PDA

View Full Version : Aquaness!


void
Jun 3, 2003, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a pic of an aqua drop(like on the PAL box but in blue and a drop shape)? I need a pretty high res one bcause I need to put it on the cover of a report. Also, what font do they use on the new SW boxes(keynote, FCE, etc.)?
thx
-void

shadowfax
Jun 3, 2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by void
Does anyone know where I can find a pic of an aqua drop(like on the PAL box but in blue and a drop shape)? I need a pretty high res one bcause I need to put it on the cover of a report. Also, what font do they use on the new SW boxes(keynote, FCE, etc.)?
thx
-void i have some that i made from scratch if you want. they are mostly graphite.

have a look here (http://www.keithsama.com/~westwoodib/index2.html) for a sample of what it looks like. i have some pretty good sized ones in PNG and PSD. i'll email them to you if you want.

shadowfax
Jun 4, 2003, 09:10 PM
did the stuff i sent you work out ok, void?

Royal Pineapple
Jun 4, 2003, 09:45 PM
isnt the thing on the box a lightbulb?
i didnt realise it was a droplet

wdlove
Jun 5, 2003, 09:20 PM
Nice work shadowfax! What kind of T-Shirt design did you end up with?

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Nice work shadowfax! What kind of T-Shirt design did you end up with? thanks. it was a gray shirt that had on the front a cool purple cartoony live oak tree on it with our title ("IBSO") in like arial, and then on the back it had a list of T-Shirt criteria that were spoofing the rubric for our huge history paper, and below that there was a logo i designed... let me post it here:

note: IB=international baccalaureate, hence the globe thing. it looks better on the t-shirt.

wdlove
Jun 6, 2003, 06:12 PM
Do you still have the T-Shirt Shadowfax? I would be interested in seeing a color picture!

shadowfax
Jun 7, 2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by wdlove
Do you still have the T-Shirt Shadowfax? I would be interested in seeing a color picture! i have it, but the one i ordered was too small. i'm not about to pose for you guys in it :o

it's really nothing that impressive. i used to have all the images of the stuff that was on it, but that's pretty much gone, i think. yeah. i probably deleted it awhile ago.

scem0
Jun 7, 2003, 01:42 AM
IB = hard. I'm not doing it. Too much work.

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s16/smilies-3020.png
- scem0 http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif

shadowfax
Jun 7, 2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by scem0
IB = hard. I'm not doing it. Too much work.

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s16/smilies-3020.png
- scem0 http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif i'm lazy too. i just get good grades anyway.

seriously, the 3 weeks of AP/IBs this year i played CS all night half the time and read outside-of-school books the other half. IB is a lot of work, but it still let's you be plenty lazy.

scem0
Jun 7, 2003, 01:49 AM
my sister barely scrapes by and she works her ass off. I have never been a hard worker in school. I do like the fact that tests weigh a lot on your final scores in IB classes, because tests are the only things that allow me to pass the classes I have with lots of homework. But I still don't want to take IB. Seems like too much work.

- scem0 http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif

shadowfax
Jun 7, 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by scem0
my sister barely scrapes by and she works her ass off. I have never been a hard worker in school. I do like the fact that tests weigh a lot on your final scores in IB classes, because tests are the only things that allow me to pass the classes I have with lots of homework. But I still don't want to take IB. Seems like too much work.

- scem0 http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif yeah. i would actually advise against it. i worked my @$$ off a lot of times, though not the spring semester of my senior year, and there really is no payoff. you do all this stuff to say, ooohhh, i'm in IB, and the payoff is dick. one girl in IB got into harvard this year, and she totally didn't deserve it. the smart, shining people got crap, in so many ways. and the people who just took all AP classes faired exactly as well as us. so honestly, i suggest that route.

springscansing
Jun 7, 2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by scem0
IB = hard. I'm not doing it. Too much work.

I think you have to be intelligent for that anyway...

Go eat your noodles.

maradong
Jun 7, 2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by springscansing
I think you have to be intelligent for that anyway...

Go eat your noodles.
:D