Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gvdv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Does FCE HD have the ability to provide clickable onscreen menu options, i.e. the capability to set icons on screen which one can click on via one's DVD remote control so that you can access other parts of the DVD?

Or is this more the province of DVD authoring?

Thanks,
GVDV

gvdv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Dh
Thanks very much for this; that's what I suspected.

All the best
GVDV

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Dh
Thanks very much for this; that's what I suspected.

All the best
GVDV

It is possible to create chapter markers or points in Final Cut Express and then create a DVD using iDVD. Here you can use icons and scene selections and what not.

gvdv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
It is possible to create chapter markers or points in Final Cut Express and then create a DVD using iDVD. Here you can use icons and scene selections and what not.

Texas04,
Thanks for this but I don't think that this is what I was talking about - if I understand what you're saying about iDVD's capabilities. In addition to having a main menu for the DVD, with markers and chapters that one can go to, I want to have onscreen icons that appear on screen during the actual footage, so that one can then jump to them and then back to the scene, if required.

Is that what you mean?/
GVDV

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Texas04,
Thanks for this but I don't think that this is what I was talking about - if I understand what you're saying about iDVD's capabilities. In addition to having a main menu for the DVD, with markers and chapters that one can go to, I want to have onscreen icons that appear on screen during the actual footage, so that one can then jump to them and then back to the scene, if required.

Is that what you mean?/
GVDV

Try a Keynote Presentation and making a "interactive slideshow". This may be what you are looking for. However it would have to be on a .mov file instead of a DVD.. I am not sure if it will work on a DVD...

gvdv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Try a Keynote Presentation and making a "interactive slideshow". This may be what you are looking for. However it would have to be on a .mov file instead of a DVD.. I am not sure if it will work on a DVD...

Thanks,
GVDV

seniorstinky

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Does FCE HD have the ability to provide clickable onscreen menu options, i.e. the capability to set icons on screen which one can click on via one's DVD remote control so that you can access other parts of the DVD?

Or is this more the province of DVD authoring?

Thanks,
GVDV

That's purely DVD authoring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.