PDA

View Full Version : Spacers

Computer_Phreak
Jun 5, 2003, 11:05 AM
I just got spacers yesterday, the little rubber bands that they put between your teeth. Anyone else have these put in? Can you tell me how long they hurt for? I'm still in pain :(

MacFan25
Jun 5, 2003, 11:13 AM
I've had my braces for about a year and a half. before i got my braces, i had a few spacers. I didn't have any pain with them at all. But, some people said they were painful. I think it varies from person to person.

Computer_Phreak
Jun 5, 2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MacFan25
I've had my braces for about a year and a half. before i got my braces, i had a few spacers. I didn't have any pain with them at all. But, some people said they were painful. I think it varies from person to person.

well i have 8 spacers, and i can't bite down on anything.

maradong
Jun 5, 2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Computer_Phreak
well i have 8 spacers, and i can't bite down on anything.
:(

Foxer
Jun 5, 2003, 11:36 AM
I thought this was going to be another religion thread for sci-fi religions or something. "I think that Spock said it best when..."

On topic, though. I had spacers. In 1985 or 6. I totally forgot about those things though. All I remember about braces was that every visit to the orthodontist resulted in 1 or 2 days of discomfort. There you go.

A word of advice -- brush your teeth! I didn't do that much when I had braces and the resulting calcium build-up took years to get rid off. Yick!