PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the motherboard? (Sawtooth G4)

Suture
Mar 4, 2007, 02:19 AM
Hi,

I have 2 Sawtooth G4s. One has a slightly damaged case (won't stay closed), the other one has a damaged motherboard. I'd like to do a motherboard transplant, but after removing about 3 screws, I can't figure out what else is holding the motherboard down besides these weird metal pegs that I don't know how to deal with.

I can't seem to find any type of motherboard replacement instructions either on here or through Google, which I was actually kinda shocked at.

Does anyone have a link or instructions on removing the motherboard?

SmurfBoxMasta
Mar 4, 2007, 06:53 AM
Hi,

I have 2 Sawtooth G4s. One has a slightly damaged case (won't stay closed), the other one has a damaged motherboard. I'd like to do a motherboard transplant, but after removing about 3 screws, I can't figure out what else is holding the motherboard down besides these weird metal pegs that I don't know how to deal with.

I can't seem to find any type of motherboard replacement instructions either on here or through Google, which I was actually kinda shocked at.

Does anyone have a link or instructions on removing the motherboard?

Here is the 3 main pictures from the G4 service manual. I hope it helps. If by "metal pegs" you mean the standoffs, you can just grab them with pliers and loosen them. There are quite a few, so look carefully for them all........

I can send you the entire PDF if you want it :p (a 12MB PDF)

Suture
Mar 4, 2007, 09:03 AM

Suture
Mar 4, 2007, 09:40 AM
Oh. Now I see what I didn't do. Remove the CPU. Heh.

/doh