PDA

View Full Version : First kiss?

mrjamin
Jun 5, 2003, 07:19 PM
How old were you when you had your first kiss, who was it with and how was it?

This is open to people of all 'inclinations' but please people, be nice, keep it clean and don't see this as an opportunity to voice your conquests!</covering my back>

Ok, i'll go first. Mine was with a girl called kimberly at age 13, under a tree in an industrial estate; i'm so romantic! I can honestly say i can't remember it too well. Having said that, i was experiencing the frustrations of puberty so i probably thought it was the most amazing thing in the world.

janey
Jun 5, 2003, 07:34 PM
i'm hoping that my first kiss will be with josh (ibookin') at the apple store :p :D

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 07:39 PM
do we dare ask how old you plan to be?

i'm 18 myself, never had a kiss or a girlfriend. humbug, life's just a pisser sometimes.

mrjamin
Jun 5, 2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax

i'm 18 myself, never had a kiss or a girlfriend. humbug, life's just a pisser sometimes.

believe me - i wish i could say the same sometimes. The more people you're with, the more tainted your heart becomes (ouch, cliche). Its true though; everyone you go out with, a little bit of your stays with them, if you get what i mean. Its good to be independant, and you'll appreciate a girlfriend even more when it does happen.

Best peice of advise to aid the getting a gf process: don't spend too much time on the net!! Not that many girls dig it - having said that, mine does :D

I love my current girlfriend to pieces, which is why i kinda wish i'd never been out with anyone else

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 07:46 PM
my heart isn't tainted, i don't suppose, but i am incredibly cynical about the whole thing as a result. whatever though.

janey
Jun 5, 2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
Best peice of advise to aid the getting a gf process: don't spend too much time on the net!! Not that many girls dig it - having said that, mine does :D
i actually want ibookin to spend more time on the net.

MrMacMan
Jun 5, 2003, 08:01 PM
Woo, I'll add to this sad thread.

I'm 15... and I like so far 3/4 haven't got kissed yet.

yaybooo for me. :(

Mal
Jun 5, 2003, 08:07 PM
I just turned 18 in March, just got my first, and hopefully only, girlfriend two weeks ago. As such, I have not had a first kiss, nor am I trying to get there fast. I don't intend to get married until I'm out of college, so I don't need to start too much of the process until I'm at least close to it. Just my opinion.

JW

applemacdude
Jun 5, 2003, 08:12 PM
im 14 and 1/2 and i still didnt get my first kiss:(

MacAztec
Jun 5, 2003, 08:13 PM
7th Grade at a school dance.

springscansing
Jun 5, 2003, 08:14 PM
I was 17...a bit late I know, but I've been with her a year and a half since, and its been fantastic.

MacFan25
Jun 5, 2003, 08:15 PM
I'm 15, and still no first kiss. :(

MrMacMan
Jun 5, 2003, 08:20 PM
Wow damn are we mac users deprived or something, someone needs to start a dating service. :eek: (half kidding)

Damn the going age is liek 18 for first kiss...

MrMacMan
Jun 5, 2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by springscansing
Eh.. my mac's got more processors than your's. :-P

Uhmmm... was that a sad attempt at a diss?

I hope not... cause that was lame...

King Cobra
Jun 5, 2003, 08:45 PM
My only kisses have been from relative family members, never from some around my age.

dynamicd
Jun 5, 2003, 08:45 PM
Mine was in 6th grade with an 8th grader named jenny. Oh yeah, who's the MAC Daddy?? Lol, i had to pull that one out.

Macette
Jun 5, 2003, 08:52 PM
I was twelve and he was the new boy at my school... a skater with curly blond hair. He had a half-pipe that his dad built in his backyard. He was one of the best boy kissers I ever came across.

First kiss with a girl was when I was at boarding school, when I was fifteen. She was pretty cute.

For the other gay people here: who's only ever kissed people of the same sex? When did you start?

vniow
Hmm...maybe we should round up all the members who haven't got kissed yet and....ok maybe not..

szark
I'd have to say my first serious kiss happened when I was 19.

Although I did kiss a girl multiple times on the lips when we were in 1st & 2nd grade (6-7 yrs. old).

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2003, 08:56 PM
I was...14...it was raining...I was infatuated bigtime with this girl...

one of my glory moments in life... :D

vniow
Jun 5, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Macette
For the other gay people here: who's only ever kissed people of the same sex? When did you start?

That would be me.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251585

What's different about kissing a boy rather than a girl? Never been much into guys myself...

MrMacMan
Jun 5, 2003, 08:59 PM
I was twelve and he was the new boy at my school... a skater with curly blond hair. He had a half-pipe that his dad built in his backyard. He was one of the best boy kissers I ever came across.

First kiss with a girl was when I was at boarding school, when I was fifteen. She was pretty cute.

Your a girl right. (oh god I'm bad with this) :(

Macette
Jun 5, 2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Your a girl right. (oh god I'm bad with this) :(

Yep.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2003, 09:02 PM
1st grade for me - in front of the whole class when the teacher left the room. I moved away in 5th grade and saw her again in High School, but, well, I never mentioned it to her. Weird, that :D

D

Macette
Jun 5, 2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by vniow
That would be me.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251585

What's different about kissing a boy rather than a girl? Never been much into guys myself...

I haven't kissed a boy for ages... so I can't remember. But some of them are ok :D

wdlove
Jun 5, 2003, 09:03 PM
I believe it was my senior prom, nothing really memorable!

Vector
Jun 5, 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
1st grade for me - in front of the whole class when the teacher left the room. I moved away in 5th grade and saw her again in High School, but, well, I never mentioned it to her. Weird, that :D

D

My first kiss was also in 1st grade. She moved a few years later.

Mblazened
Jun 5, 2003, 09:14 PM
if we're talkin real kisses.... i was 16

Interesting thread. For those who have not yet experienced this "first kiss," i can testify that you probably would never see it coming.

Giaguara
Jun 5, 2003, 09:18 PM
i have truely forgotten who it was and when. :confused: :rolleyes:

springscansing
Jun 5, 2003, 09:23 PM
Ah screw this stupid server. Ate another post. *kicks it*

Anyway macman, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC for christ sakes.

Saying my computer has more processors than your's was NOT intended as a serious insult.

I will be sure to include the word sarcasm in giant orange letters in future posts concerning you.

evoluzione
Jun 5, 2003, 09:25 PM
wow, i have no idea when my first kiss was, i do know it was when i was at lower school (which is 5-9 years old), so probably about 7. i even had two girlfriends at the same time :D :cool: haha. middle school (9-13) came along and I was keeping busy, i guess "proper" kissing during that time. then upper school (13-18/19) and i barely had one girlfriend. go figure. more my own fault than anything. and now.....well, enjoying being single, first time for way too long i think. (i did wait until i was 23 before losing my virginity though, my choice, not through lack of options....and i'm glad i did too :) )

MrMacMan
Jun 5, 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by springscansing
Ah screw this stupid server. Ate another post. *kicks it*

Anyway macman, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC for christ sakes.

Saying my computer has more processors than your's was NOT intended as a serious insult.

I will be sure to include the word sarcasm in giant orange letters in future posts concerning you.

Or maybe you can Meet MR SMILIES:
Joking -- ;)
Kidding around -- :D
'I'm being serious' or using Sarcasm -- :rolleyes:
Also :p can and has been used.

pivo6
Jun 5, 2003, 09:42 PM
It was the summer between my 8th and 9th grades I think. Her name was Jill and she was 2 years older than me. Hadn't seen her for 15+ years when she stopped by my father's house to give her condolences on my brothers death in 2000. The kiss as I remember now was quite nice.

howard
Jun 5, 2003, 09:49 PM
first kiss was when i was 17 with this girl i really liked, it was wonderful at the time, i was infatuated definitely...kissed her a few more times...she never became my girlfriend though..definitely for the better, cause then i wouldn't have the girl i do now...sigh.

hugemullens
Jun 5, 2003, 09:50 PM
I'll add my pathetic story. I was 19! I know it was late, but hey, i held out, fell in love and we are still together (2 and half years now)

NavyIntel007
Jun 5, 2003, 10:03 PM
First grade to this girl named Shannon. She and her friends chased me around in 4th grade when I wanted nothing to do with her.

First make out was with Becky between 7th and 8th grade.

And then down the corruptness spiral I went...

pEZ
Jun 5, 2003, 10:06 PM
Fine, I'll post too. I was 16, girl that I wanted to like but moreso felt that I *needed* a girlfriend. Almost like a peer pressure thing - I was in a typical cliquey high school. We broke up, mutual decision, she started going out with someone else within the week. Haven't had a girlfriend since, so I've decided that I've never REALLY been kissed. Didn't count.

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 10:07 PM
Or maybe you can Meet MR SMILIES:
Joking -- ;)
Kidding around -- :D
'I'm being serious' or using Sarcasm -- :rolleyes:
Also :p can and has been used. seriously? wow! he did ":-P" or something like that. so, hmm. maybe you just overreacted?

all you people who called in and did :( because you're 14, 15, or 16 and haven't been kissed, good gracious. you just started high school, or you're not too far into it. even *i* wasn't wanting to jump the gun at that point...

Foxer
Jun 5, 2003, 10:37 PM
some hooker downtown that my dad took me to on my 15th birthday.

Stelliform
Jun 5, 2003, 10:44 PM
I was 16, the first kiss ended up as first make out too.. :) (My friend set me up with her for a double date, I realized after the kiss she was a little easy. ;) Anyway It was fun!

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 10:48 PM
Well, my first kiss was a little more than that.

It was over winter break this year. This girl was over at my house with me, no one else though. We were up in my room, it was raining hard outside. We were kinda snuggling then started kissing and then, well, I think you know the rest ...

And, yes, I'm smart, we used protection. And she was sooo fine. Cheerleader. Still together too. Both of our's first time.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Foxer

Dear God, please tell me you're kidding. I'm afraid that you aren't, though.

:eek:

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by donigian
Are you sure? And I was kidding about being afraid. this is why it isn't worth commenting on.

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:11 PM
Haven't had one yet.

I'm on summer break and there are many a fine lass here in Texas.

I'm interested in a girl that lifeguards with me. She's 5'11" leggy and blonde. :D

Macette
Jun 5, 2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by job
I'm interested in a girl that lifeguards with me. She's 5'11" leggy and blonde. :D

get an imagination, bucko. what the fk does leggy mean anyway? she's got legs? sheesh.

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 11:18 PM
get an imagination, bucko. what the fk does leggy mean anyway? she's got legs? sheesh. it means she has long, beautiful, tanned legs, i bet.

i'm still waiting for the girl in my 'tar :rolleyes:

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 11:18 PM
get an imagination, bucko. what the fk does leggy mean anyway? she's got legs? sheesh.

Good point, I've always wondered what leggy was. If it means she shows off her legs, that's a no-brainer, she's a lifeguard.

*edit* I see now. *edit*

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:22 PM
it means she has long, beautiful, tanned legs, i bet.

Thank you.

Macette: Do you have a problem with beautiful legs?

andrewlandry
Jun 5, 2003, 11:23 PM
age 15 at a movie (Men At Work). a first date with a girl i met on the phone. we made out all day on our first date.

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:25 PM
[edit: forget it. not even worth the effort.]

So what if I like tall blondes? I'm 6'4" myself, so finding a person of (semi) equal stature is a bit hard to do.

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by andrewlandry
age 15 at a movie (Men At Work). a first date with a girl i met on the phone. we made out all day on our first date.

Isn't it cool how little details can be remembered so perfectly? I can even remember the first time I used a Mac, but that's a topic for another thread.

Macette
Jun 5, 2003, 11:30 PM
edit: this needed a quote.. it was job's one about legs.

i think that reducing women to their separate bits is a shallow, sexist style ... and boyz who do it shouldn't ever get kissed, IMHO.

(whoa... better get this moved to the political section quicksmart).

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 11:33 PM
i got 'em, sweet boy. i just think that reducing women to their separate bits is a shallow, sexist style ... and boyz who do it shouldn't ever get kissed, IMHO.

(whoa... better get this moved to the political section quicksmart). to praise one aspect of a woman's look isn't wrong. to assume that one only cares about that one thing when he praises it is plain stupid. nobody's reducing women to anything.

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:34 PM
i got 'em, sweet boy. i just think that reducing women to their separate bits is a shallow, sexist style ... and boyz who do it shouldn't ever get kissed, IMHO.

Eh, it's all good. :)

I only included the description of what she looks like because, well, it's hard to describe someone you've only known for about a week to users of an online forum. I mean, I could go in depth into her personality, but it wouldn't really go well with the whole topic of the thread. I thought a physical description would be more appropriate, given the topic of the thread. :)

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:37 PM
to praise one aspect of a woman's look isn't wrong. to assume that one only cares about that one thing when he praises it is plain stupid. nobody's reducing women to anything.

Spot on.

Hell, if someone came up to me and said "nice abs" I'd consider it a compliment.

Macette
Jun 5, 2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by job
Spot on.

Hell, if someone came up to me and said "nice abs" I'd consider it a compliment.

it was the "leggy" i was objecting to... but it's cooool.

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:40 PM

it's all good.

how about this:

"she's tall and blonde." ;) :)

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by job
it's all good.

how about this:

"she's tall and blonde." ;) :)

Oooooh, excellent use of "PC." Politically Correct that is.

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by donigian
Oooooh, excellent use of "PC." Politically Correct that is.

I think it changes the meaning just a tad, but it still works. ;) :p

shadowfax
Jun 5, 2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by job
I think it changes the meaning just a tad, but it still works. ;) :p hey job, are you tall, dark, and handsome, by any chance?

job
Jun 5, 2003, 11:58 PM
hey job, are you tall, dark, and handsome, by any chance?

There's a pic of me floating around here. ;) :p

hold on a sec...let me find the thread.

job
Jun 6, 2003, 12:02 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=101302

It's a bit low quality and I've grown a few more inches..but yeah, that's me.

I think I fit the tall and dark part. Make up your own mind about the rest. :p :D :D

rainman::|:|
Jun 6, 2003, 12:02 AM
well, i may have kissed a girl or two before i came out, societal expectations and all, but i don't count them-- So really, my first kiss... I don't remember exactly when, and i'm not going to name names, but it was electric :) i remember that much... he wasn't bad...

making out is so much fun... i should do that more often...

pnw

Macette
Jun 6, 2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel

pnw

you're dang right about that.

Wardofsky
Jun 6, 2003, 09:17 AM
I'm 14 and 1/2.
First serious kiss was this year.
First ever kiss (not serious) was in year 5.

Wardofsky
Jun 6, 2003, 09:26 AM

Another Melbournian.
(Australian Melbournian, I think)

Moxiemike
Jun 6, 2003, 10:02 AM
It's friday. And what does that mean? It means i'll be posting book long tomes when i should be working, only because i stayed out too late dancing at 80's night and i'm hungover and tired all at the same time. :)

So. First kiss. Let's seeeeeee. I remember it well. I'm a HUGE smiths fan and i was at a youth group dance. There was this girl named Angie, who was GORGEOUS there. I wanted to ask her but I was too shy. We were in 8th grade.

Anywho, my old friend chris (11th grader at the time) managed to coerce the DJ to play a slow smiths song, and he made us dance. We hung out, chatted, and before we left for the night, exchanged numbers. And out of nowhere, BLAMMO, make out session. Was so fun and innocent and Morrissey inspired. hehe.

I think the coolest, John Cusak like kiss i had was with this girl who's name is too unique to publish. But Mr. Eye knows who. :) I think he may have met her.... and he'll testify to her hotness. :D

So. I started flirting with this chick at a show. we exchanged nos. I didn;t hear from her.... and then 911 happened. So it was like, three weeks later, she emails me. We start chatting and we have lots in common, so much so that its freaky. I think that MIGHT play a reason into my hatred of my VW.... another story.

Well.... we made some plans to hang out, and she called to confirm (which i LOVED. Nothing like anal retentive people. w00t!)

So I take the call, while i'm hunting for a house. Turns out, i was hunting for a house like, a block away from where she lived. So we hang out a bit and part with a hug. The next night, we're hanging out at her place, watching a hockey game after drinking some tea.

Its getting late and I say i have a meeting and should go. We're standing on her porch and i give her a hug. She goes for a second hug and a third.

I kinda figured what was up but was feeling frisky, so i say "you sure like hugging, eh?"

Her response was "I like kissing too..."

And i come back with "Well, you've taken alllll of the spontane..... "

*KISS*

It was fairly electric and very fun and lighthearted at the same time. We kissed alot. But things just didn't work out. Shame too. We had some rocking chemistry. :)

wdlove
Jun 6, 2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
well, i may have kissed a girl or two before i came out, societal expectations and all, but i don't count them-- So really, my first kiss... I don't remember exactly when, and i'm not going to name names, but it was electric :) i remember that much... he wasn't bad...

pnw

It's hard for me to remember the details of my first kiss also! The making out part is great fun. It gets better with age! ;)

Datazoid
Jun 6, 2003, 10:18 AM
My story is pretty much the same as PEZ's. I was 14 and she was somebody who hung out with my "group" (of like 3). She ended up cycling through all the [straight] members of the group actually, so it was just natural I had to get in there at some point. I had some faux "well you are supposed to have feelings" feelings, but nothing meaningful. Like PEZ, our relationship lasted for like a week and a half, and she was on to one of my other friends the next week.

My first kiss to somebody I loved was 18, to the person I am married to....

wdlove
Jun 6, 2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Datazoid
My story is pretty much the same as PEZ's. I was 14 and she was somebody who hung out with my "group" (of like 3). She ended up cycling through all the [straight] members of the group actually, so it was just natural I had to get in there at some point. I had some faux "well you are supposed to have feelings" feelings, but nothing meaningful. Like PEZ, our relationship lasted for like a week and a half, and she was on to one of my other friends the next week.

My first kiss to somebody I loved was 18, to the person I am married to....

I think that you are very typical! How long have you been married? It's always better with the one that you truly love!

whooleytoo
Jun 6, 2003, 10:36 AM
Well, I think I have the record, first kiss at 20 (and 1/2!! ;) )

She was crazy (in a good way!), she knew I'd liked her friend for ages, so she asked her to kiss me too (which she happily did). You couldn't have wiped the smile off my face with a sledgehammer! :)

Mike.

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 10:59 AM
I knew a girl who's 27 and has never kissed a guy. She's had a few boyfriends but thinks that 'making out' as you americans call it, should be saved until your wedding day! She's sooooo hot and i was nuts about her until i found that out. Don't get me wrong, i have a lot of respect for her but relationships with conflicting morals are pretty damn difficult (plus i think my head would explode if i was going out with someone that hot but couldn't kiss her!)

Foucault
Jun 6, 2003, 11:17 AM
I was 14 years old. I met a girl named, Crystal, at the mall. After our first date where we went to see Rocky V. A week later I snuck into her house and we made out in her backyard. We watched the stars fall, we kissed a lot. She later cheated on me with some high school guy.

shadowfax
Jun 6, 2003, 12:40 PM
I knew a girl who's 27 and has never kissed a guy. She's had a few boyfriends but thinks that 'making out' as you americans call it, should be saved until your wedding day! She's sooooo hot and i was nuts about her until i found that out. Don't get me wrong, i have a lot of respect for her but relationships with conflicting morals are pretty damn difficult (plus i think my head would explode if i was going out with someone that hot but couldn't kiss her!) dang, i want one of those. most of the girls i know have just the opposite issue, and seem to think i am some sort of prude, which is really not true, but i could deal with a girl who didn't want to make out till the wedding night, methinks. especially if she was hot.

wdlove
Jun 6, 2003, 04:41 PM
Good for you Shadowfax. Sounds to me like she would be worth the wait. Do you think that the number of girls like that are increasing?

shadowfax
Jun 6, 2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Good for you Shadowfax. Sounds to me like she would be worth the wait. Do you think that the number of girls like that are increasing? hah, hardly. i don't know any quite like that.

scem0
Jun 6, 2003, 05:07 PM
When I was six I kissed my best friend, 'just to see what it felt like'.

http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/love.gif

I, quite literally, ran into a female freind of mine (not girlfriend), and I think it odd that her lips just happened to hit mine. Hmmmmm that was wierd.http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/yawn.gif

Then I kissed my girlfriend at homecoming dance http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/dance.gif http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/dance.gif http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/banana.gif http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/banana.gif - and then she promptly broke up with me.... http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/dot.gif.

Blah. http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/fist.gif

- scem0 http://www.blizzforums.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif

Wes
Jun 6, 2003, 05:39 PM
Good for you Shadowfax. Sounds to me like she would be worth the wait. Do you think that the number of girls like that are increasing?

Judging by the youth these days I would put that number VERY LOW. Way lower than 5%.

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Wes
Judging by the youth these days I would put that number VERY LOW. Way lower than 5%.

teenage pregnancy is on the rise in the uk

mymemory
Jun 6, 2003, 06:15 PM
I was 14 and it was sooooo sweet, the girl was soooo hot, she was a sort of a 14 year old Brigid Fonda, we last about a week:D

vniow
Jun 6, 2003, 06:16 PM
teenage pregnancy is on the rise in the uk

How does making out before the wedding day lead to teen pregnancy?

jadariv
Jun 6, 2003, 06:29 PM
First kiss was in the fourth grade. Inside a grain elevator with no roof (grew up in nebraska).

jadariv
Jun 6, 2003, 06:41 PM
How does making out before the wedding day lead to teen pregnancy?

Because any girl that even looks at a boy before she gets married is a whore. I thought everyone knew this. :rolleyes:

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jadariv
Because any girl that even looks at a boy before she gets married is a whore. I thought everyone knew this. :rolleyes:

hehe

anyway, no - i was stating it in response to "Do you think that the number of girls like that are increasing?"

"girls like that" = number of girls waiting until they get married before they kiss a guy

It'd be odd if the number of "girls like that" was increasing since teenage pregnancy is on the increase - do you know of anyone who's had consentual sex before kissing the guy? I think not. Just evidence to suggest that the number of girls/guys waiting 'til marriage before the make out is decreasing if anything

vniow
Jun 6, 2003, 07:07 PM
anyway, no - i was stating it in response to "Do you think that the number of girls like that are increasing?"

"girls like that" = number of girls waiting until they get married before they kiss a guy

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say here...the origional post was talking about girls that waited until marriage to make out with their partner, not have sex with them and while they're related in the fact that both acts are mostly done by couples who are in some sort of a stable relationship, making out before you get married does not automatically lead to sex and/or pregnancy so I'm still trying to figure out how increasing teen pregnancy in the UK is a result of girls (don't forget that the guys have a part in this too) not waiting to make out with their partner before marriage...

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say here...I'm still trying to figure out how increasing teen pregnancy in the UK is a result of girls (don't forget that the guys have a part in this too) not waiting to make out with their partner before marriage...

huh? To be frank, looks to me like you're trying to be difficult on this one; I couldn't *really* have made it much more obvious, but i'll give it a try, ok, better phrased:

The average age of kids getting into physical relationships (making out is physical, right?) is decreasing, so more kids are getting pregnant at younger ages since more people are getting physical, and having sex, younger. Therefore, i assume that less people are waiting until they get married until 'make out' with a guy/girl.

seems logical to me

IndyGopher
Jun 6, 2003, 07:29 PM
do you know of anyone who's had consentual sex before kissing the guy? I think not. Just evidence to suggest that the number of girls/guys waiting 'til marriage before the make out is decreasing if anything
My what a sheltered world you live in... yes, lots of people have consensual sex with people that they haven't previously kissed, or ever kissed, for that matter.. or been introduced to.. and in several cases I can think of, not even seen the face of.

To get back on topic, first kiss that meant anything was age 11, with a girl, 13, who turned out to be full of firsts, so to speak.

vniow
Jun 6, 2003, 07:32 PM
The average age of kids getting into physical relationships (making out is physical, right?) is decreasing, so more kids are getting pregnant at younger ages since more people are getting physical, and having sex, younger. Therefore, i assume that less people are waiting until they get married until 'make out' with a guy/girl.

I'm not trying to be difficult (although I can be..http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257755), I was just trying to make sense of what you're saying because I don't believe you mentioned age before which completely turns the whole point around, the way you stated it before sounded sort of like a contradiction but when you said you were talking about the age it made more sense.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251585

Cheers,

-V

macdong
Jun 6, 2003, 07:37 PM
I had my first kiss when i was 18.
she was a sweet girl, a little bit older than me (ok, 4 years is not a little...)
people always say i look and act mature, and i feel so myself, too.
so our relationship actually worked quite well.
until i decided to come to US... :rolleyes:

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by IndyGopher
My what a sheltered world you live in... yes, lots of people have consensual sex with people that they haven't previously kissed, or ever kissed, for that matter.. or been introduced to.. and in several cases I can think of, not even seen the face of.

i was referring to 'normal' relationships (whatever that means). Obviously, there are some perverse scenarios where this isn't the case, but it didn't seem appropriate to mention them.

jadariv
Jun 6, 2003, 07:44 PM
i was referring to 'normal' relationships (whatever that means). Obviously, there are some perverse scenarios where this isn't the case, but it didn't seem appropriate to mention them.

Might not be thinking this one through. I kissed my wife for the first time the same night we had sex for the first time. I don't call that perverse. We were very in love and had been together for quite awhile.

vniow
Jun 6, 2003, 07:45 PM
never mind...

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jadariv
Might not be thinking this one through. I kissed my wife for the first time the same night we had sex for the first time. I don't call that perverse. We were very in love and had been together for quite awhile.

I think IndyGopher was referring to prostitution, if he/she wasn't, then i misunderstood, BUT those were the 'perverse scenerios' i was referring to. Obviously yours isn't perverse - i respect you for it; its a great demonstration of what i percieve to be true love, and also self control!

Lets drop this one now before the "splitting hairs" syndrome really kicks in.

Hmm, run out of rizlas, my cue to hit the sack, g'nite all.

IndyGopher
Jun 6, 2003, 08:12 PM
I think IndyGopher was referring to prostitution, if he/she wasn't, then i misunderstood, BUT those were the 'perverse scenerios' i was referring to. Obviously yours isn't perverse - i respect you for it; its a great demonstration of what i percieve to be true love, and also self control!

Lets drop this one now before the "splitting hairs" syndrome really kicks in.

Hmm, run out of rizlas, my cue to hit the sack, g'nite all. Umm.. you call me a pervert, and then want to drop it. That's not generally how the game is played.. but ok.
Suffice it to say that defining everything outside your narrow range of "normal" as being "perverse" is a little bit on the naive side. Not much room for grey there, Mr. Vanilla.

beez7777
Jun 7, 2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by IndyGopher
Umm.. you call me a pervert, and then want to drop it. That's not generally how the game is played.. but ok.
Suffice it to say that defining everything outside your narrow range of "normal" as being "perverse" is a little bit on the naive side. Not much room for grey there, Mr. Vanilla.

i think he was calling the scenerios where prostitution is the case perverse, not you.

anyway, first kiss was in 8th grade, with a girl i'd been dating for about half a year.

King Cobra
Jun 7, 2003, 03:45 PM
Time out! Right here is where this thread began to roll downhill:

>"girls like that" = number of girls waiting until they get married before they kiss a guy

>It'd be odd if the number of "girls like that" was increasing since teenage pregnancy is on the increase - do you know of anyone who's had consentual sex before kissing the guy? I think not. Just evidence to suggest that the number of girls/guys waiting 'til marriage before the make out is decreasing if anything (mrjamin)

[BUZZER!] Wrong answer.

Also, some people are using relative experiences to be too literal with replies to this thread. I recommend those of you, who know who you are, lighten up.

As for contributors to this thread, continue to inspire us with your stories. :cool:

big
Jun 7, 2003, 05:07 PM
ok, here's mine....

My parents & my best friend's parents went to high school & college together. They each wound up having children (obvious), one was myself, the other a pretty girl called Carol.

I met her the night before her 3rd birthday party, and kissed her when I was four.

she was always a great friend groing up, and I would say, that even to today (as my wife) she is still my best friend.

we have a picture of us hugging on the fireplace (age 4) and one of us just married, both placed side by side on our mantel

MrMacMan
Jun 7, 2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by big
ok, here's mine....

My parents & my best friend's parents went to high school & college together. They each wound up having children (obvious), one was myself, the other a pretty girl called Carol.

I met her the night before her 3rd birthday party, and kissed her when I was four.

she was always a great friend groing up, and I would say, that even to today (as my wife) she is still my best friend.

we have a picture of us hugging on the fireplace (age 4) and one of us just married, both placed side by side on our mantel

Awwwwwwww. :)

wdlove
Jun 7, 2003, 08:30 PM
big, I'm sure that both of your parents are very proud! Could you post the picture of you hugging at age four? ;)

big
Jun 7, 2003, 09:41 PM
at 4 years & 19 years

I should have made the images larger me thinks

http://sherroddrawings.com/images/family/vault/mikeandcarol.gif

shadowfax
Jun 7, 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by big
at 4 years & 19 years

I should have made the images larger me thinks

http://sherroddrawings.com/images/family/vault/mikeandcarol.gif with a photo printer and the help of photoshop's "autocolor" plus some manual color adjustment, you could make that old photo of you two lovebirds look brand spanking new. but you may prefer the old effect, for sentimental or other reasons. just a pointer. i can fix it up for you if you like, or just about anyone else with photoshop.

big
Jun 7, 2003, 10:14 PM
that would ROCK!

I have the original scan (its nearly 15 mgs as of now) and of what I had done was messing with it in iPhoto, though it seems a little primative, so I haven't done anything with it sonce that one try.

what a great gift for the old Ball and cha...errrr, my wife, huh?

jefhatfield
Jun 9, 2003, 11:20 PM

it's not too late!!!

i had my first kiss while in college at age 18, and at the time i thought i was so old...he he...add to the fact that i had already been in my third year at that school and i hadn't met anyone at all and there were cute girls everywhere...sure, most older than me, but still getting that first kiss was like trying to win the stanley cup (congrats NJ)

she was 16 and i had known her just three days...on the first day she gave me her picture and said, "you can show this to people and tell them that's your girlfriend in college";)

big
Jun 9, 2003, 11:33 PM
WOW! I dont think I have ever gone 3 months without a girlfriend since 3rd grade.

iJon
Jun 10, 2003, 12:12 AM
15 for me, and since we have been goin out for 2 years ive gotten really good at it (well i guess i really dont konw unless i kiss someone else, lol). hell at 15 i thought i was old. now a days going to high school some people feel old if they havent had sex, pretty sad the way its become.

iJon

Zaid
Jun 10, 2003, 07:24 AM
First real kiss was at 18, with my first bf.

(i'd kissed a girl before that (17) but since i was only keep up the pretence of the str8 boy, so I don't consider it my 'first kiss')

Stelliform
Jun 10, 2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Zaid
First real kiss was at 18, with my first bf.

(i'd kissed a girl before that (17) but since i was only keep up the pretence of the str8 boy, so I don't consider it my 'first kiss')

Heh, sounds like why I first kissed... My friend was sure that I was gay, I am just sure he is a homophobe... :D

mj_1903
Jun 10, 2003, 08:24 AM
First kiss at 13. Can't really remember it unfortunately. Best kiss at 15.

This stretch now (almost 6 months) is the longest stretch I have gone without a girlfriend since being 13. Well...if you say that someone is not your girlfriend if you promised to invite them out the next time you see them but they live in Chicago when I live in Utah.

Turning 19 soon myself and have been engaged and that was a bit rough. Hence my move from Australia to America. I think though this gal may be the woman of my dreams...bout time anyways.

mrjamin
Jun 10, 2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by mj_1903
Turning 19 soon myself and have been engaged and that was a bit rough. Hence my move from Australia to America. I think though this gal may be the woman of my dreams...bout time anyways.

"bout time"? You're 19!

Anyway hope it works out for you.

wdlove
Jun 10, 2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by big
WOW! I dont think I have ever gone 3 months without a girlfriend since 3rd grade.

Wow what a record. You sound like a real romantic kind of guy!

big
Jun 10, 2003, 09:05 PM
and what's wdlove mean, or all about?

I am a hoeless romantic, just too tired and busy and married to make more of an effort than I should.

I love my wife, and have a date tomorrow night, any ideas?

zed
Jun 10, 2003, 11:20 PM
my first kiss was with a girl that a later nicknamed the "hose pipe"..... you do the math :eek:

topicolo
Jun 10, 2003, 11:43 PM
Wow damn are we mac users deprived or something, someone needs to start a dating service. :eek: (half kidding)

Damn the going age is liek 18 for first kiss...

I hope it isn't with MacRumors people. Judging from those old "Macrumors girls" threads, there are only like 20 women in this entire forum. The dating service won't be too great, unless you're into the guy-dating-guy thing. ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by zed
my first kiss was with a girl that a later nicknamed the "hose pipe"..... you do the math :eek:

hmm...u will have to tell me about that one some time... :eek: ;)

Snowy_River
Jun 11, 2003, 12:50 AM
Hmm... First kiss... I remember it well...

I was 16. It was the summer after my sophomore year in High School. I was at a dance with a girl that I was head over heals in love with. We went outside for some fresh air and sat under a tree... She turned to me and we kissed...

Wow, I'm surprised how well I remember that... Oh, to put a cap on that story, I married her five years later.

Snowy_River
Jun 11, 2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by evoluzione
...lower school...
...middle school...
...upper school...

Okay, I have to ask, where did you go to school? I only know of one school that refers to the branches this way, and I'm curious if you went there, or if there are more schools that do...

Snowy_River
Jun 11, 2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by big
...I am a hoeless romantic...

Now there's a Freudian slip typo for you! :p

I love my wife, and have a date tomorrow night, any ideas?

Flowers. Definitely. I think they are just a wonderful little token of affection...

Royal Pineapple
Jun 11, 2003, 03:07 AM
i thought i was kinda late but i guess not
i was 14 and she was 17
her name was annie, a beautiful, redhead.
our relationship didnt last too long, but our friendship did. i still talk to her evryday 3 years later.

Huked on Fonick
Jun 11, 2003, 03:10 AM
I never been kissed, well does royal count?

Edit I read earler post and decided to take out what i had before, sorry my bad, later post tells about first kiss, sorry again my bad.I really need to find some money and pay so i can delete posts.......

Royal Pineapple
Jun 11, 2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Huked on Fonick
I never been kissed, sad isent it and i am 17..... well does royal count?
Ive never kissed yo.........oh yea
umm, err
nevermind :D:)

Huked on Fonick
Jun 11, 2003, 03:17 AM
Royal.........That time at Mac Camp when me you and kate had the 3 somesome and she stuck the keyboard(to be contunued). HOW COULD YOU NOT REMEMBER???, oh i forgot you wernt there, it was just a 2some. Jen was the 3 some right?

disclaimer: everything above this disclaimer is just a JOKE, yea a J-O-K-E so please no one get bent outa shape.

Serousness starts here,
The girl who was my first kiss i dont remember because it was a very long time ago like 3rd grade or something. The girl who i consider my first real kiss i also lost my virginity to, i prefer not to say her name(just a thing i have), we dont talk and havent in many years(more than 3 i think)so i was like 13 i guess...oh well life goes on, and on, and on, and then you die....sometimes wish i could go back, but its been a fun ride since then....

I think Greenday does a nice job of summing it up it up in there song "Time of your Life "

"
(****)
Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life!!
"

Oh yea and i can vouch for what royal says about annie, she was decent looking to say the least:) :D <-- that means good

RandomDeadHead
Jun 11, 2003, 04:16 AM
My first kiss happened when I was 16, the girl Leia, had just cought her boy friend cheating on her, so she decided to do some cheating herself. It lasted for a week before she cheated on me with my older brother.:( It doesnt bother me now though, sence they have been maried for almost 12 years.

3 years later I went to a Dead show with my brother and his girlfriend. To my delight Leia's younger sister Victoria was tagging along to go to her first Dead show. Four days earler I had recieved some killer west coast blotter from a dear friend of mine. We arived at the venue sevral hours before the show, and me and Vic were walking around the parking lot just talking, and I (ever-so-cordially) asked her if she had ever tried acid. She said no, but she would like too.

15 minutes before the gates opened we fed each other sevral hits of the blotter I had. (two people dosing each other is a very spiritual experience not to be taken lightly) We began to peak right before drums. Sometime during space I noticed that she was staring at me, I couldnt help but to stare right back at her. We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. I dont remember much after that. Vic remembers us leaving the show to go explore the parking lot. After the show, Leia went to put her stuff in the back of my brothers volvo, and found us in the trunk, dressed in each others clothes. We know that we did not have sex, because we were both virgins, and still were the first time we had sex.

I dont remember anything about the ride home. The next thing I do rember is wakeing up to a ringing phone the next morning. It was Vic calling to tell me that she was coming over to talk about the night before. What she told me when she arived changed my life forever. She gave me a 15 minute dissertation on why were ment to be togather and then she asked me to marry her. What a wonderful thing it is to have a beautiful 17 year old girl in your bedroom asking you to marry her!

Five years, and 60 some Dead shows later, we were married in the parking lot of Meadowlands Arena, 12 years after that we had our son.

Still to this day she likes to stare at me, and I her.
Sometime the most romantic thing a couple can do is just stare!

:)

jefhatfield
Jun 11, 2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Snowy_River
Okay, I have to ask, where did you go to school? I only know of one school that refers to the branches this way, and I'm curious if you went there, or if there are more schools that do...

i never heard of an upper school, but the elementary school i used to go to was purchased by a private school who then called it a lower school

i didn't go to a junior high school, but to a middle school which was grades 6-8

hvfsl
Jun 11, 2003, 04:43 AM
For all those who are yet to meet anyone I thought I would point out a few examples.

John Carmack (head of ID software) didn't meet his first girl friend until 23 and he has now married her.

Linus the inventer of Linux meet his first girl friend at the same age and he also married her.

It is not important when you meet your first love or how many partners you have, but that at some point you do. There was one women that I knew that did not meet someone until her 30s. People have to remember that one hundred years ago middle class people would not meet their first love until their early to mid twenties.

jefhatfield
Jun 11, 2003, 04:58 AM
and people seem to be marrying later now than just a generation ago

and also having kids later...some having their first in their 40s or later and lending the possibilty of a nation with newly minted high school graduates with old or even deceased parents

kinda strange

jefhatfield
Jun 11, 2003, 05:10 AM
...what i mean is it is scary that there may be young adults left on their own after high school without living parents

where lifespan has only increased by a few years, from over 66 years of age for a man in the us in 1960 to about 70 1/2 years of age in 2000, the average age of marriage and having children has greatly increased

if this trend of late marriage and child raising continues and the average life expectancy does not keep up, then most children will not know what it is to have living grandparents

my grandfather was 44 when my dad was born and i was born when my dad was 36 so i only got to see my grandfather alive until i was 5 years old

i am 39 and childless and my father is now 76 and more and more, this is the trend of what i am seeing all around me

man, did i get off topic...from kissing to geriatrics:p

mmmdreg
Jun 11, 2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Foxer
That's a pretty unique story ;) :P

Moxiemike
Jun 11, 2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
...what i mean is it is scary that there may be young adults left on their own after high school without living parents

where lifespan has only increased by a few years, from over 66 years of age for a man in the us in 1960 to about 70 1/2 years of age in 2000, the average age of marriage and having children has greatly increased

if this trend of late marriage and child raising continues and the average life expectancy does not keep up, then most children will not know what it is to have living grandparents

my grandfather was 44 when my dad was born and i was born when my dad was 36 so i only got to see my grandfather alive until i was 5 years old

i am 39 and childless and my father is now 76 and more and more, this is the trend of what i am seeing all around me

man, did i get off topic...from kissing to geriatrics:p

But still man... very interesting thought. I was thinking about how, relatively, i'm "old," being umarried, single as hell, etc at age 26.

In the 50's i might be considered a spinster! ;) Just seemed like a different time. BUt I realize, Christ, I'm 26. And if i have a kid at 35, when they're 25 i'll be 60 which gives me until THEY'RE 35 if i live to life expectency. (which i should, since i smoke, I should live to be about 95-100 ;) ;) )

It's odd to think about the numbers and such. I know a lot of people in WesternPA who married at 21 and have kids now and are on their way to bitter divorces.... i dunno. Maybe the whole maturity level needs to go up considering the world we live in now, and the whole "start a family in your mid-twenties" deal is a thing of the past.

Of course, the trend might swing back. Who knows. BUt I definitely think it's an environmental thing fo' sho'.

My sister, 35, just had her first kid a few months ago. So..... I dunno. :)

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Moxiemike

heh...my dad was 46 when I was born...

go figure...

jayscheuerle
Jun 11, 2003, 11:05 AM
It's odd to think about the numbers and such. I know a lot of people in WesternPA who married at 21 and have kids now and are on their way to bitter divorces.... i dunno. Maybe the whole maturity level needs to go up considering the world we live in now, and the whole "start a family in your mid-twenties" deal is a thing of the past.

Of course, the trend might swing back. Who knows. BUt I definitely think it's an environmental thing fo' sho'.

The best time to physically have kids is when you're a teen or early twenties as the body springs back better. We can't change that. The age of starting families is assuredly a product of the times as is the divorce rates. Don't think that the two aren't related.

I was married at 29 (9 years ago!) and my daughter is now 6. Raising a kid can be both mentally and physically strenuous. I'm better able to handle the mental part having waited a while, but she's going to physically wear me out in another 10 years...

People often say that they're "not ready" for either marriage or children. Nobody's ever ready, you just rise to the occasion. Success with either depends on selflessness, thinking about the "we" instead of the "me". I believe the "me" decades have been a social failure (though great for the economy) and there has been a marked increase in people putting their families in front of their careers in the past 5 years.

Was that off topic? :)

First kiss? The first one that I'm sure of was down in Oak Cliff, Texas with Lisa D., my soccer coaches daughter when I was in 4th grade ('73). We also stuck our hands down each other's pants while in a parking garage stairwell, but didn't really know what to do from there- we just knew it was wrong and we could get in trouble for doing it.

- j

Moxiemike
Jun 11, 2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jayscheuerle
The best time to physically have kids is when you're a teen or early twenties as the body springs back better. We can't change that. The age of starting families is assuredly a product of the times as is the divorce rates. Don't think that the two aren't related.

I was married at 29 (9 years ago!) and my daughter is now 6. Raising a kid can be both mentally and physically strenuous. I'm better able to handle the mental part having waited a while, but she's going to physically wear me out in another 10 years...

People often say that they're "not ready" for either marriage or children. Nobody's ever ready, you just rise to the occasion. Success with either depends on selflessness, thinking about the "we" instead of the "me". I believe the "me" decades have been a social failure (though great for the economy) and there has been a marked increase in people putting their families in front of their careers in the past 5 years.

Was that off topic? :)

First kiss? The first one that I'm sure of was down in Oak Cliff, Texas with Lisa D., my soccer coaches daughter when I was in 4th grade ('73). We also stuck our hands down each other's pants while in a parking garage stairwell, but didn't really know what to do from there- we just knew it was wrong and we could get in trouble for doing it.

- j

you bring up some great points. And i totally agree with the whole "rising to the occassion" deal. I think it's pertinent in every point in life-- I got phased otu of a job and turned it into an opportunity to go on my own. was I ready experience wise? No. But did i have the "moxie" to do it? Yepper.

So yea. Now my energy is a little more focused and i have two years under my belt, and i'm starting to thrive a bit more.

You can always find reasons NOT to do something. The true winners ignore those reasons and search for more reasons to do things. :D

jayscheuerle
Jun 11, 2003, 11:35 AM
I got phased otu of a job and turned it into an opportunity to go on my own. was I ready experience wise? No. But did i have the "moxie" to do it? Yepper.

So yea. Now my energy is a little more focused and i have two years under my belt, and i'm starting to thrive a bit more.

Doin' the freelance thing? More power to ya! I tried that for a bit & wasn't enamoured with the business end of it and I'm lucky enough to have found a great A.D. job out here on the opposite end of Kentucky (what's between Pittsburg and Philadelphia). - j

Moxiemike
Jun 11, 2003, 11:44 AM
Doin' the freelance thing? More power to ya! I tried that for a bit & wasn't enamoured with the business end of it and I'm lucky enough to have found a great A.D. job out here on the opposite end of Kentucky (what's between Pittsburg and Philadelphia). - j

Pennsyltucky, eh? ;) Yea. It's nice. I do hate the administrative end but i share an office with my entrepeneur/dad who helps out alot

It's nice. And i';m trying now to grow it and get some employees. :D

jayscheuerle
Jun 11, 2003, 02:24 PM

Nice long legs. A physical attribute. The most honest kind of hard-wired response, free of social manipulations. Some people like short legs. Let's not forget about boobies, buts and bellies! Judge someone solely on their physicality? You bet! Whether I want to or not, I've got a mid-level reminder as to whether I find someone attractive or not. Personality and brains? Sure, they're a part, but they don't work from across the room. Being "hot" is a plus, though some hotties may claim it's a burden (like they'd trade it!). At least that's the prevailing wisdom of aging millionaires and rock stars. Physical attractiveness seems to be as important in the selection of a female mate as money or power do in the choice of a male. Who's more shallow?

There's nothing wrong with judging someone soley on physical attributes. It's natural and has grounds in the fact that attractive people tend to be more healthy than unattractive people (good bone structure, all their teeth, good skin and muscle tone). It's just not politically correct, which is a euphemism for adjusting opinions (actually oppressing them) to fit the prevailing wisdom of the day.

Of course, the hardwired stuff didn't factor in the fact that people would be living together for 40 years or so, so I picked my wife based on her sense of fun and humor, not on her short, but shapely, legs.

Come on! Lay it on me!! :D

- j

Angelus
Jun 11, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well i'm 19 and have yet to find myself a girlfriend.This also means that i've yet to kiss anyone in a romantic scenario.

shadowfax
Jun 11, 2003, 03:56 PM
Nice long legs. A physical attribute. The most honest kind of hard-wired response, free of social manipulations. Some people like short legs. Let's not forget about boobies, buts and bellies! Judge someone solely on their physicality? You bet! Whether I want to or not, I've got a mid-level reminder as to whether I find someone attractive or not. Personality and brains? Sure, they're a part, but they don't work from across the room. Being "hot" is a plus, though some hotties may claim it's a burden (like they'd trade it!). At least that's the prevailing wisdom of aging millionaires and rock stars. Physical attractiveness seems to be as important in the selection of a female mate as money or power do in the choice of a male. Who's more shallow?

There's nothing wrong with judging someone soley on physical attributes. It's natural and has grounds in the fact that attractive people tend to be more healthy than unattractive people (good bone structure, all their teeth, good skin and muscle tone). It's just not politically correct, which is a euphemism for adjusting opinions (actually oppressing them) to fit the prevailing wisdom of the day.

Of course, the hardwired stuff didn't factor in the fact that people would be living together for 40 years or so, so I picked my wife based on her sense of fun and humor, not on her short, but shapely, legs.

Come on! Lay it on me!! :D

- j well, i would say there is nothing wrong with judging someone's looks, and to some extent judging the person based on looks, but you have to keep in mind that that only goes so far. so, judging a model based on looks: good call. judging that chick you met at the bar based on looks only: whatever man. judging your serious girlfriend based on looks alone: you're a pri*ck, you stupid schmuck!

so i guess i agree with you, though your comments are schizophrenic. i mean first you say there is nothing wrong with doing so, and then you find an instance where there is indeed something very wrong with doing so. so you've contradicted yourself at some level at least. but i know what you mean, and i agree.

jayscheuerle
Jun 11, 2003, 04:15 PM
well, i would say there is nothing wrong with judging someone's looks, and to some extent judging the person based on looks, but you have to keep in mind that that only goes so far. so, judging a model based on looks: good call. judging that chick you met at the bar based on looks only: whatever man. judging your serious girlfriend based on looks alone: you're a pri*ck, you stupid schmuck!

so i guess i agree with you, though your comments are schizophrenic. i mean first you say there is nothing wrong with doing so, and then you find an instance where there is indeed something very wrong with doing so. so you've contradicted yourself at some level at least. but i know what you mean, and i agree.

No contradictions here!

I never said anything about judging on looks alone. It's just a valid element of the equation, but it's also an element that's pure and animalistic, hormonal driven. There's nothing inherently wrong with judging on looks alone, it's just not smart if you want to be together for more than a night. So often people (usually women) are offended by the thought of being summed up based on their physicality because they don't see it as a true representation of what they are about. That's bull. You can no more take credit for your brains than you can the way you look. It's all been passed down. You can massage either one a bit, but in either case you're limited by what you have to start with. The hot looking babe who nabs the millionaire (or anyone) because of her looks alone is making good use of her assets.. Only a jealous, and probably brainy, dog would hold that against her. We all have our positive attributes. Make the most of what you have. - j

Angelus
Jun 11, 2003, 04:28 PM
Its quite natural to judge people by their looks. From a more primal point of view,animals have a natural tendency to mate and reproduce thus transferring their genetic info to the next generation.
Humans have this primal instinct too and so are attracted to the pretty,strong etc. If it were a case of just reproduction then every1 would probably choose the best mate,sleep with them and then be on their merry way. Humans however also interact on an intellectual level as well as a physical one. So while we may be physically attracted to people we also look for how they make us feel when one one is with them.Do they share similar interests etc?
There's nothing wrong with basing a relationship on appearances but when the looks fade will whats left be enough to keep you interested. For me the answer is a resounding no.

wdlove
Jun 11, 2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Angelus
Well i'm 19 and have yet to find myself a girlfriend.This also means that i've yet to kiss anyone in a romantic scenario.

No reason to be concerned. You are still young and have plenty of time. I didn't have real romance till I met my wife at 24 years old!

mrjamin
Jun 11, 2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Snowy_River

In my schooling system (uk, south coast) we have:

primary school/first school (kindergarten?) from 4-5
first school from 5-8
middle school 8-12
high school 12-16
college/6th form - 16-18

...then uni

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2003, 07:45 PM
7th grade was first kiss... twas a peck... and not terribly memorable. i mean, the whole situation really.

first kiss with current girlfriend (only girlfriend since that first 7th grade one) was awesome...

we were watching nba playoffs or snl or something kinda late. both sitting/lying in my bed. at some point she leaned in and kissed me... this comes at a time when, yes, i had been getting some vibes... but i was still pretty negative about my chances with girls.. .much less an awesome one like her.

anyhoo, 3 years + later and things are going strong.

i just wish she were a bit more leggy.

hah!

iJon
Jun 11, 2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
7th grade was first kiss... twas a peck... and not terribly memorable. i mean, the whole situation really.

first kiss with current girlfriend (only girlfriend since that first 7th grade one) was awesome...

we were watching nba playoffs or snl or something kinda late. both sitting/lying in my bed. at some point she leaned in and kissed me... this comes at a time when, yes, i had been getting some vibes... but i was still pretty negative about my chances with girls.. .much less an awesome one like her.

anyhoo, 3 years + later and things are going strong.

i just wish she were a bit more leggy.

hah!
congrats, most of my friends have a hard time keeping a relationship as long as that, which really doesnt matter because they dont want a relationship that long, mainly its about getting as much ass as you can, me its different.

iJon

GeeYouEye
Jun 11, 2003, 08:42 PM
First meaningless one - I was probably 3 or 4, at preschool. Don't remember a thing about it.

First meaningless one I remember - 7th or 8th grade, a peck on the cheek during truth or dare.

First to a girlfriend - I was 16, M (no more than first initial) was 15. Last day of summer camp, since we knew we probably wouldn't see each other for another year (she lives a couple hundred miles south of here).

First making out - same person, just under a month and a half later - went down to LA to visit relatives, and since we had a few hours free, we went and saw a movie, K-19 The Widowmaker, I think. That movie had some seriously gross scenes in it (radiation burns, etc.) so we made out during those. She broke up with me late September... couldn't deal with the distance. Fortunately, we're still really good friends and talk almost every day thanks to AIM.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by iJon
congrats, most of my friends have a hard time keeping a relationship as long as that, which really doesnt matter because they dont want a relationship that long, mainly its about getting as much ass as you can, me its different.

good on ya. most people are dumb. cool to see that some folks are sticking to their guns...

iJon
Jun 11, 2003, 09:04 PM
good on ya. most people are dumb. cool to see that some folks are sticking to their guns...
yeah me and my girl have been going out for about 2 years. we will probably seperate before college to see what else is out there. even if it does hurt us both, its probably better to try somethign new.

iJon

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2003, 09:17 PM
yeah, that's a bold step... i guess it's basically up to what you can expect from the relationship. i agree that there's something to be said to "seeing what's out there" but i also feel like when it's right you know it, and there should be no need to "test the waters"...

who knows, maybe both of you will end up realizing that it was right from the getgo, after seeing what other garbage folks are out there. ;)

iJon
Jun 11, 2003, 09:34 PM
yeah, that's a bold step... i guess it's basically up to what you can expect from the relationship. i agree that there's something to be said to "seeing what's out there" but i also feel like when it's right you know it, and there should be no need to "test the waters"...

who knows, maybe both of you will end up realizing that it was right from the getgo, after seeing what other garbage folks are out there. ;)
yeah exactly, thats why we havent made any decisions besides "we will take it day by day" and basically see where it goes.

iJon

iHambone
Jun 11, 2003, 09:38 PM
First kiss at 13 with a girl at Homecoming. We were waiting for our table at Red Lobster. I was a high roller.

She needed a bib for all of the mess I was creating. Looking back, I feel sorry for her. I had know idea what the heck to do.

Bleach!

Nice girl.

22 years ago.

lmalave
Jun 11, 2003, 09:40 PM
First meaningless kiss: when I was 7 or 8 these two slightly older neighbor girls would chase my brother and I, rassle us to the ground, and shower us with kisses. Man, I wish women were as frisky with me nowadays ;)

First real kiss was when I was 16 (she was 17 - what is it with me and older girls?). The kiss was fantastic but somewhat anticlimactic. We were both so nervous with anticipation, so the part I remember most is just moments before, when I put my arms around her and felt the release of tension as she melted into me. Mmmm...I remember it like it was yesterday :)

question fear
Jun 11, 2003, 09:51 PM
First kiss-17yrs old, in a room full of people at a youth group retreat thingy. There were like 6 boys and the girl and myself...and she just leaped across the bunk beds at me. Rather frightful.
Anyhow, yea. And I am proud to say I made it through 17 yrs of everyone assuming heterosexuality upon me and i never kissed no boyz.
Oddly enough, I often get mistaken for one now though. I wonder if that takes away from or augments my triumph?
Also, to those who are worried or sad about their lack of a first kiss. relax. it will come and when it does oyu will be pleased. or not. but your romantic lives are young. Soon you will be barely legal and baiting older people for drinks in clubs.....
wait, maybe that was only my college years.
Anyhow. night all.
--carly
(who really is a grrl. I swear. Don't listen to the men on the street.)

Sweetfeld28
Jun 11, 2003, 10:23 PM
my first kiss was with my best friend of eight or so years at the time. We kissed in her bedroom, while she was supposedly sick (skipped school). I was 18 she was 16.

Note to Self: It's not wise to date 'friends'.:(

iJon
Jun 11, 2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetfeld28
my first kiss was with my best friend of eight or so years at the time. We kissed in her bedroom, while she was supposedly sick (skipped school). I was 18 she was 16.

Note to Self: It's not wise to date 'friends'.:(
was it because you were a brother to her,lol

iJon

zed
Jun 11, 2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
hmm...u will have to tell me about that one some time... :eek: ;)

haha... if you really want to know... it's actually kind of a weird up story, remind me... ill fill you in. ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by zed
haha... if you really want to know... it's actually kind of a weird up story, remind me... ill fill you in. ;)

heh...remind me to tell u about the time I had an entire conversation with 2 people...all inside of my own head... :eek:

macdong
Jun 11, 2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by lmalave
First real kiss was when I was 16 (she was 17 - what is it with me and older girls?).

my first girlfriend was 2 months older than me.
the second was half an year older.
the third one..... hehe..... 4 years older :P
talk about old girl friends :D

zed
Jun 12, 2003, 12:48 PM
heh...remind me to tell u about the time I had an entire conversation with 2 people...all inside of my own head... :eek:

One of those two wasnt a participate in your first kiss, i hope ;)

wdlove
Jun 12, 2003, 02:57 PM

I always knew that you were real talented. You just keep revealing new aspects of that talent!

sjjordan
Jun 12, 2003, 04:02 PM
I'm three and a half, and I've had 7 girlfriends. Kissed them all by the lego set

Huked on Fonick
Jun 13, 2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by sjjordan
I'm three and a half, and I've had 7 girlfriends. Kissed them all by the lego set

You da Pimp, by 5 you will be banging them next to the hot wheels track...

ibookin'
Jun 14, 2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by sjjordan

Legos are some of my favorite toys... for a completely different reason.

Like Huked on Fonick said, you da pimp.

Just one question: Were the legos platinum?

Huked on Fonick
Jun 14, 2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by ibookin'

Just one question: Were the legos platinum?

Me Grill is Platinum, all the better for kissen da Ladies With.......

wdlove
Jun 14, 2003, 01:18 PM
Me Grill is Platinum, all the better for kissen da Ladies With.......

If the lady your kissing also has platinum, you could end up connected in more ways than one! :p

Huked on Fonick
Jun 14, 2003, 11:36 PM
If the lady your kissing also has platinum, you could end up connected in more ways than one! :p

I am not talking about brases, i am talkin about a platnium grill....(Fake Platnium Teeth) or a Platnium mouthgard like thing. so no we wouldent be attached

wdlove
Jun 15, 2003, 02:39 PM
I am not talking about brases, i am talkin about a platnium grill....(Fake Platnium Teeth) or a Platnium mouthgard like thing. so no we wouldent be attached

Do you have any pictures of this "platnium grill" or a link? Just can't picture!

Huked on Fonick
Jun 15, 2003, 07:13 PM
Here u go WDLOVE

http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/pullouts/images/newpull11.JPG

check out Check this out, GanstaGold (http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/gangstagold/gold_grills_fronts_pullouts_removable_teeth.html)

Royal Pineapple
Jun 15, 2003, 07:15 PM
Here u go WDLOVE

http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/pullouts/images/newpull11.JPG
thats not you, this is.
http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/gangstagold/images/pullchica.jpg
:D:)

shadowfax
Jun 15, 2003, 07:18 PM
jeez, that is so utterly disgusting i just vomited and crapped my pants. sounds like it's time to take a trip to the poop thread.

don't you people ever stop and beat yourselves over the head before you do think about posting that sort of thing?