Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
All day today I've been using wireless at school and at home. I got back home this evening, drafted an e mail, and then BOOM, my wireless network is down. I can connect fine through the wired desktop, but the wireless is just gone altogether. When I click Airport my wireless network doesn't even show up.

I'm running 10.4.7 and my router is a Linksys WRTG54 v. 6.

Thanks for any help, everyone.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Microwave on? Some cordless telephones will do that, too.

Or maybe something's wrong w/ your router? :eek: I dunno. :eek:

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Microwave on? Some cordless telephones will do that, too.

Or maybe something's wrong w/ your router? :eek: I dunno. :eek:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. For the record, though, all of the lights on the router are lit with only the "Internet" light pulsing. So it looks the same as it always does. But if the router was crapped out, wouldn't that impact the connect on the desktop?

The router is less than a year old, so I'm really hoping it's not on it's way out.

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. For the record, though, all of the lights on the router are lit with only the "Internet" light pulsing. So it looks the same as it always does. But if the router was crapped out, wouldn't that impact the connect on the desktop?

The router is less than a year old, so I'm really hoping it's not on it's way out.

There's alot of things that could be wrong. Your router might need to be restarted (unplug ~5 seconds, plug back in). Try restarting your router.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I've tried restarting my router and reconfiguring my wireless network and changing the frequency. My Airport card in my Macbook is detecting the signal, but it's not able to do anything with it...as in it is connected but Gmail says "no internet connection", I can't access the internet, and Adium won't connect.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
If you haven't already tried this or figured it out, you might try restarting your computer.

I had something like this happen once or twice on my MBP, and while I have no idea why it happened a restart resolved it.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
If you haven't already tried this or figured it out, you might try restarting your computer.

I had something like this happen once or twice on my MBP, and while I have no idea why it happened a restart resolved it.

Thanks. After a random assortment of starts, restarts, reconfiguring, etc. everything is good now.

Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.