Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
Hey all

My phase one 4x5 digital back is going out....:(

It's a long shot but does anyone know of a place (online - I know a lot of people say brick and mortar but phase ones are pricey!) or a place like a brick and mortar that has used 4x5 Digital backs?

Thanks for any help.

~Crawn

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Hey all

My phase one 4x5 digital back is going out....:(

It's a long shot but does anyone know of a place (online - I know a lot of people say brick and mortar but phase ones are pricey!) or a place like a brick and mortar that has used 4x5 Digital backs?

Thanks for any help.

~Crawn

There used to be a good LF place in Santa Barbara who's name escapes me at the moment, Calumet Photo may also have used, otherwise I think you're likely stuck with Ebay unless Phase themselves do repair/resale. You may also want to look at Better Light, as they have some budget models (yeah, it's all relative.) Also, have you talked to P-O about repair options?

ThePowerThatBe

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2007
Used Phase One Digital Backs, single shot and scanning, are available from Capture Integration.

Recently the P65+ was released at 60.5 megapixels for a single shot and the older scan backs still produce the highest resolution image available commercially at 200+ megapixels, though at the cost of requiring all subject matter to be completely still during the scan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.