PDA

View Full Version : CRTC (Canadian Government) responsible for lack of TV Shows/Movies in Canada

Chiggs
Mar 9, 2007, 08:51 AM
Full post on my blog at the below link but yesterday while making a purchase at the Apple Store in Toronto, I was told by an Apple employee that at least for TV shows, the agreements with the studios were complete but that the real reason they had not yet been added was that the CRTC (read the Canadian Government) would not approve iTunes to distribute the content.

Struck me as stange that I would get such specific information from him... Not sure whether to believe this or not...

http://torants.blogspot.com/2007/03/crtc-real-reason-for-delay-in-launching.html

Keebler
Mar 9, 2007, 09:13 AM
i wouldn't doubt it at all. i have no such inside or otherwise knowledge, but i know there was regulation involvement in getting the music off the ground too.

same thing with the TV. CRTC have their heads so far stuck up their arses, it's unbelievable. it all comes down to money i'm sure.

hey, it's par for the course for canada. we're always taxed in some way so the govt can benefit. i'm not doubting the benefits of taxes b/c they can be used for good, but i always say this half-joking, but i'm serious....

someday, we will be taxed for how many times we take a dump each day.

it's coming.

just give the govt time to realize they can make more money from us.

:)