PDA

View Full Version : Most Embarrassing iTMS purchase

NavyIntel007
Jun 6, 2003, 04:28 PM
To all iTMS customers...

What is that one artist that you bought online because you couldn't put up the guts to go into a CD store and buy it?

Don't lie, we know there's one or two...

I'd have to say mine is Poison by Bell Biv Devoe

Your TURN!!!! :cool:

Flowbee
Jun 6, 2003, 05:43 PM
I will stand up and admit...

"Crazy Horses" by The Osmonds

I had the Crazy Horses album when I was a kid (nearly 30 years ago), and that song has stuck in my mind ever since. I actually remembered most of the lyrics *and* the guitar solo. :cool:

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 06:28 PM
well, i know this isn't strickley open to me as i'm not an iTMS customer, but the most embarrasing song in my mp3 collection is Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler, From a Distance is a close second.

...hmm, why did i ignore the "To all iTMS customers" to publicly humiliate myself? What can i say... its late:rolleyes:

rainman::|:|
Jun 6, 2003, 06:35 PM
we built this city, by jefferson starship-- i loved that song as a kid, and i just had to get it when i came across it--

pnw

NavyIntel007
Jun 6, 2003, 06:38 PM
HAHAHA, I don't feel so bad anymore.

That girl is POISON!

jadariv
Jun 6, 2003, 06:53 PM
I would not let any of my friends see that i purchased "Smile" by Vitamin C.

It's a catchy tune.

It's funny, but i am looking at my purchased music folder and it's a bunch of songs from Godsmack, Soundgarden, Steppenwolf, Lit, Ozzy, Three Dog Night, Kid Rock and one Vitamin C song.

vniow
Jun 6, 2003, 06:59 PM
I've only bought one album from the iTunes Store, but I have an Avril Lavigne song in my library...http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251202

<ducks>

mrjamin
Jun 6, 2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by vniow
...I have an Avril Lavigne song in my library...http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251202

avril lavigne aka evil latrine

NavyIntel007
Jun 6, 2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by jadariv
I would not let any of my friends see that i purchased "Smile" by Vitamin C.

It's a catchy tune.

It's funny, but i am looking at my purchased music folder and it's a bunch of songs from Godsmack, Soundgarden, Steppenwolf, Lit, Ozzy, Three Dog Night, Kid Rock and one Vitamin C song.

What are you talking about? Vitamin C fits right in. ;)

Huked on Fonick
Jun 6, 2003, 09:36 PM
Mmm bop by Hansens

me and my friend sing along to it.......what can i say

in a mmm bop im gone, in a mmm bop im not there...

Later, and remember Jesus loves all his childern........

NavyIntel007
Jun 6, 2003, 09:39 PM
that's pretty bad.

Huked on Fonick
Jun 6, 2003, 09:55 PM
Its actully quite funny.....i also have sk8er Boy to............

bbarnhart
Jun 6, 2003, 10:24 PM
I also bought Mmmm Bop by Hanson. It's a heck of a song and my little girls and I will play it LOUD in the CD player and dance like crazy. My wife yells from the other room "TURN THAT DOWN." I tell her I can't hear her because the music is too loud:p.

pEZ
Jun 6, 2003, 10:25 PM
Mine's not really that bad, but a few of my family members laughed when I bought it. Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega, the remix with DNA. The lyrics make no sense, but her filler is just so catchy.

scem0
Jun 6, 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
avril lavigne aka evil latrine

what makes you say that.

She isn't the songwriter, badass, punkster she thinks she is, but she certainly is a lot more 'real', as they say, then other pop stars today. I like her. I think she has a great voice, even if she doesn't admit that she isn't the tenny-bopper pop-star she is.

bennetsaysargh
Jun 6, 2003, 10:57 PM
I didn't but it, but there are two. I don't know who sings it, but it's the song "What If God Was One Of Us". The other is Sixpence None The Richer "Kiss Me"

Almost all of my other stuff is rock. Everything from Aerosmith to Evanescence, to ND.

trebblekicked
Jun 7, 2003, 01:31 AM
i haven't used iTMS, but i definately have a couple emberassing songs in my library including (but not limited to)

"stay" by lisa loeb & nine stories
"all night long" by lionel richie
"every rose has it's thorn" by poison

i'm pretty sure all of these were aquired for comedic purposes...;)

NavyIntel007
Jun 7, 2003, 09:27 AM
I have Every Rose Has It's Thorn.

mrjamin
Jun 7, 2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by trebblekicked
"stay" by lisa loeb & nine stories
"all night long" by lionel richie
"every rose has it's thorn" by poison

c'mon - "stay" is a classy track! I love that song!

"all night long" is a little embarrassing, but i love it just the same.

as for "every rose...", it was a fantastic track, i LOVED it when it was around the first time round, but yes, its embarrassing! I have been known to wallow in it on occasion

mactastic
Jun 7, 2003, 10:12 AM
Let's see... it would have to be a tie between Photograph by Def Leppard and You Give Love a Bad Name by Bong Jovi. In my own defense though, I just watched while my wife bought them.:p

zarathustra
Jun 7, 2003, 11:17 AM
It's a tie:

Elton John - Saturday is allright for fighting
Coldplay - the whole album.

*scrubbing himself in the shower to the tune of Boy George's "Crying Game"*

mrjamin
Jun 7, 2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by scem0
what makes you say that.

She isn't the songwriter, badass, punkster she thinks she is, but she certainly is a lot more 'real', as they say, then other pop stars today. I like her. I think she has a great voice, even if she doesn't admit that she isn't the tenny-bopper pop-star she is.

i wasn't knocking her - i was just stating that some call her evil latrine. I bought the album! I think she's great for what she is (tenny-bopper pop-star).

JPGR_Fan
Jun 7, 2003, 12:15 PM
Wrote iTunes to request Baby Got Back, because one of the original commercials had it but the store didn't. It showed up so I had to buy it. Not for the faint of heart, but the commercial was funny, I thought.

springscansing
Jun 7, 2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by vniow
I've only bought one album from the iTunes Store, but I have an Avril Lavigne song in my library...http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251202

<ducks>

Heh, my mp3s are all electro acoustic and experimental music... and yes, one Avril Lavigne as well.

Why feel bad? It's funnnn!

Tequila Grandma
Jun 7, 2003, 01:40 PM
what makes you say that.

...have you read an interview with her? She's a bumbling idiot. At some appearance she acctually mispronounced David Bowie's name. Sure, she may not be as crappy as other artists, but she's certainly crappy enough. :p

...and the most embarrasing songs in my library are all by either ABBA or Morning Musume...

Arigato,
Brook

vniow
Jun 7, 2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by springscansing
Why feel bad? It's funnnn!

Yeah, I guess that track is sort of a guilty pleasure, her music is of the purest crap though...

bennetsaysargh
Jun 7, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by zarathustra
It's a tie:

Elton John - Saturday is allright for fighting
Coldplay - the whole album.

*scrubbing himself in the shower to the tune of Boy George's "Crying Game"*

coldplay is awsome! how is that an embaraing purchase?

iAlan
Jun 7, 2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Tequila Grandma

...and the most embarrasing songs in my library are all by either ABBA or Morning Musume...

Morning Musume - how could you! That would have to be the dumbest thing anyone could do...admit to having MM on your computer...what were you thinking...I guess it could be worst though, you could have SMAP or GENJI or GLOBE...

Funny!!:)

iAlan
Jun 7, 2003, 09:29 PM
(Sorry for double post...)

Anyone got Nana Mascuri (spelling?)

God, I hope not, not on a Mac anyways...

Tequila Grandma
Jun 7, 2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by iAlan
Morning Musume - how could you!
lol :D

See, Morning Musume falls into the "so bad it's totally ****ing awesome" category. It's an important weapon to have when you want to annoy the living hell out of your friends and family.

On the good side of Japanese pop music, however, I have Shiina Ringo albums in iTunes as well :)

Arigato,
Brook

iAlan
Jun 7, 2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Tequila Grandma
It's an important weapon to have when you want to annoy the living hell out of your friends and family.

Good point!!

I have various tracks/remixes from Misia, Hikaru Utada, Tommy February, Ken Hirai , Chemistry, DCT and a few odd songs here and there to boot.

I checked the play count and Ken Hirai is the most played of my J-Pop tracks.

GeeYouEye
Jun 8, 2003, 01:44 PM
50 Cent - In da Club

no, i don't know why I bought it. Momentary insanity, methinks.

There's worse in my library (but I never listen to them... they're there for whenever my mom loses yet another CD), but that's the worst I got off the iTMS.

peterjhill
Jun 8, 2003, 07:07 PM
t.A.T.u How Soon is Now and the song they played at the MTV Music Awards. It's not bad.

anneleonard
Jun 9, 2003, 02:53 PM
another non-itms uk-er list...

bart simpson - do the bartman
alvin & the chipmunks - love shack
atomic kitten - the last goodbye
girls aloud - sound of the underground
betty boo - doing the do
las ketchup - the ketchup song
o town - liquid dreams
s club 7 - natural

the other 1792 are cool, believe me!
oh dear, wondering whether mrjamin will still love me... :rolleyes:

Groovsonic
Jun 9, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
we built this city, by jefferson starship-- i loved that song as a kid, and i just had to get it when i came across it--

pnw

Me too. But I also downloaded "Nothings gonna stop us now"... How bad does that make me???

Also, by the time either of those songs came out, it was just plain old "Starship". The Jefferson part was dropped when Paul Kanter left the band. Whats more disturbing is that I know that.

Not only did I download those songs, But I got these:

Livin' la vida loca by Ricky Martin
She Bangs by Ricky Martin
Rock With You by Michael Jackson
Blue by Eiffel 65
Dancing Queen by ABBA
Straight Up by Paula Abdoul
Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
I just wanna be your Everything by Andy Gibb
Chains of Love by Erasure

Yes... These are bad. I have D/L'd other bad ones, but Ii'n not telling!!!

zarathustra
Jun 9, 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
coldplay is awsome! how is that an embaraing purchase?

Yes coldplay is cool; if you were born in 1989. ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 9, 2003, 05:38 PM
what makes you say that.

i agree.

it could just be a good acting job. but she seems a whole lot more real to herself than the other pop sluts out there.

bennetsaysargh
Jun 9, 2003, 06:08 PM
Yes coldplay is cool; if you were born in 1989. ;)

lol:p i guess the age difference does make a differnce, but a pont in coldplay's defense is they use macs!

edit- here's the link. (http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2002/11/coldplay/)

zarathustra
Jun 10, 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
lol:p i guess the age difference does make a differnce, but a pont in coldplay's defense is they use macs!

edit- here's the link. (http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2002/11/coldplay/)

*in Dr. Evil accent*

I'm hip, I'm with it!

:D

bennetsaysargh
Jun 10, 2003, 07:21 PM
*in Dr. Evil accent*

I'm hip, I'm with it!

:D

lol:p
*does the macarena like dr. evil*
see! i'm jiggy wit it!:p :p :p

alia
Jun 10, 2003, 07:27 PM
I love that Erasure song "Chains of Love." It was one of my ex's favorites and he got me hooked on it. :)

I don't have iTMS access yet, but my most embarassing purchase will probably be that song by Hot Action Cop. It's so damned catchy, but it's really LEWD!

Alia