PDA

View Full Version : iBook monitor "feet"?

ChePibe
Mar 12, 2007, 11:59 PM
The "feet" (or pads, or whatever) have fallen out of my 12" G4 1.33 Ghz iBook. These are the small rubber parts in the top corners of my monitor.

Does anyone know where I can find replacements for these? I was going to simply let it go, but this laptop is about to be passed on to my little sister-in-law and receive at least another year or two of abuse. I assume these tiny parts help keep the monitor away from the keyboard, making the computer look much better.

Thanks in advance,

ChePibe

Scarlet Fever
Mar 13, 2007, 12:05 AM
give Apple a call, they might just ship them out to you for free, or next to free. Stranger things have happened... :rolleyes:

iBenzin
Mar 13, 2007, 12:56 AM
Go to an Apple store and ask for some..

Mac the knife
Mar 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
I bought some in the Marketplace section from someone parting an iBook out. They are much harder to get in than you would think.

ChillyWilly9
Mar 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
I actually just got a replacement set of 3 (3 because the 4th one is attached to the battery) for about $6.00 on eBay.

ibook feet on ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=ibook+feet)

iSee
Mar 13, 2007, 04:13 PM
I think the OP is talking about the rubber bits on the LCD panel, not the rubber feet on the bottom of the iBook.

To do a proper job, these are a real pain to replace because you need to install them from the behind the front panel. That means you need to disassemble the LCD panel.

You need to go in from behind because these pads have a wide rubber base that anchors them and there is no way you could squeeze that base through the small hole in the plastic panel. (My experience is from taking apart my 1.2GHz G4 12", so I'm assuming that the 1.33 GHz is the same).

If you could find the rubber pads you could make a cosmetic repair much more easily by cutting off the thick rubber base and just glueing the remaining piece on to the panel, but I'd guess that would not stand up to too much wear and tear.

ChillyWilly9
Mar 13, 2007, 08:35 PM
oops my bad... didn't read it right.