PDA

View Full Version : upgrading my powerbook. hard drive next.

spuality
Mar 2, 2007, 02:27 PM
So I just bought 2x 1gb memory sticks for my alum. powerbook G4 1ghz. I'm upgrading from 768. think I'll nothice much of a difference? I'm hoping so. anyway, I'm going to be looking for an external hard drive to store my RAW images on, and to edit from. So please, advise me. What's a good drive I could get? speed and price are the biggest issues for me. obviously, storage capacity is a big deal, but I think most drives out there that are in my prices range are big enough. I'm looking at anything right now, portable, desktop, usb, firewire, and any other suggestions.

Reflow
Mar 2, 2007, 02:36 PM
So I just bought 2x 1gb memory sticks for my alum. powerbook G4 1ghz. I'm upgrading from 768. think I'll nothice much of a difference? I'm hoping so. anyway, I'm going to be looking for an external hard drive to store my RAW images on, and to edit from. So please, advise me. What's a good drive I could get? speed and price are the biggest issues for me. obviously, storage capacity is a big deal, but I think most drives out there that are in my prices range are big enough. I'm looking at anything right now, portable, desktop, usb, firewire, and any other suggestions.

Here (http://www.coolmaxusa.com/productDetails.asp?item=HD-211&details=features&subcategory=COMBO&category=2.5) is the one I have. Small and quite