Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebiggoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
our high school is doing a small student film fest. the video has to be under 10 minutes ad school appropriate. i was planning on spoofing mtv cribs and showing off how run down our school was. the films are voted on by students and kids are always complaining about how crappy our school is. i was wondering if nayone had any helpful pointers since this is rhe first real competition of ny sort ive done. alsoo...would anyone have an idea of how to get the mtv cribs opening thingy (short of acquiring an episode and cutting it out) or the bumpers between segments?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
i was wondering if nayone had any helpful pointers since this is rhe first real competition of ny sort ive done. alsoo...would anyone have an idea of how to get the mtv cribs opening thingy (short of acquiring an episode and cutting it out) or the bumpers between segments?
Suggestion: don't "borrow" any exact footage from MTV. This could be considered copyright violation and plagarism. Instead create your own, similar opening or bumpers (like xTV Cribs, where "x" is the initials for your high school). This is considered an homage and/or parody.

thebiggoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
i was planning on taking the mtv footage and overlay BHS Cribs (Brighton High School) anyways.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Cribs parodies are done frequently, maybe try something else? ;)

Okay okay. For some practical advice, make sure you don't overlook the audio. Taping in hallways can end up extremely echoy, to the point where you can't tell what they're saying at all. Things are funnier when you don't have to struggle to hear. Also, make sure to get those black and white cutaway shots!

thebiggoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
i was planning on using a wireless lapel mic. What do you mean by black and wjite cutaway shots? Could someone direct me to a well done cribs parady or give em some timps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.