PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis grandmother spared jail

joepunk
Mar 7, 2007, 07:01 PM
Patricia Tabram of Humshaugh, England. Police arrested the 68-year-old grandmother for growing some pot in her walk-in wardrobe. After striking a plea agreement to do community service, she had this to say (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/6426831.stm):

The police can come to my house every week. I’ll give them a cup of tea.
I’ll give them a decent biscuit…

Wow. England.

SMM
Mar 7, 2007, 07:27 PM
Patricia Tabram of Humshaugh, England. Police arrested the 68-year-old grandmother for growing some pot in her walk-in wardrobe. After striking a plea agreement to do community service, she had this to say (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/6426831.stm):

Wow. England.

Too bad it is not Canada, she could pass them the bong!

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 7, 2007, 07:48 PM
250 community hours ? Ill bet Blair and Cheney & Bush wont do 1 hr for getting thousands and thousands and thousands killed over no wmds? Who's the criminal ? grandma or these war mongers. Laws that make no sense what so ever except to grow the legal system and the police state.

nickster9224
Mar 7, 2007, 08:50 PM
old people are acting younger & younger every day

Counterfit
Mar 8, 2007, 02:11 AM
old people are acting younger & younger every day

Ugh, don't get me started on them.

Meh, too late. Today, we had the principal tuba from the New York Philharmonic come in for a recital. For these concerts, some old folks from whatever retirement village (or death house, whatever) get bussed in. During some of his pieces, three of the old hags started talking in a normal voice, as if there was nothing going on and they were chatting over some coffee. Hell, even the middle school kids sitting right behind me were better behaved.

Abstract
Mar 8, 2007, 07:30 AM
Well, she was spared jail once already. This time, if she goes to jail, I wouldn't care either way.

It's funny how some old people think they're above laws, rules, and general etiquette just because they're old. It'll be even funnier seeing her behind bars because she seems to think this way.

Henri Gaudier
Mar 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
... at least they showed some common sense. Unlike the Police. Targetting this poor woman is a massive waste of tax payers money. Abstract - I hope you're joking. She's using this stuff for pain relief and doesn't get a hit off it. I heard her on BBC Radio 4 LW which we can get over here and she sounded like a nice lady.

joepunk
Mar 8, 2007, 12:09 PM
I saw the news story on the 25 minute BBC News in the States last night. She did sound really nice and she, what she told us, mostly used a small pinch of the stuff in coffe/tea/hot drinks and makes a really good point that one can't get high off just a pinch.

Swarmlord
Mar 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
They probably figured out they'd have to pay for her room, board, and medical care.

iJon
Mar 8, 2007, 09:40 PM
It'll be even funnier seeing her behind bars because she seems to think this way.
Because of unjust and unproductive laws?

jon

Fukui
Mar 8, 2007, 10:33 PM
What a weird society we live in... one where we get thrown in jail for growing plants!

iancapable
Mar 8, 2007, 11:15 PM
... at least they showed some common sense. Unlike the Police. Targetting this poor woman is a massive waste of tax payers money. Abstract - I hope you're joking. She's using this stuff for pain relief and doesn't get a hit off it. I heard her on BBC Radio 4 LW which we can get over here and she sounded like a nice lady.

From what I know, she is a nice lady. I think the unfair crack down on drug users in this country is bad, the police should not be wasting tax payers money on old ladies growing a little pot and should instead focus on gang killings and keeping our streets safe...

Abstract
Mar 9, 2007, 09:03 AM
Because of unjust and unproductive laws?

jon

In this case, maybe. I'm talking in general. Old people just seem to think that they can get away with stuff because we all owe them.

Cybergypsy
Mar 9, 2007, 09:14 AM
I am waiting till I am 60 go rob a bank and claim i did not know i did that!

2nyRiggz
Mar 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
Too bad it is not Canada, she could pass them the bong!

Legalize it....pass the dutch grand ma!

Puff puff give..

Bless

ChrisWB
Mar 9, 2007, 11:48 AM
In this case, maybe. I'm talking in general. Old people just seem to think that they can get away with stuff because we all owe them.
In a way, we do owe them. All of our modern advancements are built upon the discoveries of generations past. It's irresponsible to deny that we owe older generations.

I agree with you in that it's also irresponsible for older generations to feel they get a free pass due to their age. However, in this case I don't think that is what happened.