PDA

View Full Version : G3 iBook screen flickering...

Nukemkb
Mar 15, 2007, 09:37 AM
...as the color green becomes dominant. The background on the browser is a faded greenish color, and the desktop image is degraded. Got some dandy streaks too! Searches say maybe logic board, but the guy I bought it from said it had a new logic board installed. Cables was a thought, but rotating iBook does not effect changes. I've shut it down for the moment, but am anxious to pinpoint the problem? Any suggestions? TIA

nazmac21
Mar 15, 2007, 03:25 PM
That new logic board could be faulty too. 2nd Generation iBook G3s had the most problems of any Apple computer and Apple learned their mistakes and fixed them with the iBook G4. Call Apple but before you do, try to reset the PRAM and PMU.

mattscott306
Mar 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
Helpful thread (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=838548&tstart=0) and whatnot.

munckee
Mar 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
We have an iBook G3 in the family that's on its 6th(?) logic board and in need of a new one. They have the handy replacement policy, but they don't seem to replace it with anything better than the original. Kind of a mixed blessing.

nazmac21
Mar 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
We have an iBook G3 in the family that's on its 6th(?) logic board and in need of a new one. They have the handy replacement policy, but they don't seem to replace it with anything better than the original. Kind of a mixed blessing.

This goes to say that the iBook G3 were the most problematic computers made by Apple.

Nukemkb
Mar 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks to all - much appreciated. Consensus is logic board... sigh! Coincidentally, I had just installed latest update just an hour or so before screen went flaky. But screen acting up afterwards is surely truly a coincidence.