exceptions and some cool dudes but may be is because VJing is not a "only Mac territory" so, I just will have to see if the idiots are PC users only.

The other day a VJ wrote: "I was in a club the other night and some sponsor offered me $3000 the night to have his product in one of my screens, thouse idiots will have to pay that price if they want to sabotage my art"

I just exploted and said: You are the idiot!!! there is the ******** business!!! who care about stinky art when you can make $3000 a night!!!

Well, the battle started from there, I'm now some freaky radical latin american VJ who doesn't care about content, well that is true, I care about the $$$.

But any way, I like it here better, I may see if I can bring over some dudes where geeks can handle each others.

May be they would like to meet vniow too:rolleyes:

tazo
Jun 2, 2003, 11:07 PM
So lemme get this straight, did you or did you not take the 3,000 dollars? I can understand artistic integrity and all that, but honestly, how could you turn 3 grand?

MrMacMan
Jun 2, 2003, 11:10 PM
Good Luck man, remember that you are safe here. :)

mymemory
Jun 2, 2003, 11:17 PM
It wasn't me, some VJ made the comment, he took the money but he was complaining about it.

For $3000 I would Vjing for an entire month! I can hardly make $200 around here in big events.

vniow
Jun 2, 2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by mymemory
May be they would like to meet vniow too:rolleyes:

Doesn't like everybody though, I mean like I'm just too popular!

</valley girl>

tazo
Jun 3, 2003, 08:33 AM
It wasn't me, some VJ made the comment, he took the money but he was complaining about it.

For $3000 I would Vjing for an entire month! I can hardly make $200 around here in big events.

thank god, if that guy didnt take it boy would he have been an idiot. I sure as hell would take the money, hmmm, VJ twice, get a top of the line powerbook 15 with cinema display and photshop.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2003, 08:39 AM
Sure, there is the selling out issue. But a product placement for 3k a night is stupid not to refuse.

And if he's so worried about the art then he can find some way to 'artistically' add the product placement.

Elitist whiner....sorry you're having a tough go over there mymemmory - does he realize what a idiot he sounds like, taking the money and then complaining, ha!!!

So what was the product? That can sometimes be an issue if its something not all that agreable. I mean, if someone were to offer that $3k for a Depends product placement in a video - then I could see him complaining :D

D

mymemory
Jun 3, 2003, 09:06 AM
Usually a VJ is concider an "artits" and that is ok, but in my country brand names like Marlboro, Lucky Strike, JB and others pay good money for "artistically advertice their products in parties".

Now, I was telling to the VJs that is the way to go! better not, if I tell you PCs are the way to go here I wouldn't be so attacked.

Any way, I have my plans in NY about that, I would like to create a huge party sponsored by Lucky Strike (for example) in a place that is not a club where people can smoke and paying good money for DJs/ VJ's, lighting, sound, etc. of course using the brand name every where.

Those are the $$$.

wdlove
Jun 3, 2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by vniow
Doesn't like everybody though, I mean like I'm just too popular!

</valley girl>

I don't think that you can ever be too popular vinow! You are like a sister to all of us! ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2003, 10:39 AM
Any way, I have my plans in NY about that, I would like to create a huge party sponsored by Lucky Strike (for example) in a place that is not a club where people can smoke and paying good money for DJs/ VJ's, lighting, sound, etc. of course using the brand name every where.

Ha, well in NYC you can't smoke in bars and restaurants anymore, not sure about the rest of the state.

And smoking is not as big as it used to be - getting a lot of bad press. Good luck! :D

D