PDA

View Full Version : Do you want clean teeth?

jethroted
Jun 4, 2003, 10:30 PM
I recently purchased a Crest Spinbrush Pro, and it is the best toothbrush I have ever had! My teeth really do feel as clean as going to the dentist! I encourage everyone out there to get one of these things if you really want clean teeth. I am not an employee of Crest trying to pawn off my wears, but a sincere customer who tried it (because it was on sale for cheap) and fell in love with such a stupid thing. Who could get this crazy over a stupid toothbrush? I didn't think I could, but here I am. Go get one! I rate it 5 out of 5.

scem0
Jun 4, 2003, 10:50 PM
Do you want clean teeth?

No, I despise clean teeth.

The whole world should look like this:
http://www.sealinks.de/laender/vietnam/_photos/index.25.jpg

Well, I guess I do like clean teeth, but not those high tech toothbrushes. I had an ultrasonic toothbrush and it was such a hassle. A regular toothbrush does the job good enough, and isnt such a hassle.

- scem0 http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif

janey
Jun 5, 2003, 12:20 AM
flossing is a good idea too...:rolleyes: :p

Wardofsky
Jun 5, 2003, 12:31 AM
Braces require clean teeth...

vollspacken
Jun 5, 2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by scem0
No, I despise clean teeth.

The whole world should look like this:
http://www.sealinks.de/laender/vietnam/_photos/index.25.jpg

Holy shizznit, the French Legion got their a** kicked by THOSE guys at Dien Bien Phu..? :eek:

vSpacken

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by vollspacken
Holy shizznit, the French Legion got their a** kicked by THOSE guys at Dien Bien Phu..? :eek:

vSpacken yeah. unfortunately for the vietnamese, they weren't able to bite their french enemies, but thankfully, automatic rifles, bombs, and ground rockets don't require that you have clean teeth.

i have never had the slightest hint of having a cavity, luckily, and i am pretty lax about it (brush 1, very occasionally 2 times a day). unfortunately, last summer i broke one of my teeth in half when i got run over by a horse that i fell off (luckily he freaking jumped over me [grazed my mouth] rather than putting his foot down on my head), so now i have to watch it, but it seems to be doing OK. i got it covered by some stuff that hardens when you expose it to UV or some other light, and am yet to get it capped.

MacFan25
Jun 5, 2003, 10:32 AM
Of course I want clean teeth. :) I have braces so they have to be extra clean. Never tried an electric toothbrush though.

jethroted
Jun 5, 2003, 10:58 AM
I'm telling you, these things are great! Easy to use, and super clean feeling! :D

medea
Jun 5, 2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by vollspacken

vSpacken
yeah I don't remember the Americans coming out on top of the Vietnam War either......

as far as oral hygeine goes though, I brush and rinse, I probably don't floss as much as I should, I've been looking into one of those sonic care brushes but they are a little pricey.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2003, 01:28 PM
As the Vice President of the National Flossing Council I floss regularly and everyone should. I keep floss handy at my office and even in my car.

Visit one of my site www.flossing.org !:D

(I did the original design and Armand is now doing more of the work)

D

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 5, 2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
I am not an employee of Crest trying to pawn off my wears,. . . Go get one! I rate it 5 out of 5.

You so work for Crest:D

wdlove
Jun 5, 2003, 01:33 PM
I had braces when I was younger. Admit that I didn't brush my teeth diligently as directed. Didn't really visit a dentist often either. For the past 3 years I've been in a study at Forsyth Institute. The research is to investigate Peridontal Disease. Currently they provide a toothbrush and toothpaste. They provide an in depth dental cleaning every 6 months. I floss daily!

MacBandit
Jun 5, 2003, 01:39 PM
I like Oral-B personally and have found no better tooth brush then there CrossAction toothbrush. So when I saw they came out with a power Cross-Action I jumped on it. I tell you it's fantastic. In my oppionion the only thing that can beat an Oral-B is a better Oral-B.

jethroted
Jun 5, 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
I like Oral-B personally and have found no better tooth brush then there CrossAction toothbrush. So when I saw they came out with a power Cross-Action I jumped on it. I tell you it's fantastic. In my oppionion the only thing that can beat an Oral-B is a better Oral-B.

I can see that you have not used an electric spin brush. If you had, then you would agree that no manual toothbrush can be better. Even if it's not a crest brand toothbrush. No one I have met, who has used a spin brush has gone back to using a manual one. I'm not counting those expensive ultra sonic ones or water picks. I have seen lot's of people go off those, but never a handheld spin brush. They are that good.

By the way, Mr. Anderson, I went to your site, and now I get why your sig says "Help Spread 'Peace of Mouth'" Avoid a cavity search!

MacBandit
Jun 5, 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
I can see that you have not used an electric spin brush. If you had, then you would agree that no manual toothbrush can be better. Even if it's not a crest brand toothbrush. No one I have met, who has used a spin brush has gone back to using a manual one. I'm not counting those expensive ultra sonic ones or water picks. I have seen lot's of people go off those, but never a handheld spin brush. They are that good.

By the way, Mr. Anderson, I went to your site, and now I get why your sig says "Help Spread 'Peace of Mouth'" Avoid a cavity search!

Hmm, you didn't read my post very well did ya. I said I just got the power Oral-B, power meaning battery powered.

janey
Jun 5, 2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
As the Vice President of the National Flossing Council I floss regularly and everyone should.
oh sheesh :p i didn't know :eek:
thats awesome!

i had braces, they sucked sometimes but it was a real relief to get them off...but my teeth are starting to get kinda crooked again :p
considering the fact that almost everyone i know is currently getting braces, it makes me feel good to stand out :D

actripxl
Jun 5, 2003, 06:36 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but manual are just as good if not better when used correctly than power brushes. By the way I'll be a Dentist in 7 months so I kind of know what im talking about here. There is no need for powerbrush, I use a manual one with the proper technique. See your a consumer, and they are selling a product so to get your money they trick you with these commercials that you HAVE to use them.

mrjamin
Jun 5, 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by actripxl
Hate to burst your bubble but manual are just as good if not better when used correctly than power brushes. By the way I'll be a Dentist in 7 months so I kind of know what im talking about here. There is no need for powerbrush, I use a manual one with the proper technique. See your a consumer, and they are selling a product so to get your money they trick you with these commercials that you HAVE to use them.

this might sound skanky, but i brush my teeth every couple of days! [lol - funny type i just made 'i brush my teeth every couple of dcays] - i've NEVER had a single problem with my teeth, my dentist has always said that i look after them!!

I do chew a LOT of gum though which could provide the explanation.

[edit: removed the image - it was way too revolting[

actripxl
Jun 5, 2003, 06:59 PM
Well some people are just lucky, and make it sugerless gum that does work. P.S. Don't get your hopes up with those teeth whiteners unless you plan to use them ALL the time.

mrjamin
Jun 5, 2003, 07:06 PM
Well some people are just lucky, and make it sugerless gum that does work. P.S. Don't get your hopes up with those teeth whiteners unless you plan to use them ALL the time.

According to my dentist, even gun that isn't sugarfree is ok because chewing produces saliva that helps it dissolve it or something. He was like some leading european researcher into chewing gum

BTW - i never have and never will buy whitening toothpaste - its just a way for companies to dick you out of more money - how much more hi-tech can toothpaste get?! Besides, TipEx does the job just as well

actripxl
Jun 5, 2003, 07:15 PM
I didn't say he was wrong, just that sugerless is better because of the lack or small amounts of sugar. And yes by chewing gum it makes you constantly produce saliva and that helps fight cavaties.

mrjamin
Jun 5, 2003, 07:21 PM
I didn't say he was wrong, just that sugerless is better because of the lack or small amounts of sugar. And yes by chewing gum it makes you constantly produce saliva and that helps fight cavaties.

nah - i didn't think you did.

chewing gum also increases the risk of stomach cancers, ulcers and various other nasty problems. Anyone know if its true that it takes 7 years to digest swallowed gum? I doubt it VERY much; if it were then i wouldn't be able to eat as my stomach would be close to bursting.

beez7777
Jun 5, 2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
Anyone know if its true that it takes 7 years to digest swallowed gum? I doubt it VERY much; if it were then i wouldn't be able to eat as my stomach would be close to bursting.

i would bet almost all of my money that that's not true. First off, food usually only stays in your stomach for an hour (longer if you eat more food, duh). Second, about 90% of digestion occurs in the small intestine; only proteins get digested in the stomach.

mrjamin
Jun 5, 2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by beez7777
i would bet almost all of my money that that's not true. First off, food usually only stays in your stomach for an hour (longer if you eat more food, duh). Second, about 90% of digestion occurs in the small intestine; only proteins get digested in the stomach.

lol - jolly good, i thought it was something your mum tells you to stop you chewing gum when you're a kid!

wdlove
Jun 5, 2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
[B) i had braces, they sucked sometimes but it was a real relief to get them off...but my teeth are starting to get kinda crooked again :p [/B]

übergeek, my teeth did the same thing because of my wisdom teeth! :(

Wardofsky
Jun 5, 2003, 08:35 PM
Well, only a few months until my suit-of-armour are off my teeth.

jethroted
Jun 5, 2003, 10:14 PM

I am not just some consumer buying into the latest hype. I thought these things were a cheap gimick when I saw them. "An electric toothbrush? What more useless crap will they feed to us?" is what I thought. Then this guy at work came in one morning after he had purchased one of these things, and was telling everyone how great it was. I was still a non believer, and told him to shut up. How good could it really be? It's just a stinkin toothbrush. Really people. So he swore that if we tried it, we would never turn back, so he went out and bought 4 of the crest spin brushes, and gave them to us non-believers. Suse as *****, he was right. My teeth felt like they had just come home from the dentist! I couln't believe that such a cheap ($5 or so) gimick could really work, but it did. A couple of weeks later my batteries went dead, and had to use my old toothbrush, but it sucked. I felt ike i had just rubbed my teeth with a wooden stick. After that point I have never used a manual toothbrush again. I never will. You just can't compare the clean you get from it. Sorry, but even if you are just about to be a dentist, I am going to disagree with you, because I have seen too many people who thought it was stupid turn their backs on old fashoned toothbrushes.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 11:40 PM
I want clean teeth. That's why I brush, floss, and use mouthwash twice a day. I like fresh breath, and so do my lady friends.

springscansing
Jun 5, 2003, 11:54 PM
Ditto here on the wisdom teeth. Would it help if I got those ****ers ripped out?

MacBandit
Jun 6, 2003, 01:05 AM
Yay I need to have my wisdome teeth removed too. Though I was told this a few years ago. I just hate the thought of having it done and it hasn't caused me any serious problems. I'll probably get it done this year. I only have two and their on the bottom.

As for power or no power. I don't think it matters but for the lazy person the power really does help. I don't know if it really makes a difference. I usually wear my tooth brushes out in about a month and a half. They're not falling apart or flattened or anything it's just that I can tell they aren't doing as well. Really sitting down and concentrating on how your brushing and where your brushing get's great results with either type though I still stand behind my previous statement that the Oral-B cross action is the best non-power brush on the market.

jxyama
Jun 6, 2003, 08:56 AM
just a suggestion... if you are going to get your wisdom teeth pulled, get all of the ones you need pulled (2? 4? 6? somewhere in between?) AT ONCE.

DON'T think like... "ah, i think i'll do it in stages... two this year and maybe the rest later."

it's a pain, taking care of the wounds after being pulled. and having, say, 4 pulled instead of 2 will add marginal amount to that pain, whereas doing it in stages will basically double the trouble.

[nastyness warning]

"pulling" is not really the right word to describe it. it's more like "crushing and twisting and then pulling... pulling really
HARD"

[\warning]

wdlove
Jun 6, 2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by springscansing
Ditto here on the wisdom teeth. Would it help if I got those ****ers ripped out?

I don't think I would have them pulled unless it was medically necesssary. All of mine were pulled at the same time, it was recommended. Two of my wisdom teeth were impacted.

Rower_CPU
Jun 6, 2003, 10:30 AM
Earlier is also better with wisdom teeth. The older you are when you have them removed, the worse the procedue and pain are.

I had mine out around when I was 18, and I didn't need anything more than Ibuprofen for the next day or so.

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Earlier is also better with wisdom teeth. The older you are when you have them removed, the worse the procedue and pain are.

I had mine out around when I was 18, and I didn't need anything more than Ibuprofen for the next day or so.

the same is true with circumcision.

errr, anyway. I've had my wisdom teeth trough for a couple of years now (i'm 20) and never had a single problem with them. Hmm, i must have a very big mouth or something

MacBandit
Jun 6, 2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jxyama
just a suggestion... if you are going to get your wisdom teeth pulled, get all of the ones you need pulled (2? 4? 6? somewhere in between?) AT ONCE.

DON'T think like... "ah, i think i'll do it in stages... two this year and maybe the rest later."

it's a pain, taking care of the wounds after being pulled. and having, say, 4 pulled instead of 2 will add marginal amount to that pain, whereas doing it in stages will basically double the trouble.

[nastyness warning]

"pulling" is not really the right word to describe it. it's more like "crushing and twisting and then pulling... pulling really
HARD"

[\warning]

Thanks for the suggestion but I only have the two wisdom teeth. That's it no other teeth that need pulled and my wisdom teeth on the top never developed so there's nothing on top to even touch.

actripxl
Jun 6, 2003, 07:11 PM
Well Mac Bandit is right, the only reason some people think that a power brush is better is that they are to lazy to do it right the manual. Again Jethrod you can disagree with me, but I have studies backing up my side (I wouldn't argue with a lawyer about law, they obviously have much better insight on the subjet than my uninformed opinion). P.S. your teeth gradually move through out your life regardless of the presence of wisdom teeth, so if you wanna keep them straight you might have to you those invisiline molds to keep them straight every now and then.

MacBandit
Jun 7, 2003, 12:21 AM
Well Mac Bandit is right, the only reason some people think that a power brush is better is that they are to lazy to do it right the manual. Again Jethrod you can disagree with me, but I have studies backing up my side (I wouldn't argue with a lawyer about law, they obviously have much better insight on the subjet than my uninformed opinion). P.S. your teeth gradually move through out your life regardless of the presence of wisdom teeth, so if you wanna keep them straight you might have to you those invisiline molds to keep them straight every now and then.

How long do those invisilign molds last. Could keep the last mold you had and over the years just use it once and a while to put your teeth back to where you want them? That would be a cool benefit over braces.