Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Got some help from some friends to put this shoot together. The idea of the project is to change mood through the use of color. This is my first time doing "studio" type shooting, so yeah, uh, be nice? Ha.
The model is my roommate.

Orange
orange4.jpg

(before he changed, haha)
orange1.jpg

orange2.jpg

orange3.jpg

Blue
blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue3.jpg

blue4.jpg

blue5.jpg

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
Hi there.

I like to concept and the job done by the model. BUT I really dont like the background. you should have gone for seamless background. It doesnt cost much for the results it yealds.

Also, be careful of the shadows. Your model does a lot of crouching stance which create shadows on the rest of the body. You would need a strong difuser / lightbox to get right of them without loosing the mood of the pics.

Anyways, good job! Its always fun to see something different!

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Hi there.

I like to concept and the job done by the model. BUT I really dont like the background. you should have gone for seamless background. It doesnt cost much for the results it yealds.

Also, be careful of the shadows. Your model does a lot of crouching stance which create shadows on the rest of the body. You would need a strong difuser / lightbox to get right of them without loosing the mood of the pics.

Anyways, good job! Its always fun to see something different!

I appreciate the feedback, but most of what you mentioned was not in the budget. This is an intro level class, and I already spent $200 on the stuff you see in these shots.

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
I totaly understand. Bu you asked for comments ;-)

Seriously, you should build yourself a lightbox. Super easy, the only challenge is to find a fabric that would be a nice difuser. In the long run, it will pay for itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.