PDA

View Full Version : iPod compression using Miglia TVMAX help

boss1
Mar 3, 2007, 01:28 PM
If you own this device or a similar one any help would be appreciated.

So I bought a Miglia TVMAX http://www.miglia.com/products/video/tvmax/index.html device and it works amazingly great. I mean it's not full resolution digital HD video on my Mac but it's much much more than I expected.

So i notice it obviously has a direct to iPod export option. Basically a button that lets you compress (export) your recorded video in a format for your iPod. Amazing option but it requires compression..well actually recompression because the recorded video is already compressed by the external hardware device that is Miglia.

I notice there are a lot of options you can choose from for the Miglia device to choose which format you want the Miglia device to compress directly to, one of which is a mpeg 4 format (ipod plays mpeg4). So that said, if tweaked properly than the Miglia device can compress videos externally and directly to a format usable on iPods. No recompression on your Mac required right?

I'm just trying to avoid having to use up a ton of CPU time compressing into iPod format when it looks like the Miglia device is very capable doing this externally in one shot. Anyone try this?