PDA

View Full Version : PC laptop death...

eyelikeart
Jun 4, 2003, 07:58 PM
So the guys I'm producing a local tv show with decided it was time to put a cursed PC laptop to rest. The story goes, this guy they know had this laptop for a few years. It was always giving him trouble, and the longer he had it, the worse off he felt. Finally, he decided to buy a new one, but didn't know what to do with the old. He didn't want another poor bastard to be cursed with it, so he came up with a solution to ensure no one ever had the problems he had.

http://www.nolatv.com/shows/m3/index.shtml

:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2003, 08:11 PM
Well that was something....I was hoping for something a little more dramatic :D

And what did he end up replacing it with?

D

Royal Pineapple
Jun 4, 2003, 08:20 PM
ya that was cool but droping it off a building would have been better
but it was still intertaining

wdlove
Jun 4, 2003, 08:22 PM
I know that it isn't your fault eyelikeart, but your site caused my Mac to freeze. The control, option, apple, & delete didn't save that day that time! :p

Mr. Anderson
Jun 4, 2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Royal Pineapple
ya that was cool but droping it off a building would have been better

The building would have been good, and you could have taken multiple camera angles - one from below, one from above and one to the side following it as it falled.

Also, to make it more interesting you could add some to it by having it land on a mattress (so it doesn't get destroyed) and then have it crushed by something else falling on top of it. Set the audience up, fool them and deliver ;)

And the bashing of computers/equipment was done best in Office Space :D

D

thekaiser
Jun 4, 2003, 08:52 PM
I have always wondered if anyone has used a 12 gauge shotgun on their computer. I can only imagine that it has happened, but I have never seen it. I think that would be kind of fun to see.

shadowfax
Jun 4, 2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by thekaiser
I have always wondered if anyone has used a 12 gauge shotgun on their computer. I can only imagine that it has happened, but I have never seen it. I think that would be kind of fun to see. that would be so badass to take a sawn-off 10 gauge to a laptop at about 4 feet away. actually you would want to check the spread at different distances to make sure you covered the whole thing.

but yeah, that would have been hilarious if, in a last fit of vengeful rage, the PC managed to slit the tires as they went over it.

ExoticFish
Jun 4, 2003, 09:26 PM
i LOVE stuff like this. My friends and I have a couple PC Beatings a years and they are so much fun... now that it's warming up we should be having another one soon.

Here's a video we made of one year:

the movie (35 MB) (http://www.exoticfish.net/downloads/PCbeating98.mov)

it was made years ago right after that PC Beating and we're thinking about going back through all our footage and re-working them all and putting them on DVD. Anywho.... good times...