Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlf1187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
My ipod (4th gen) keeps restarting over and over again. The apple icon appears on screen, then disappears, then appears again, over and over again. It's been restarting continuously for the past 2 hours. What's wrong? How do i fix this?

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Are you sure you don't have it on repeat to the song "Over and Over again" - Tim Mcgraw & Nelly? Sorry, you just reminded me of that song.

My guess is its a HD problem, but I'm not the expert in this area. There some combination of buttons to do the system reset. Sorry I don't remember and I am not sure that will help. Also, what happens if you connect it to a computer?

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
yep, that would be the one. Thats the first time i have seen that page. It would solve a lot of peoples problems. If everyone did that first then nothing and asked for help we wouldn't get as many problems with the ipod. I guess thats why we have the forums now isn't it. Guide and direct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.