PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Quiz

job
Jun 3, 2003, 11:42 PM
A short, random quiz for all the old skoolers here. Feel free to add your questions.

Oh, and if you know the answer, don't post it.

We don't want to ruin it for the newer members; use PMs instead. :)

1. What was Durandal7's original user name?

2. What does "QC" stand for?

3. What was jefhatfield's original user name?

4. How many original forums were there?

5. Who is the other admin of Macrumors?

King Cobra
Jun 4, 2003, 05:20 PM
Well I know 4 out of 5...

Let me add another:

(fake) Name three appropriate names that rhyme with job's original username. If you message (or even post) any of the names I am thinking of, you get a bonus point for each one. :D

job
Jun 4, 2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
(fake) Name three appropriate names that rhyme with job's original username. If you message (or even post) any of the names I am thinking of, you get a bonus point for each one. :D

Oh ohoh...that's low man, even for you. ;) :p :D :D

Hey, am I eligible for those bonus points too? :p

job
Jun 4, 2003, 09:49 PM
Well, so far the standings are:

King Cobra:
5/5

vniow:
5/5

I'm all out of questions, so lets see some more from some other old-skoolers. :p :D

vniow
Jun 4, 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra

Oh come on give us something a little harder!

Okay, here's one:

What was the avatar (Mac processor related) that got everybody all riled up?

(assuming I remember this correctly)

King Cobra
Jun 5, 2003, 06:29 PM
(1) Which aussie forum member constantly changed avatars when he had around 1000 posts?

(2) Which Macrumors forum poster is the only one to spam the boards with well over 240 posts in a period of three days?

(3) What is the name of the PC troll, who:
>was proud of using a PC
>made only PC pro posts
>lived in the location of "buthole"
>and likes to have anal sex with chicken and other barnyard animals?
(This is all one person, as freaky as that sounds.)

Sun Baked
Jun 5, 2003, 06:34 PM
(2) Didn't he continue his rampage at another members board, while also starting his own failed attempt at his own forum that quickly attracted trolls from here, only to be taken private and die?

Something like that...

King Cobra
Jun 5, 2003, 06:44 PM
Well, sort of. His "attempt" isn't a failure.

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:03 PM
1. Which member holds the most posts made in a 24 hour period?

2. How many posts were made in the aformentioned time?

KC, if you don't know these.... :p :D

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by vniow
What was the avatar (Mac processor related) that got everybody all riled up?

I have absolutely no idea.

I can think of a few 'tars that have been a bit risque (the cat avatar), a few odd ones (freaky tadpole anyone?), but not one stands out.

Give us a hint. ;)

vniow
Jun 5, 2003, 11:48 PM
Okay, I'll give you a hint..

It was about the G5 and it was made by a moderator..

job
Jun 6, 2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by vniow
It was about the G5 and it was made by a moderator..

Ah. Got it. ;) :p

I just wasn't sure if that was the one.

job
Jun 7, 2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by job
1. Which member holds the most posts made in a 24 hour period?

2. How many posts were made in the aformentioned time?

Quick points update:

King Cobra:
7/7

vniow:
6.5/7

1. Which aussie forum member constantly changed avatars when he had around 1000 posts?

2. Which Macrumors forum poster is the only one to spam the boards with well over 240 posts in a period of three days?

3. What is the name of the PC troll, who...

4. What was the avatar (Mac processor related) that got everybody all riled up?

I'm 3/4 myself. I couldn't remember #3.

sparkleytone
Jun 7, 2003, 11:27 PM
i couldnt stand that guy man. always posting all this pc news and just generally baiting everyone. grrr.

i think the jefhatfield thing is a trick question. IIRC jefhatfield IS his original name, but he used a different one for a while after his posts became TOO prolific.

and the avatar, that was the sexy shiny one right? yeah that started a craze. personally i think b2tm's was the best.

jefhatfield
Jul 6, 2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
i couldnt stand that guy man. always posting all this pc news and just generally baiting everyone. grrr.

i think the jefhatfield thing is a trick question. IIRC jefhatfield IS his original name, but he used a different one for a while after his posts became TOO prolific.

and the avatar, that was the sexy shiny one right? yeah that started a craze. personally i think b2tm's was the best.

i was jefhatfield, then networkman, and now i am jefhatfield again

Royal Pineapple
Jul 17, 2003, 03:12 PM
what did DGVPG stand for?
thats kinda a trick question tho

Porshuh944turbo
Sep 19, 2004, 09:43 AM
who remembers spikey, and if so, what was the name of the member he always got in heated arguments with?? (this is more old skool than most of you i think... except for jefhatfield...) basically the guy got so mad he finally quit coming to macrumors..

jefhatfield
Sep 21, 2004, 12:22 AM
who was the user that spammed mr with a picture from rotten.com and what was the content of that picture?

does anybody remember kainjow?

what was the original name that ensignparis had?

wdlove
Sep 22, 2004, 01:56 PM
5. Who is the other admin of Macrumors?

I thought that arn was the only administrator. This if the first time that I have heard of this subject. I will admit that I don't know any of the answers. Could someone PM the answer to #5?

V.A.Toss
Sep 23, 2004, 06:45 PM
(3) What is the name of the PC troll, who:
>was proud of using a PC
>made only PC pro posts
>lived in the location of "buthole"
>and likes to have anal sex with chicken and other barnyard animals?
(This is all one person, as freaky as that sounds.)

ROFL, ive never read a post of his but that character sounds hilarious (in a worrying 'league of gentlemen' way). The idiot couldnt even spell butthole properly. Strange, from the sound of him thats probably where he hid his fingers.

Spikey got into arguments with 3-ish people, not one. He didnt leave, he got banned, he found the forum lacking in a sense of humour. So he went out in a blaze of flaming.

Macmaniac
Sep 24, 2004, 03:47 PM
Well I am rather stupid with these quiz things, and I don't remember most of the answers.
However I do know who was the other Admin. Blackspot was the other Admin, he did most of the story approving.

Does anyone remember the old icons MR used for Games? OS X?

applemacdude
Sep 25, 2004, 12:50 PM
Who was the first real "teen" poster here?

What was vniows first user name?

Nermal
Sep 27, 2004, 02:08 AM
What was vniows first user name?

Yay! One I know the answer to! :D

And, to make this post slightly more worthwhile, what was Mr Anderson's old username?

Blackspot was the other Admin, he did most of the story approving.

I believe it was Blakespot, not Blackspot.

applemacdude
Oct 4, 2004, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Nermal]Yay! One I know the answer to! :D

And, to make this post slightly more worthwhile, what was Mr Anderson's old username?

DukeStreet...Which was owned by me for a amount of time./.

Royal Pineapple
Oct 23, 2004, 09:27 PM
fill in the blank username: "SonOf----------"

he was funny, for about a day

Porshuh944turbo
Oct 25, 2004, 09:09 AM
You talking about SonOfSpikey?

That was actually me, but I forgot my password and just ended up making a new username... Thanks though for the compliment.. :)

Porshuh944turbo
Oct 25, 2004, 09:11 AM
who remembers spikey, and if so, what was the name of the member he always got in heated arguments with?? (this is more old skool than most of you i think... except for jefhatfield...) basically the guy got so mad he finally quit coming to macrumors..

Noone remembers this one? Here's a hint...

If you get that one, anyone remember the female post who used to bash him also? :hint: Starts with a K

Porshuh944turbo
Oct 25, 2004, 09:13 AM
No, now I remember why SonofSpikey stopped coming.. he was banned hehe...

Here's what I got when I logged in as sonofspikey

sonofspikey, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Royal Pineapple
Oct 25, 2004, 10:15 AM
i was thinking SonOfEyelikeart