PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Pictures

FunFred2007
Mar 8, 2007, 07:19 PM
Hi there! I am looking for a clear picture of the back of the iPhone. I have looked all over the internet, but cannot seem to find one. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help!

TheManOfSilver
Mar 8, 2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/images/apple-iphone-back.jpg

Clear enough for you? :cool:

hdsalinas
Mar 8, 2007, 07:51 PM
hmm, I actually thought that it was all chrome in the back and black in the front.... hmmm sorry I think I wont get one now.

TheManOfSilver
Mar 8, 2007, 07:56 PM
hmm, I actually thought that it was all chrome in the back and black in the front.... hmmm sorry I think I wont get one now.

I think the tiny chrome ring around the camera spoils the whole look for me :p

Seriously though, I think the picture doesn't show it so well, but I think the back is supposed to be a more matte/textured metal finish.

ckeck
Mar 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
I think the tiny chrome ring around the camera spoils the whole look for me :p

Seriously though, I think the picture doesn't show it so well, but I think the back is supposed to be a more matte/textured metal finish.

I prefer this finish far more then a shiny chome finish like the Ipods...don't want my iPhone looking like my ipod :eek:

puckhead193
Mar 14, 2007, 03:12 PM
anyone have a picture of the side view to see the thickness pref. next to an ipod

Markleshark
Mar 14, 2007, 03:20 PM

Yeah, same as the iPod Mini/Nano I thinks.

Chaszmyr
Mar 14, 2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, same as the iPod Mini/Nano I thinks.

No, it's got some sort of matted texture, but it is not brushed. It is like the texture of the Cinema Displays.

zblaxberg
Mar 14, 2007, 03:45 PM
the iphone isn't worth a penny...i don't see what all the hype is about it...it's a blackberry on crack

Shaduu
Mar 14, 2007, 06:23 PM
It may be but it sure is purrty

Cybix
Mar 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
the iphone isn't worth a penny...i don't see what all the hype is about it...it's a blackberry on crack

you'll still buy one... sucker.

SkyBell
Mar 14, 2007, 10:36 PM

Damn, that must be some good crack.:D

Mmmm...crack....;)

Markleshark
Mar 15, 2007, 03:14 AM
No, it's got some sort of matted texture, but it is not brushed. It is like the texture of the Cinema Displays.

Fair enough. Either way its yummy. :)

Iphone User
Mar 15, 2007, 05:34 PM

You will see what the fuss is all about like the rest of us when it's launched and you can get your hands on it....:)

Kingsly
Mar 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
Is it me or is the SIM card slot big and, erm, open.
What if it falls out or something? I don't want a bright orange SIM card ruining the aesthetics of my iPhone! :confused:

skinnylegs
Mar 16, 2007, 07:21 PM
I *really* don't mean to come off as elitist or snobbish but.....

I'm wondering if those who seem 'kinda negative about the iPhone.....maybe it is primarily a money issue?

fishy2k8
Mar 17, 2007, 04:04 PM
What if it falls out or something? I don't want a bright orange SIM card ruining the aesthetics of my iPhone! :confused:

umm... im pretty sure that's not the sim card slot... that is probably a mini SD card slot, maybe im wrong tho

phuong
Mar 17, 2007, 04:13 PM
that's not the sim slot

Kingsly
Mar 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
that's not the sim slot

What is it then? :confused:

dejo
Mar 17, 2007, 05:12 PM
Are we talking about that black thing on the side?

fishy2k8
Mar 17, 2007, 09:55 PM
yes

dejo
Mar 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
yes
Um, that's the volume up/down rocker button.

steve jr.
Mar 18, 2007, 04:28 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/future_ceo/SIM.jpg

Shanesan
Mar 24, 2007, 03:51 AM

So the whole phone is a giant SIM card?

iZac
Mar 24, 2007, 10:44 AM

I'd like to know exactly where the SIM card slot is in this bad boy.

I assumed the SIM was under the rubberised looking black bottom part but the demo goes on to list the features of the back and bottom (with pictures), so why point to a non existent slot / port where the SIM is meant to go? The only possible place it could be near that arrow would be if you peeled the chrome bezel off, and that seems wrong. Any opinions?

toxicbomber
Mar 24, 2007, 08:05 PM
Did anyone notice this when Steve was making a call to Johnny Ive?
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4375/volumerk0.png

steve jr.
Mar 24, 2007, 08:51 PM

I assumed the SIM was under the rubberised looking black bottom part but the demo goes on to list the features of the back and bottom (with pictures), so why point to a non existent slot / port where the SIM is meant to go? The only possible place it could be near that arrow would be if you peeled the chrome bezel off, and that seems wrong. Any opinions?

All's I know is what Steve told us. I guess it is safe to assume the little hole to the right of the ear phone jack is what will make the tray slide open.

Compile 'em all
Mar 25, 2007, 03:02 PM

The "Rubberish" thing is the battery, and below it goes the SIM card.

steve jr.
Mar 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
The grill to the left is the speaker grill.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/future_ceo/grill.jpg

nagromme
Mar 25, 2007, 07:21 PM
I don't think anyone knows quite where the SIM card is except it's inside, but probably potentialy user-accessible since they mentioned it.

I assumed the black plastic part was for the antenna signals.

Brushed? I don't think any iPods have been brushed. (Brushed gives a linear effect, like Safari has--or other patterns sometimes.) I've never noticed any difference in Apple's aluminum textures, from PowerBooks to iPod Minis/Nanos to Mac Minis to Cinema Displays. I assume the iPhone back is the same as all of the above.

Chaszmyr
Mar 25, 2007, 08:19 PM
Brushed? I don't think any iPods have been brushed. (Brushed gives a linear effect, like Safari has--or other patterns sometimes.) I've never noticed any difference in Apple's aluminum textures, from PowerBooks to iPod Minis/Nanos to Mac Minis to Cinema Displays. I assume the iPhone back is the same as all of the above.

I'm aware of the texture that brushing gives, but I really thought that's the treatment that iPod minis/nanos have. I suppose I could be mistaken...

nagromme
Mar 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
I'm aware of the texture that brushing gives, but I really thought that's the treatment that iPod minis/nanos have. I suppose I could be mistaken...

I could be wrong too, but I think that the "brushed" thing is something a LOT of Apple aricles have stated for years, without it actually ever being true. But now I'll have to go to my Apple Store and check! :)

It doesn't help that Apple so often uses 3D renders... but here's a pretty good real photo of an iPod mini:

http://geektechnique.org/images/ipodcrankpower-19.jpg

steve jr.
Mar 26, 2007, 11:26 AM
I believe it's things like the Mac Pro, MBP, and iPod mini's and nano's that are anodized aluminum. To my knowledge, Apple sells nothing that is brushed metal. I think it's just a term used for the visual appearance of some things in OS X like Safari.

tyson12zoll
Apr 6, 2007, 12:53 PM
Brushed metal surfaces don't always have to be linear like that which aqua mimics. The iphone's back is like a new nano, I assume, and I would love to see them drive the sales of the 8gig with an all BLACK back like they do with the nanos.

Cult Follower
Apr 6, 2007, 01:20 PM
the back will be like the ipod nano and the shuffle. That's what it looks like to me.

nagromme
Apr 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
Brushed doesn't have to be horizontal linear, but I believe it DOES always have a linear pattern of some kind (could be swirled etc.)--that's the point of it: metal brushes dig slightly into the metal to create a pattern of very tiny grooves that affect how the light hits.

Apple uses a but of a texture (maybe just part of the molding?) but no grooves/brushing. (A slightly similar effect is found on their round metal power buttons though.)

Peace
Apr 6, 2007, 03:08 PM
Did anyone notice this when Steve was making a call to Johnny Ive?

I'm guessing it's because his name is Jonathan Ive not John.

abrooks
Apr 7, 2007, 06:21 AM
I could be wrong too, but I think that the "brushed" thing is something a LOT of Apple aricles have stated for years, without it actually ever being true.

The current nanos are anodised aluminium if I recall correctly, the rear of the iPhone is definitely shiny but it's not brushed, so I'll assume anodised as well.

Mgkwho
Apr 7, 2007, 11:18 AM
I am looking for a clear picture of the back of the iPhone. I have looked all over the internet, but cannot seem to find one.

lmao, all you had to do was type in "apple iphone back" in Google and it's the first hit.

-=|Mgkwho

Aperture
Apr 7, 2007, 11:05 PM
lmao, all you had to do was type in "apple iphone back" in Google and it's the first hit.

-=|Mgkwho

Ya don't even need the "Apple". All over the internet, lol.

nagromme
Apr 7, 2007, 11:08 PM
In fact, just search for "i"... Apple is the top hit :)

puckhead193
Apr 8, 2007, 12:50 PM
Is that a cream color? Seems weird from those high-res. pictures

nagromme
Apr 8, 2007, 01:49 PM
Nope, just plain aluminum like the silver Nano and pro laptops. Many photos have poor color balance, but the ones at Apple.com are better:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html

puckhead193
Apr 8, 2007, 03:20 PM
Nope, just plain aluminum like the silver Nano and pro laptops. Many photos have poor color balance, but the ones at Apple.com are better:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html

i hope its alumunum cause that cream color is fugly!

Shaduu
Apr 11, 2007, 08:55 AM
I can't seem to make heads of tails of this; is the Apple logo on the back bevelled and mirror-finished?

nagromme
Apr 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
It's chrome and set into the aluminum--much like the chrome logo on the G4 iMac and eMac. But it looks to be recessed a little to reduce scratching. (The chrome backs of iPods seem to be more vulnerable to scuff marks than the aluminum of nanos and pro laptops.)

mtwiz
May 1, 2007, 02:41 PM
The aluminum back of the iPhone has been bead blasted which gives it a satin finish. Bead blasting is like sand blasting but with finer/smaller glass media. Brushed finishes are usually limited to flat surfaces like front panels or to surfaces with gentle curves. Bead blasting is often used when the metal has flat surfaces as well as sharper bends and curves. Polishing can also be used on both flat and curved surfaces but is usually more labor intensive. This is all done to hide scratches in manufacturing and handling and to give the surface a uniform finish. Anodizing is just a protective/decorative surface coating like chrome, nickel or copper.

koobcamuk
May 3, 2007, 07:30 AM
I'm guessing it's because his name is Jonathan Ive not John.

Either way, Jonny never has one n

koobcamuk
May 3, 2007, 07:36 AM
What is it then? :confused:

You honestly thought that was where a SIM card would go? :eek:

szsiddiq
May 3, 2007, 10:45 PM
You honestly thought that was where a SIM card would go? :eek:

this is where the sim card is :)...pulled from the keynote

ToastMaster
May 14, 2007, 09:50 PM
Either way, Jonny never has one n

Well, did you screenshot that from the video? Like was that what popped up on the screen in front of the audience? Surely someone must have noticed.