Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I know this is a Mac Forum, but I own a Mac Pro but using a Dell 2407WFP. Great monitor, except I can't get any sound play out of the other input mode such as Composite, and through PIP Mode. Does anyone own a Dell 2407WFP to get sound out of it? I even buy the Dell Soundbar but still no sound. It really bug me because I buy it for PIP mode and I get only picture but no sound.

Thank You

dkoralek

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I know this is a Mac Forum, but I own a Mac Pro but using a Dell 2407WFP. Great monitor, except I can't get any sound play out of the other input mode such as Composite, and through PIP Mode. Does anyone own a Dell 2407WFP to get sound out of it? I even buy the Dell Soundbar but still no sound. It really bug me because I buy it for PIP mode and I get only picture but no sound.

Thank You

Hi Tangerine,

I do have a Dell 2407WFP. The sound input has nothing to do with any of the video inputs. If you want to use the same speakers to play whatever input source you have, you would have to switch the plugs (or maybe they make some mini plug switches out there?). The way I have mine set up is the stereo out from a MacPro wired into the sound bar of the display and the video card to the dvi connector of the monitor. I have a digital cable box output using component connectors to the dell flat panel, and the stereo audio fromt he cable box going to a separate set of self-powered stereo speakers (i used to tune tv using a vcr using a composite input to the monitor and the same speaker set up). I guess alternatively you could input the tv source audio into the mac pro directly and then have it play through the computer audio out.

cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.