PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wedding & Bridal Accessories

Porshuh944turbo
Jun 5, 2003, 04:01 AM
Hey you guys.. I know it looks like I'm a newbie and shouldn't be posting stuff like this (I'm really just changed my name) but I wonder if anyone here would be interested in something....

My sister started her own bridal business and I know there are those on here who may be getting married or know someone who is getting married... anyway, take a look at her site... I think it's really nice but I'm her brother and she wanted some feedback on how her site looked and stuff from "non family members" :) I can forward on any comments or you can let her know.. there should be a link on her site to her email...

http://www.amysbridalaccessories.com/

anyway.. i hope I'm not crowding space by posting this.. I just thought I'd help her get some good feedback by some people she doesn't know. Thanks you guys (and girls).

wdlove
Jun 5, 2003, 02:04 PM
I think it's a great site. Very easy to use. My critique would be that the paragraph at the top of the home page is very difficult to read, too lite. A very nice selection of items. Is the picture used on the site Amy?

Porshuh944turbo
Jun 5, 2003, 11:27 PM
No.. it's a friend of hers I believe.. She had some pictures taken to advertise I think..

pEZ
Jun 5, 2003, 11:46 PM
Overall a very nice website, very well laid out and planned. I agree in that the gray on white at the top of the page almost looks like a disclaimer that most would skip - if it should be a more integral part of the page, it should be a bit bolder, a darker color against the white background (which totally works for the wedding theme).

I'd suggest playing with the colors a little. Use a dark green for some of the text, because it would compliment the stems of the flowers on the page. A maroon or burgundy would also look awesome, just not too bright, because it could severely break the tone of the site.

Otherwise, it looks excellent!

Wow, it sounds like I know what I'm talking about.

Giaguara
Jun 6, 2003, 12:14 AM
looks good. simple enough and with style.

by the way - anyone has any idea if it's possible to get married online? i hate weddings :)

wdlove
Jun 6, 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Giaguara
looks good. simple enough and with style.

by the way - anyone has any idea if it's possible to get married online? i hate weddings :)

If the season finale of NYPD Blue was accurate. They Sipowitz had the office assistant go online so he could be licensed to perform a wedding. The wedding wasn't performed because their lieutenant was shot.

Virtual walk down the isle, but its not legally binding!

http://www.livewed.com/

Potus
Jun 7, 2003, 07:16 AM
If you hate weddings, why get married, as a wedding is the legal (and sometimes religious) recognition of a union?

You can go down to the courthouse and get a clerk to recognize your union without a lot of fuss and bother. But as marriage has numerous legal consequences, most having to do with property rights, the union has to be witnessed: the whole thing can be accomplished in about 5-10 minutes.

MacFan25
Jun 7, 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Porshuh944turbo
Hey you guys.. I know it looks like I'm a newbie and shouldn't be posting stuff like this (I'm really just changed my name)
Whats your old name?

Porshuh944turbo
Jun 9, 2003, 11:30 PM
i'll keep that down for a while yet...

clubmedia
Jun 10, 2003, 01:04 AM
not bad. nice and clean. search engine friendly. i don't like counters on commercial sites, i prefer webstats that are usually included with most hosting packages. when i see counters i automatically think of someones first webpage they ever put up, and they almost always put counters up. just my opinion though. good use of meta tags.

the only thing that bothers me is the site built using m$ frontpage! even if i did have to make a site with frontpage, i would delete the meta tags showing that i had. but then i am a die hard mac peep... hehe

good stuff though

Porshuh944turbo
Jun 10, 2003, 01:50 AM
hehe.. good job catching all that!

She does use frontpage.. and yes, she probably should take out the tags that say that.. and I didn't notice the counter.. thanks for the input, clubmedia. I gave her the link to this forum so she can see the input..

she's currently redoing it and getting some others to help her make it better.. I don't think she has posted anything new yet, but from what she showed me, it looks good.

clubmedia
Jun 10, 2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Porshuh944turbo
hehe.. good job catching all that!

She does use frontpage.. and yes, she probably should take out the tags that say that.. and I didn't notice the counter.. thanks for the input, clubmedia. I gave her the link to this forum so she can see the input..

she's currently redoing it and getting some others to help her make it better.. I don't think she has posted anything new yet, but from what she showed me, it looks good.

good stuff