Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
Im just a bit confused regarding the pricing. of american and canadian apple products listed on there respected website

the Powerbook 12" base model is

1599 US in the apple.com store
2249 CDN in the apple.ca store

when you convert 1599 usd to CDN you get $2198 CDN. so not bad
-------------------
the 20" Cinema display model is

1299 US in the apple.com store
2049 CDN in the apple.ca store

when you convert 1299 usd to CDN you get $1786 CDN.
thats a 260 increase just cause your canadian

i dont think that is fair!
---------------------------------------

the g4 1ghz base model is

1499 US in the apple.com store
2399 CDN in the apple.ca store

when you convert 1499 usd to CDN you get $2061 CDN. so not bad

thats a $338 CDN hit in the pocket just cause your canadian
makes me wanna go across the border!

also one thing thats weird

on the american site the power book 12" is more then the g4 1ghz tower.. (1599 Pb12 vs 1499 G4 1ghz)

on the canaidna site the power book 12" is less then the g4 tower ($2249 cdn pb 12 vs 2399 for g4 tower)

just hope to spark some discussion. and maybe lower Apple Canada's prices

zer0army

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Toronto
I have noticed this too. What would be the closest Apple store to us ?

I wouldn't mind taking a trip to NY and its really not that long of a drive from T.O so I might purchase from an Apple store there.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
That sucks, I was in Canada when I was little and wanted to get a comic book, but it was like $5 dollars more! (probably less, I was little). That sucks.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....the PowerBook prices were adjusted this week when Apple USA lowered the prices...Apple Canada followed suit and at the same time made adjustments for the recent rise in the Canadian Dollar's value. I suspect that adjustments to the rest of the product lines will follow soon as well....oh yeah!

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by adamfilip
closest apple store is in buffalo

what kinda taxes do you guys pay in buffalo

would be nice not having to pay 15% up here

I'm from Florida so I really don't know for sure but I believe New York has little or no sales tax.

What part of Canada are you from? My girlfriend lives in St. Catherines.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by Laslo Panaflex
That sucks, I was in Canada when I was little and wanted to get a comic book, but it was like $5 dollars more! (probably less, I was little). That sucks.

Not really the same, but I remember a few years ago I found an old game I wanted on an American site for $10, I tried to order it, and they wanted $32 for delivery! I emailed them (Activision), and they flatly refused to send it any cheaper - even though just putting the CD in an envelope and sending over normal post would cost no more than $5, likely a lot less. Now about 4 years have passed, and I still don't have the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.