PDA

View Full Version : Should I play Aria First?

pcypert
Mar 7, 2007, 07:06 AM
Hey all,
I'm not a super fan of the series or anything...but I grew up with Castlevania I, II (my favorite), III, and the Super NES one. I played SOTN on PS1 and that's been it. Just got Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin...do I owe it to myself to play Aria first? It's a GBA game so I shouldn't have trouble finding it here on the cheap.

Am I missing much jumping straight into DoS? I started playing for a few minutes and could already tell there was some backstory there...is Aria a great game or can I just go ahead and play the DS one?

Paul

MacRumorUser
Mar 7, 2007, 07:11 AM
You'll be fine jumping straight in I'd guess. There's enough story and characters talking.

It plays completely different to the old ones though, probably why I wasnt so keen.

Dagless
Mar 7, 2007, 07:35 AM
I'd say so. Not that the story is too important (unless your me), but its hard to go back and play the GBA game after the DS one. But both need playing. Best platform RPG I've ever seen.

apfhex
Mar 7, 2007, 01:00 PM
I'd recommend it. When I got Dawn, I put off playing it until I got and played Aria (& Harmony, since it was the double pack). I don't regret it, it's a fantastic game (Dawn is a little better though, of course).