Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Brad Delp, the lead singer of Boston, has died aged 55.

Didn't really know much of their music apart from the big hits but still a shame.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Anyway You Want It (That's The Way You Need It...)
:confused: Not quite. Try Journey for that one.

This news made me sad :(. I quite like Boston. I had tickets to see them back in '02 or '03 and the show was cancelled on the day of the show due to a band member being ill. Now I'll never get to see Boston play :(.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
:confused: Not quite. Try Journey for that one.

This news made me sad :(. I quite like Boston. I had tickets to see them back in '02 or '03 and the show was cancelled on the day of the show due to a band member being ill. Now I'll never get to see Boston play :(.

Yea, I just realized that one. Swing and a miss. Peace of Mind was the one I was trying to think of.

ScruffyTheMac

macrumors regular
May 21, 2005
Massachusetts
:(

When I was a college junior in Nashville ('78-'79), I had a suitemate from Boston (the city :) ). He claimed to have grown up with Brad Delp. When Boston (the band) was touring that year, they had a show in Murfreesboro (MTSU? - those brain cells aren't functioning too well). My suitemate took a couple of us with him for what was supposed to be a free admission/backstage pass etc.

When we got to the auditorium ticket window, of course our friend wasn't on 'the list'. You can imagine the harrassment we gave him. Somehow he convinced us to wait around at the performer's entrance for over an hour (which wasn't a popular idea with the security people, for sure). Eventually, the band limo pulled up - Brad Delp got out, saw my friend, ran over and gave him a bear hug.

We got our seats and backstage passes after all. In retrospect, it was a blessing to have missed most of the opening act (Sammy Hagar), based on the closing song (worst live guitar solo I've ever had the misfortune to hear).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.