Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted some details on the various conference sessions that will be available at the Worldwide Developer's Conference 2007.

The sessions are divided into 6 tracks:

- Leopard Innovations
- Mac OS X Essentials
- Information Technologies
- Developer Tools
- Graphics and Imaging
- Content and Media

The Leopard session descriptions are not particularly revealing, but does remind us of some upcoming features of Leopard that have previously been revealed:

- Core Animation is an incredible layer-based animation system that will revolutionize the user experience of your application.
- Mac OS X Leopard elevates video communication with iChat Theater, a new API that shares content from your application over video chat.
- The Calendar Store framework, provided in Mac OS X Leopard, is a simple interface to a user's iCal data. Using the Calendar Store, applications can read, create, and modify events and tasks with just a few lines of code.

An original overview of Leopard remains posted on Apple's site, but Steve Jobs hinted in August 2006 that several "top secret" features of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) were being held back in Leopard and would not be revealed until a later date. Very few details about these secret features have been leaked to date, but many have speculated on significant visual changes to finder.

Leopard has been targeted for a "Spring 2007" release. WWDC 2007 takes place between June 11-15th in San Francisco.

bigwig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2005
Visual changes to Finder? How about some functional changes, starting with getting rid of those &$*# .DS_Store files Finder drops everywhere.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
funny...apple leaks no hardware updates..:apple: :(

yeah i kno,, but did not really expect them to post that, that would stop lottttts of sales of the hardware available right now... also maybeeeeeeee and this i believe the hardware upgrades and leopard releases will happen just a bit before WWDC, or then again maybe,, that wil be the "one more thing" thing

MacSamurai

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2006
it's so far away...please let there be mac pros before that...pleeeease.Maybe new ipods will get the spotlight...

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
it's so far away...please let there be mac pros before that...pleeeease.Maybe new ipods will get the spotlight...

mac pros?? yeah i can see that coming,, not iPods tho, they would steal thunder of the iPhone, i think (and really hooope) we will see the first Santa Rosa platforms out by then....can't wait to get a SR.MB

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
mac pros?? yeah i can see that coming,, not iPods tho, they would steal thunder of the iPhone, i think (and really hooope) we will see the first Santa Rosa platforms out by then....can't wait to get a SR.MB

I agree with the iPods. I would guess about a month of frantic buying time for the iPhone before new ipods come out. That will let the public get their hands on it and those who were planning on buying iPhones right away have already done so.

Redneck1089

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2004

It would be absolutely ridiculous if Apple doesn't release new Mac Pros before then. I'd be mad... So, so, mad. Mad like a swatted bee. Mad like a drunk Mel Gibson. :mad: :mad: :mad:

tyson12zoll

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2003
The imac is almost 10 years old.
I wonder if they might announce minor updates to hold over for an imac to celebrate its 10th anniversary.

LostPacket

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2003
Canada, eh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't announcing new Leopard features introduce more bugs/issues with the next developer seeds? I can't see how they can even think of a Spring 2007 release if that happens. Are they just testing these features internally?

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Does this picture:
header_backpage.jpg

Remind anyone else of the 1984 ad?

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
I had my employer talked into going, but I guess they decided that I didn't need to learn any more and instead budgeted three times as much for our Sysadmin to go to some MS networking workshop. Pfft. Blow me.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Does this picture:
header_backpage.jpg

Um, maybe it's all the political correctness that the media beat into me, but doesn't it seem weird that everyone in that picture is a white male?

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
Um, maybe it's all the political correctness that the media beat into me, but doesn't it seem weird that everyone in that picture is a white male?

My political correctness left me when i got rejected from a college roster so that they could fill their Affirmative Action quota. Those are the bad seats, all the minorities are up front.

edit: oh, and the politically correct term would have been, Caucasain Male.

bryanc

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2003
Fredericton, NB Canada
Does this picture:
header_backpage.jpg

Now that you mention it, yes. However, what I noticed is that it is probably a real picture, rather than a staged PR image, due to the fact that it is made up exclusively of white men, rather than the diverse population Apple likes to portray itself as.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.