View Full Version : Over-moderation of the forums?
Jun 4, 2003, 01:41 PM
Is it just me, or are threads getting shut down for nearly no reason at all?
And is it just me, or do certain moderators seem a bit fond of their position as a moderator? I mean you have to be suspect of anyone who thinks its a great idea to devote their time to controlling what other people do on an online message board that has virtually no actual significance whatsoever.
They'll probably close this too, but hopefully we can get in some good opinions first.
Jun 4, 2003, 01:49 PM
Don't take things personally. There are rules - you can read them if you like - we just enforce them.
the rules (http://forums.macrumors.com/announcement.php?forumid=20)
I think it's time to review the rules, as I've been closing and moving a higher number of posts recently:
1) Keep posts ontopic - Especially in the News/Rumors discussion. Off-topic posts in that area will likely get deleted without warning. Other forums are usually less strict, though a completely off-topic thread will likely get closed. Community discussion is pretty unregulated in this respect. Please direct idle chit-chat to that forum.
2) The profanity filter is there for a reason. Do not circumvent it. This is actually becoming my biggest pet peeve.
3) PLEASE try to post threads in the PROPER area.
4) Do not post multiple messages with the same content. One post in the proper area is sufficient.
5) No Warez/Serials talk.
6) In the end, use common sense. When you are about to post 30 messages in a row just to increase your post count... think to yourself "Is this annoying?" If the answer is yes, don't do it.
As for over moderation, that's your opinion. Things tend to get a little out of hand if there isn't some regulation.