Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Is this what it's supposed to look like? If so, I'm sorry but that looks really bad. I wouldn't download that for free, let alone pay for it.

Attachments

• x.png
    x.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 73

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
You're really talented for your age, but...
The menu is screwed up, the colors are kind of simple, and the whole thing feels a little smashed.
There's nothing in the theme that most people couldn't do themselves or get something similar for free.

It's a great start but you should consider polishing your skills before charging people.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
:(
I know the menu is f*cked up but c'mon. I am only 13. how bout some constructive criticism
BTW: some of the money goes to a good cause.

Hey I understand, but that doesn't change my opinion. Menus are pretty important, and you can't expect to sell a layout that doesn't have a working navigation system. Don't get discouraged, just make something better. Try to be a little more creative, rather than just using a couple blue gradients. And make sure your coding is solid, and flexible so things like a few menu items don't break it.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Maybe some advice?...

Don't charge for anything until you're 18, or at least are able to really compete with the big dogs. If anyone buys something at this quality, they likely haven't shopped around.

But praise can be due... when I was 13, I stopped doing icon design and system mods with Mac OS (v6 or so) and it set me back... my point is, you've got to start somewhere and wherever you (meaning anyone) start, you can't expect to be amazing or professional. It will take time and practice. So congrats on getting into web design. Now just stick with it and keep getting better.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
there. i fixed the menu. it should work now. BTW: did i mention it has dropdown menus?

Mate, like every one has said. Focus on having fun with this, give it out for free and yeah enjoy yourself. When your talents increase and your older you can then start a business, which I have no doubt will be big :)

tominated

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Mate, like every one has said. Focus on having fun with this, give it out for free and yeah enjoy yourself. When your talents increase and your older you can then start a business, which I have no doubt will be big :)

yeah, but I need the money... for a wii and iPhone:D I also want to donate some money to all the charities that helped me beat cancer. I would like to be able to end up repaying the make a wish foundation for my imac:eek:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
yeah, but I need the money... for a wii and iPhone:D I also want to donate some money to all the charities that helped me beat cancer. I would like to be able to end up repaying the make a wish foundation for my imac:eek:

That's great and all. I really do admire that attitude. But . . . maybe now is not the time. You'll get more help and feedback from users here and elsewhere if you offer the theme for free. I'll be honest, there is no way I'm going to pay for a theme for a program I don't use just to give you feedback. I'd be more than willing to download the trial version of RapidWeaver and give you my opinion if I didn't have to pay anything. I'm sure many others feel the same way. In a 1 to 2 years you'll be making kick-ass themes and you can then sell them. I really believe that your current strategy is completely wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.