Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
So I go to Adelphia's home page today, March 7, and there in the TV News section is a headline that stops me cold: "Smith's Body Begins Trip to Bahamas".

It's one of those things that gives you severe disorientation for a second. You know, "Wait a minute...Anna Nicole Smith? Didn't they, like, bury her already?"

And sure enough, you click on the link and you get an article dated March 2 that says that Anna Nicole's body is being flown to the Bahamas for burial.

It's just a funny screwup on someone's part, but it made for a little Twilight Zone moment in my head. :p

Attachments

• Picture 2a.jpg
    Picture 2a.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 109

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Meanwhile, James Brown -- who died on December 25, over two months ago -- still hasn't been buried. :eek:

The Godfather of Soul has got to be smelling mighty funky by now. Please, Please, Please let the man rest already.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Counterfit said:
Why the hell not? Was he cremated?
I think his body has been embalmed (or otherwise prepared for burial), but no, he definitely hasn't been cremated. I'm assuming that they have him on ice or something -- but that's unclear to me.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
ATLANTA A newspaper is reporting that James Brown is expected to be buried today.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says Brown's body will be placed in a crypt at the Beech Island, South Carolina, home of one of his daughters.
The paper, quoting people close to the family, says there will be a private ceremony today at the home of Deanna Brown Thomas.
Charles Reid, manager of an Augusta, Georgia, funeral home, says he got a call this morning asking him about handling a burial service for Brown. Reid said he couldn't do the service until this afternoon, and was waiting for the family to call him back.
The "Godfather of Soul" died on Christmas Day at age 73.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Embalming will keep the smell down for a few days, I think something else would be needed to keep the body from "going off" for two months.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Embalming will keep the smell down for a few days, I think something else would be needed to keep the body from "going off" for two months.
According to reports there was a private viewing on Thursday. I don't know how they managed to keep the body in shape. DNA was taken and now he is being buried.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
According to reports there was a private viewing on Thursday. I don't know how they managed to keep the body in shape. DNA was taken and now he is being buried.
The body must have been kept in one of those fridge / freezer drawers in the morgue. He wouldn't last long enough at room temperature.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Am I the only one in the world who is really not that upset by Anna Nicole being dead? I mean, why do people care about her so much? If she was like a saint or someone who spent her life trying to save starving children or the environment, then maybe I would understand why people are sad. I have never seen a more selfish/insincere person on this planet, as well as a very impolite and pathetic person to watch on tv. Even if I tried, I couldn't make myself look as stupid as she did. I just don't understand why this is such a big deal, this is almost bigger than Princess Diana's death.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
DANIA BEACH, Fla. (March 26) - Former Playboy Playmate Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose of a sleeping medication and other drugs after she was found unresponsive at a hotel, authorities said Monday.

Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper said Smith died of "combined drug intoxication" with the sleeping medication chloral hydrate as the major factor. Smith was taking a lengthy list of other medications, including methadone for pain, he said.

Chloral hydrate is a sedative used to treat insomnia and alcohol withdrawal, relieve anxiety and ease post-surgery pain. Perper said Smith had been on several antidepressant and antianxiety drugs prior to her death.

"We found nothing to indicate any foul play," said Chief Charlie Tiger of the Seminole police department.

Perper said the detailed autopsy also showed no evidence of disease.

Perper's initial examination had revealed no serious injuries to her body. Perper said then that prescription drugs, but no illegal drugs, were found in Smith's hotel room, though he wouldn't identify them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.