Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

askthedust

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2003
enlightenment
The slot load of my cd/dvd drive seems to have something preventing the loading of cd/dvd's. I can't tell if something is stuck in there or if there is a problem witht he drive itself. Anyone else had this problem?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Dunno... Try restarting with the mouse/trackpad key held to force an eject. If something is in there, it should be recognised in System Profiler, too. :)

askthedust

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2003
enlightenment
slot

No Noise, I can put a cd in and eject one, but it seems to catch on something and then go in. Ejects with no problem. This is a new thing that just started happening. I've had this powerbook since 2004. Looks like whatever it is is scratching the cd's :mad:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Can you use a torch to see if there's a physical disruption on the edge of the drive?

Picture 1.png

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
If worse comes to worse and you have fast reflexes, you could grab as much of the disc as you can when you hit the eject button and just yank it out!

I'm half kidding. And I really hope you don't have to resort to doing something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.