Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubba Scruggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Toronto
Darn, I just got working what I thought was the ultimate solution - Parallels using a Boot camp partition, but ran into one problem - there is no "suspend" feature in Parallels when using a Boot Camp partition. This is for integrity reasons, which I can understand.

This means every time you launch Parallels you have to wait for Windows to boot up. Now I'm faced with a tough decision - deal with an extra 30-45 seconds every time I want to use a windows app, or give up boot camp as a fail safe option. Resuming a frozen windows state is just so sweet, especially considering I can leave whatever windows apps open that I had been using previously.

I'm using a Macbook so games are an iffy proposition at best to begin with, and thats about all I can imagine using Boot camp for to begin with.

anyone else deal with this decision?

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
I'm with you on this, for running office xp(i still like it best) i prefer using the VM, it's just snappier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.