PDA

View Full Version : iPod Headphone jack

SkyBell
Mar 6, 2007, 08:31 PM
Recently, I'm having a hard time getting any kind of headphone/earbuds to work on my 5.5G iPod(Received in January). The audio always comes out nice and clear on the left earbud, but I have wiggle and jiggle the jack around to get the right one to work. It's not the earbuds, I've tested them on other devices, and any kind of speaker I try on my iPod, the right one never works unless I wiggle it, and push it.

Is there any tips someone can give me on some fixes for this, or do I have to send it in to an Apple store? (I do NOT have the cash for this right now..)

diamond3
Mar 6, 2007, 09:00 PM
I dont know much about apple support, but seeing you just bought this you should be able to call and talk to them. That would be the first thing I would try. They will direct you on whether you can just send it in and they will fix it for free because it should be under warrenty.

copperhead
Mar 6, 2007, 10:39 PM
same thing happened to mine. i just opened it up and it was because the jack connection to the logic board was loose, all i had to do was re-fasten it. if you aren't comfortable with doing that, take it to the apple store, they should be able to fix it since it's under warranty.

Fearless Leader
Mar 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
this happened to my ipod mini, a few months out of warrenty of course.

heehee
Mar 19, 2007, 08:42 AM
same thing happened to mine. i just opened it up and it was because the jack connection to the logic board was loose, all i had to do was re-fasten it. if you aren't comfortable with doing that, take it to the apple store, they should be able to fix it since it's under warranty.

How do you open it? My nano is the same, but mine is not under warranty anymore. :(

mkrishnan
Mar 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
I have a friend with an iPod... I think 5G fullsize... that also does this. I have to check and see if she took it in for fixin'.

todd2000
Mar 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
(I do NOT have the cash for this right now..)

You don't need cash, it's under warranty they will fix it for free.

juanster
Mar 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
i don t know where, but i think i read somewhere that ipod's put more power in the right earbud than the right one, and that is why most earbuds speakers die on the right side, specially if they are not apple earbuds,,, not that this should matter tho, just take it to an apple store and show them,, they sould fix it for FREE, IT IS still under warranty...

sonofjabba
Mar 19, 2007, 05:43 PM
Nano's once the Headphone jack goes you might have tugged too hard on it and cracked the solder joints on the board. It's not really fixable. You might have cracked the board too.

Cult Follower
Mar 19, 2007, 08:42 PM
You should be able to get it fixed for free.