PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 Fan Noise. Please Help!

matthemercyless
Mar 14, 2007, 04:58 PM
I had the fans and HDD replaced in my 1.67Ghz PB G4 in January, but I think the fan noise is getting too loud again, plus the HDD randomly squeaks and squeals. The problem with the random squealing is that I can never start the camera on my phone quick enough to record it, and it is COMPLETELY random!

Does anyone know what the normal operating noise is for my laptop, or where I can find this out from?

The normal fan noise is OK, but when the processor is under full load and the fans kick in to full speed, it sounds like the vacuum cleaner is on in the room. Should I take it back to the shop? It was 'repaired' roughly 2months ago.

HELP!

deadpixels
Mar 15, 2007, 01:19 AM
yes, you should take it back for repair, i owned a alubook 1.25, same machine as yours, execpt slower. the hd was just a faint noise, no squealing or others and i could hear the fans sometimes but not as nad as you're describing yours. maybe you could try to put your original disk and run the hardware test to see if something come up.sometime in the beginning of the hardware test, your both fans should go full speed.