Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unsaltedrhino

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Madrid, Spain
Wonder if anyone can help me with this?

Trying to put together something in Automator but its not too flexible for what I need, so was thinking a more advanced script might do the job? Trouble is I'm not too sure how to go about it!

I need it to load up one URL (in Safari or Firefox, doesn't matter too much), and then a different URL after a short pause in the SAME browser window (so the second link is referral of first). Then I need it to do the same for other pairs of links in a new tab or window (again after short pauses, not all at once).

Any input/help/ideas much appreciated!

thecombatwombat

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2004
wget

Some more info on exactly what you are trying to do would help, but it sounds like you're trying to fake clicks for the purpose of advertisements or referrals no? I'm going to just assume you're not trying to scam anyone too terribly . . .

You should have a look at the UNIX command line tool wget. It's reasonably simple to install on OS X via Mac Ports (http://www.macports.org/) and can do what you want. It can easily appear to be any web browser you want, and will pretend to be referred from any URL you want. A simple shell script will let you automate it in the way you describe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.