PDA

View Full Version : iWeb comes with a Macbook?

sikkinixx
Mar 1, 2007, 11:27 PM
Ok I think I am losing my mind. I got my macbook when they came out last year, and I'm pretty sure it comes with iLife 06 yet I can't seem to find iWeb anywhere. When I put in my install disks, I can't find iWeb on it anywhere.

Did my Macbook come with iWeb to begin with? I swear I have seen it before but maybe I was on drugs....

mrkramer
Mar 1, 2007, 11:28 PM
It did come with it I'm not sure what happened to it though, try searching for it with spotlight to see if it got moved somewhere.

sikkinixx
Mar 1, 2007, 11:30 PM
hmm not in the spotlight. Maybe I didn't install it when i reinstalled the OS.:confused:

I don't wanna have to reinstall everything though, everytime I put in the disk and just want to install the optional stuff it starts installing all the fonts and printer drivers and languages and blah blah...

Nermal
Mar 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
You should be able to run "Optional Installs" from disk 1 then click the Customise button in the bottom-left corner somewhere along the process.

Daiden
Mar 2, 2007, 01:05 AM
Ok I think I am losing my mind. I got my macbook when they came out last year, and I'm pretty sure it comes with iLife 06 yet I can't seem to find iWeb anywhere. When I put in my install disks, I can't find iWeb on it anywhere.

Did my Macbook come with iWeb to begin with? I swear I have seen it before but maybe I was on drugs....

Check the Installation disks. I have a Macbook Pro, and it has iLife installed, so you should have it available to you as well.

jmsait19
Mar 2, 2007, 02:02 AM
you can also do this thing where it makes invisible files visible. then you can open some packages and find only the programs you want to install... i had to do it to get classic... i know this doesn't help much without any specific instructions. actually i think you can use 'pacifist' to do it the easy way. just dig into your install disc and find it...

hope that helps

iJawn108
Mar 2, 2007, 02:15 AM
Stick in disk 1 of the two that came with it.

scroll down to optional installs, click the check box next to whatever you want to put on. follow the steps, put in disk 2. follow the steps, and you're done.