PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 issues

macgeek77
Mar 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
I own a iMac G5 and I am having immense problems with booting it from a CD. None of the disks I have will boot on my iMac. HOWEVER, these same disks work on my iBook G3. Wierd? Wait until you hear this: I took the iMac to the Apple store (gasp!) and they put some of their disks in it (in order to test if it worked there) and it DID boot! IS there something in the air in my house? Thanks for any responces!

emptyCup
Mar 4, 2007, 08:26 AM
It is possible for a drive to get slightly out of alignment such that some disks won't work. Can you read disks you've burned on this machine? Can they be read by your iBook? Will your boot disks work on the Apple Store's machines? At worst, bring your boot disk to the Apple Store and have them make you a copy of their disk. Best wishes.

Macky-Mac
Mar 4, 2007, 02:56 PM
I own a iMac G5 and I am having immense problems with booting it from a CD. None of the disks I have will boot on my iMac....

what are these disks you have? and where did they come from? If one of them is the restore disk that came with your computer then it's possible that it's damaged.....and if these disks weren't included with your computer then there are several possibilities. Apple often configures the disks that ship their hardware to work with a specific computer model so that's a potential reason depending on where the disk came from. Also, if you're trying to use a disk with a version of the system software that predates the release of your iMac then that could be the problem