PDA

View Full Version : Any Formula One fans here?

Dale Sorel
Jun 6, 2003, 03:14 PM
If so, you can download some MPEGs I've grouped together as a BitTorrent metadata file, ready for burning to VCD, here (http://www.bytemonsoon.com/download.php/121/F1_Decade_1993_01.zip.torrent).

Enjoy :D :o :cool:

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the content :rolleyes:

It's the first two races of 1993, recorded from SPEED's F1 Decade.

hugemullens
Jun 7, 2003, 12:10 AM
F1 has become so.......blah. Glad to see McLaren and Williams both get wins this season and hopefully ferrari wont run away with it again.

pseudobrit
Jun 7, 2003, 07:36 AM
I love F1 because I can't stand oval racing. Unfortunately, I can count on one hand the exciting moments (minus the wrecks because they're not really part of the sport; it's like going to a hockey game to watch the boxing) I've seen over the past 5 years:

1 Mika -- "the pass"

2 Montoya -- almost running Schumacher off the road (both tyres were touching) while passing him in Brasil during his first season.

Dont Hurt Me
Jun 7, 2003, 09:14 AM
I like f1 but Nascar short tracks like bristol are a blast to watch. The long ovals are a little boring. The short tracks though are another ball game.

zarathustra
Jun 7, 2003, 11:04 AM
I agree with pseudobrit - F1 is a million times better to watch than the oval races. The drivers actually have to turn in different direction, slow down, speed up, it's more technical. What do you call that? Oh yeah, driving. NASCAR is still tough, and probably a blast in person, but I can actually sit down and watch F1, without the desire to see crashes, because NASCAR bores me to tears, and the crashes are the only things to look forward to.

zulgand04
Jun 7, 2003, 11:20 AM
I totally agree, that nascar (oval raceing) is boreing. I've been watching F1 for years and love it.

-Neal

5300cs
Jun 7, 2003, 11:24 AM
I used to be an F1 fan, until Schumacher started winning every race. I've always liked Montoya, since he came up from CART.
I was a big CART fan back in the states, but living in Boston it was real hard finding it on TV (no cable.) CART has a good mix of oval & techincal courses.
NASCAR isn't too bad, the Craftsman Truck Series is also OK, but some of the crashes are pretty bad- amazing how some of these guys walk away from them.

Wes
Jun 7, 2003, 11:51 AM
In my opinion f1 is incredibly boring. The only fun parts to watch are the start, and any crashes. It's so techinical that it's boring, they know every metre of the track, and it just doesn't do it for me. Rally is more my sort of thing. Another thing that annoyed me is slowing DOWN the cars. :rolleyes:

hvfsl
Jun 7, 2003, 12:13 PM
F1 is only getting borring because M Schumacher is so much better than everyone else, it is one of the first times in the sport where there is this gap in skill.

While we are on the subject, what are your most borring sports (to watch). Mine are:
-US football
-Rugby (similar to US football)
-Golf
-Cricket
-Snooker/Pool

All the above sports are ether very slow or stop and start to much so I loose interest.

Wes
Jun 7, 2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by hvfsl

While we are on the subject, what are your most borring sports (to watch). Mine are:
-US football
-Rugby (similar to US football)
-Golf
-Cricket
-Snooker/Pool

A little off topic, but ok
-US football: I agree with you 100%. I have never watched more than 5 minutes without throwing my hands in the air and changing the channel.
Rugby: It flows more than US football so I can handle that.
Golf: Has to be THE most boring sport to watch. My golfing friend can't stand to watch it.
Cricket: It's ok to play, not to watch.
Snooker/Pool: Thankfully, none of the channels I watch show it. ;)

zarathustra
Jun 7, 2003, 12:36 PM
Actually, I don't mind watching rugby or US football. The most boring sport ever to watch for me is: baseball. Every time I try to watch it on TV, I psyche myeslf up, then 5 minutes into it, I find myslef on a different chanel.

the funny thing is - love to play it

Back on topic:

Schumacher is disgustingly good! Loved Ayrton Senna! He was less arrogant about his wins.

vollspacken
Jun 8, 2003, 12:30 PM
off topic:
hey zarathustra, I really dig your avatar... I'm back in Germany since 3 weeks and I miss Comedy Central soooo much...

ON topic:
I hate watching baseball on tv, but at a ballpark it's fun (even at Miller Park with the Milwaukee Brewers...)

IMHO other supersuck sports on TV:
- golf
- fitness contests
- national cheerleading championships...

vSpacken