PDA

View Full Version : I'm boycotting Hillarys' book

zippywinds
Jun 5, 2003, 11:41 AM
Let begin a boycott of Hillary's' book,
Her voice is like hearing scratching a black board,
If she becomes president we will all have to salute Hail Hillary a.k.a you name your dictator style.
She is a dragon lady.

:D :D ::p :p

Ugg
Jun 5, 2003, 11:47 AM
Why is it that Americans fear strong women? I would have loved Elizabeth Dole as president and I'm a Democrat.

Flowbee
Jun 5, 2003, 12:20 PM
Already bought it... sorry. :p

I don't think you need to like her or respect her to admit that it might be an interesting read. Besides, how are you going to argue about how bad the book is if you haven't read it. I would think Hillary-bashers would be first in line to read it. I'm sure Rush has a copy.

cubist
Jun 5, 2003, 12:23 PM
I wonder if she admits the truth behind the frame-up and illegal dismissal of the Travel Office employees. Or why the White House did nothing to prevent the Waco massacre.

I doubt it.

ColoJohnBoy
Jun 5, 2003, 12:51 PM
Dear God. It's people like you that got the current idiot Thief Executive into office. I'd be much happier having an experienced, intelligent, wise, and capable woman leading this country than someone who lacks all those attributes, much like the current executive. If you want to bitch about something, find a more appropriate forum with people as pinheaded as you to converse with.

Vote Hilary Clinton for President!!

--------------------------------------------------
Visit Blue Pudding!
http://bluepudding.1hwy.com

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 12:59 PM
I'm not going to buy it, because I think it will be a snoozer of a read, not because I have some irrational hatred of anyone with the name clinton after their first name. I've noticed the most rabid haters of the clintons are the same ones who yell "Get OVER IT!" whenever discussion of dubya's dubious election comes up. Weird huh. Oh well. Besides, they already leaked the juiciest details already. The whole thing is a bid to reshape her image for a future run for the white house, and I do detect a lot of fear among the male power structure that a *gasp* woman might end up in charge.

medea
Jun 5, 2003, 01:21 PM
first of all this belongs in the political discussion....second what ground do you have to call Hillary Clinton a dictator, I belive she would make a grand president and in the next election (not the upcoming 2004) I will surely vote for here.
perhaps you are just afraid of a woman having more power than you.....

wdlove
Jun 5, 2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ugg
Why is it that Americans fear strong women? I would have loved Elizabeth Dole as president and I'm a Democrat.

I look forward to a woman president. My working career has been working with strong women. I found it enjoyable working with the majority of them. The job was to provide the best care for the patient. I think that our 1st female president will be in my lifetime and will be a Republican.

zippywinds
Jun 5, 2003, 01:24 PM
Liddy dole, conalisa rice, laura ingraham, all would make great presidents, they would care for the people, the only thing hillary care about is herself, she would sell her daughter to the devil to become president. I she would have divorced bubba years and years ago and had to go it alone with out him i might have different feelings.
The woman hates being around children, when she is around then she looks at them, heaven help it if they touch her, afraid get her hands dirty, Barbara Bush and her husband 41 spend lunchtime rocking babies with aids, so did Princes Di.
I remember when hillary was visiting Mother Tearsea home of orphans, Mother Tearsea want hillary to hold a baby she refused.
Hillary only had chelsea for political appearances.
Read "The Hillary Trap" by Laura Ingraham.
HILLARY IS DANGEROUS

zarathustra
Jun 5, 2003, 01:29 PM
I personally would have loved Mrs. Dole or other ladies to be in power - just not Hillary. She is a snake and has had more legal troubles than Bill. I hope people don't vote her in based on the fact that she would be the first female running for presidency - let's ask some NY state people how she did during her position in the senate? Not too stellar. To buy a house in New York just so that she can run in that state shows me what kind of an opportunistic weasel she is. Why didn't she run in Arkansas?

zimv20
Jun 5, 2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by zippywinds
Liddy dole, conalisa rice, laura ingraham, all would make great presidents, they would care for the people, the only thing hillary care about is herself, she would sell her daughter to the devil to become president. I she would have divorced bubba years and years ago and had to go it alone with out him i might have different feelings.
The woman hates being around children, when she is around then she looks at them, heaven help it if they touch her, afraid get her hands dirty, Barbara Bush and her husband 41 spend lunchtime rocking babies with aids, so did Princes Di.
I remember when hillary was visiting Mother Tearsea home of orphans, Mother Tearsea want hillary to hold a baby she refused.
Read "The Hillary Trap" by Laura Ingraham.
HILLARY IS DANGEROUS

i'm in chicago and i can just _feel_ all your anger and hatred. neat!

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I look forward to a woman president. My working career has been working with strong women. I found it enjoyable working with the majority of them. The job was to provide the best care for the patient. I think that our 1st female president will be in my lifetime and will be a Republican.

This isn't aimed at you wdlove, you just happened to supply me with an opportunity to gripe a little!
Of course it will be a republican, and for the same reason that only nixon could go to china. The progressives have to drag the conservatives kicking and screaming forward. The reason only nixon could go to china is because if anyone from the democratic party had gone they would have been labeled a traitor by the right. Same reason people think Sharon has the ability to make peace with the Palestinians, because the most vocal critics of such an attempt are within his own party, and they are reluctant to attack their own leader. When Barak tried to make peace he was raked over the coals by the conservatives in Israel. When Rabin tried, he was assasinated by an ultra-right jew.

zarathustra
Jun 5, 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by mactastic
This isn't aimed at you wdlove, you just happened to supply me with an opportunity to gripe a little!
Of course it will be a republican, and for the same reason that only nixon could go to china. The progressives have to drag the conservatives kicking and screaming forward. The reason only nixon could go to china is because if anyone from the democratic party had gone they would have been labeled a traitor by the right. Same reason people think Sharon has the ability to make peace with the Palestinians, because the most vocal critics of such an attempt are within his own party, and they are reluctant to attack their own leader. When Barak tried to make peace he was raked over the coals by the conservatives in Israel. When Rabin tried, he was assasinated by an ultra-right jew.

Wow, that's new, a left wing conrpiracy-theorist! ;) :p

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 01:53 PM
What's conspiratorial about that? Or are all opinions conspiracies?

zippywinds
Jun 5, 2003, 01:55 PM
HILLARY DID NOT EVEN WRITE THE BOOK, SHE HAD 3 OTHER PEOPLE WRITE THE BOOK.
SHE DID NOT EVEN WRITE "TAKES A VILLAGE" THE DRAGON LADY PROMISED THE WRITER CREDIT, BUT DID NOT CREDIT THE WRITER, THE WRITER WENT TO COURT AND RECEIVED A SETTLEMENT.

By the way Medea I'm a woman and I am deathly afriad of this woman.:mad:

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 01:58 PM
HILLARY DID NOT EVEN WRITE THE BOOK, SHE HAD 3 OTHER PEOPLE WRITE THE BOOK.
SHE DID NOT EVEN WRITE "TAKES A VILLAGE" THE DRAGON LADY PROMISED THE WRITER CREDIT, BUT DID NOT CREDIT THE WRITER, THE WRITER WENT TO COURT AND RECEIVED A SETTLEMENT.

By the way Medea I'm a woman and I am deathly afriad of this woman.:mad:

Not a lot of celebrities write their own books and the ghost writer is very rarely given any prominence for doing the writing.

macfan
Jun 5, 2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cubist
I wonder if she admits the truth behind the frame-up and illegal dismissal of the Travel Office employees. Or why the White House did nothing to prevent the Waco massacre.

I doubt it.

cubist,
I believe you are without a clue on the "Waco massacre." That wasn't Clinton's fault, and it wasn't Reno's fault. It was mostly the fault of one Vernon Howell aka David Koresh, and he was aided and abetted by an less that competent ATF that decided to use a military style raid when they could have lured the suspect into town very easily.

The firing of the travel office employees was not illegal. The president has the right to hire and fire those positions.

mactastic,
I would remind you that it was Barak, not a right winger, who placed a pretty good deal on the table for Arafat, who then rejected it.

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 02:46 PM
macfan, i would remind you that barak was voted out of office after giving that very generous offer due to pressure from the right. I'm not arguing who's fault that was, just that it is very difficult for a left-winger to affect certain changes when they are accused of being soft or weak, then the people who accuse them turn around and take credit for doing what they so harshly criticized the left for doing.

zippywinds
Jun 5, 2003, 02:49 PM
But she gives and appearance of a way with words, she went to law school at Yale and Wellesley college, I wonder if she had other people writing papers for her.
I thought writing and being a lawyer and etc go hand and hand.
WHAT A FAKE

ALOT OF HOLLYWOOD TYPES NEED PEOPLE TO WRITE FOR THEM, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE, THEY MAKE ZILLIONS TO PLAY MAKE BELIEVE, THEY ARE USELESS TO SOCIETY, THEY DON'T SAVE LIVES, EDUCATE CHILDREN, GROW FOOD, AND IT IS THE HOLLYWOOD TYPES THAT WORSHIP HER LIKE A god,

Actors in Roman times were slaves.

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 02:54 PM
Neither Rush Limbaugh nor Bill Bennet wrote their own books. Does this make them any less in your opinion? Both have claimed a way with words as well. And who wants to go back to Roman times? No macs!

Ugg
Jun 5, 2003, 02:55 PM
But she gives and appearance of a way with words, she went to law school at Yale and Wellesley college, I wonder if she had other people writing papers for her.
WHAT A FAKE

ALOT OF HOLLYWOOD TYPES NEED PEOPLE TO WRITE FOR THEM, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE, THEY MAKE ZILLIONS TO PLAY MAKE BELIEVE, THEY ARE USELESS TO SOCIETY, THEY DON'T SAVE LIVES, EDUCATE CHILDREN, GROW FOOD, AND IT IS THE HOLLYWOOD TYPES THAT WORSHIP HER LIKE A god,

Your point is......

macfan
Jun 5, 2003, 02:57 PM
macfan, i would remind you that barak was voted out of office after giving that very generous offer due to pressure from the right. I'm not arguing who's fault that was, just that it is very difficult for a left-winger to affect certain changes when they are accused of being soft or weak, then the people who accuse them turn around and take credit for doing what they so harshly criticized the left for doing.

Had the offer been accepted, Barak would likely not have been voted out of office.

zippywinds,
Why do you hate Hillary so much?

That is as absurd as the stupidty expressed by another poster on these forums who asserts that Bush loves killing people.

zarathustra
Jun 5, 2003, 03:02 PM
Neither Rush Limbaugh nor Bill Bennet wrote their own books. Does this make them any less in your opinion? Both have claimed a way with words as well. And who wants to go back to Roman times? No macs!

I don't like Rush but I am pretty sure he wrote "See, I told you so..."

zippywinds
Jun 5, 2003, 03:10 PM
we are being duped by types like hillary, bubba, hollywood, pro-sports, the corperate world of ceo,

NOTE I DO NOT INCLUDE STEVE JOBS IN THIS LIST.

NO WONDER THAT WE ARE GOING DOWN THE TUBES.

HILLARY WOULD HAVE STATUES OF HER EVERY WHERE LIKE SADAM

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by zarathustra
I don't like Rush but I am pretty sure he wrote "See, I told you so..."

Judith Regan is listed as the "editor" of the book. She was his ghost writer.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/067187120X/ref=pd_sbs_b_1/102-7806601-5735312?v=glance&s=books#product-details

zippywinds
Jun 5, 2003, 03:31 PM
Steve Jobs wife for PRESIDENT.

THINK OF IT????

STEVE COULD SUPPLY THE GOV WITH MACS'

A conflict of interest i could live with.

Ugg
Jun 5, 2003, 03:55 PM
Link (http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswire/2003/06/05/rtr992207.html)

Is the case against Martha Stewart another indication of America's hatred of strong women? I'm no fan of hers and if she is guilty then she should be pay the price.

I still think that this country has a deeply held belief that women don't belong in positions of power, unless they are like the CEO of Southwest or someone like Sandra Day O'Connor.

wwworry
Jun 5, 2003, 04:48 PM
we are being duped by types like hillary, bubba, hollywood, pro-sports, the corperate world of ceo,

raving lunatic? controled by rays from outer space???

???

I do not understand this post.

edit: I also would not buy her book because she is a politician now and not a writer. zippywinds is clearly off it's rocker.

mactastic
Jun 5, 2003, 04:54 PM
Yeah I was a little lost on this one as well.

pseudobrit
Jun 5, 2003, 04:57 PM
WHAT A FAKE

CAN YOU YELL A LITTLE ********** LOUDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T QUITE HEAR YOU... Jesus jumpin' Christ

FYI, actors and gladiators were well paid celebrities in Rome.

pseudobrit
Jun 5, 2003, 05:02 PM
Before the Hilary bashing gets more out of control, AND PEOPLE SCREAM EVEN MORE BLOODY LOUDLY ABOUT STUPID CRAP ALL DAY!!!!!

Can anyone here who despises Hilary so for whatever reasons you percieve to make her "dragon lady" or whatever or having kids to further her political career (which didn't exist at the time) provide some concrete source of bad things Hilary has done? Stories? Articles?

NewsMax and Drudge don't count, BTW, and FoxNews only does if the wires picked it up and confirmed it.

pseudobrit
Jun 5, 2003, 05:06 PM
Another thing, while I'm on a roll. I'LL TRY NOT TO SCREAM MY FOOL HEAD OFF EITHER.... sorry, it must be contagious!

I think John Lennon nailed it with a song: "Woman Is The N*gger Of The World" that still rings true today.

Women are the last group of people on whom it's okay to heap bigotry and hate. Them and those dirty fags...

Dont Hurt Me
Jun 5, 2003, 05:09 PM
Well after being married for many years i would not want any woman for president, My god the mood swings during the week before,the current and after. that gives you 1 good week! we need a president who is good to go 4 weeks a month! Sort like George! Also you have to have a President with some balls, Clintons were all ready taken by Monica & Hillary.:D Think she will tell us in her book what she did with them?

Ugg
Jun 5, 2003, 05:19 PM
Pakistan
Indonesia
Finland
The Philipines
UK
India
Israel
Nicaragua
Turkey

All countries with wildly divergent religious and political backgrounds as well as attitudes towards women, yet they've all had female leaders in the last 50 years. This isn't a complete list by any means but it does show that the rest of the world has no issues with female heads of state.

Flowbee
Jun 5, 2003, 05:25 PM

First of all, Steve Jobs invited Al Gore to serve on Apple's Board of Directors, so I'm not sure why you're not including him on your "What's Wrong with America" list.

Secondly, typing in ALL CAPS doesn't make your ranting seem any smarter or more important. I think most people who read these forums regularly will likely skip over your posts if they are written in ALL CAPS. On the 'net it's called 'shouting' or 'yelling.' Not only is it diffucult to read, but it generally indicates a relatively low maturity level. Everybody's opinion is welcome here... but do yourself (and us) a favor and lay off the CAPS key.

vniow
Jun 5, 2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me

Please tell me that was some sort of joke.

Dont Hurt Me
Jun 5, 2003, 05:34 PM
IT WAS! and how you doing? interesting avatar. been gone for awhile hope you liked the joke.

macfan
Jun 5, 2003, 05:35 PM
Folks,
The Hillary bashing from this poster is unfair and unjustified unless one draws from some real anti Hillary sources--sources that take a little bit of fact and a lot of conjecture and invective to come to the conclusion that Senator Clinton is a "dragon lady." Part of these unfair conclusions are based on actual minor instances such as this one (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/travel_office/travel_office_1-5.html), as reported by PBS and Newsweek.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2003, 05:41 PM
Congrats - you all managed to get another one shut down.

Lets lighten up on the 'jokes' - they don't come across very well, reading them, you could think you're being serious.

And all caps are a pain.

D