PDA

View Full Version : My car was broken into and I saw the person doing the deed

Bobdude161
Mar 21, 2007, 11:02 AM
I live in a nice neighborhood. Not snotty like the east-side, but middle class. I have a 2000 Kia. Most of the time I lock it up when I go inside, but there are times when the backdoors are unlocked from giving friends rides. Well this was the case of having my doors unlocked.

It was around 2:45 AM last night, I was going out for my paper route and I noticed something moving in my front seat when I approached my car. Turned out to be some 16-17 year old trying to hijack my stereo. He turned off all the lights in the car so no one could see him, that was thoughtful. He didn't see me at first, so I just stood there watching him struggle in vain with my highly secured Pioneer deck. About 30 seconds pass by and thats when I decided to move in. He noticed me and literally jumped in the seat and flings the door open and ran off to whatever destination. I made sure he heard me say "Better luck next time!" as he was leaving. lol.

No damages. Stole some pocket change. Petty theif. I still had my Sting CD, kind of insulted by that gesture. I guess he wasn't a fan of Sting. How can you NOT like Sting :confused: . I have some broken B&W G3s and logic boards in my trunk, I was hoping he would take those, but alas.

I don't know anyone in the neighborhood. So identifying anyone is pretty much impossible. I'm just gonna let this one slide. :p So yeah, lock your car doors fellow MR members.

Zwhaler
Mar 21, 2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, if that were to happen to me I would just be more careful. Some people would freak out an call the police, but I'm the kind of person who lets things like that go. Kinda like that other new thread "Ever get ripped off and don't care" But hey, at least you scared the crap out of him :p

nateDEEZY
Mar 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
Heh, I wouldn't have been so relaxed as you... I would've made a threat towards his life.

My car got broken into 3 times in 2 week's, the last 2 times were by the same person I assume. The 1st time was in Sacramento, they stole my jacket and my cd collection... So I figured the car would be safer back at my dad's house, so I left it there... On day 1 they broke the window, dad move the car into the car port put a car cover and locked it then they came back and destroyed the lock cylinder for the ignition! (I suggested he remove the battery the day the window got broken, thank god) This happened a little over a year ago!

Then the car finally got stolen, good riddance! The car end up being more trouble than what it was worth, although I sort of miss it. :p

stonyc
Mar 21, 2007, 11:32 AM
All Spiderman jokes aside... but what happens if the kid, in his next attempt (which you know there will be a next attempt) to steal from a car/house happens on someone who is less-equipped to defend themselves. Sure, you got the jump on him... but what if the next person that surprises or is surprised by that kid gets hurt? You got lucky, the next person might not.

I would notify the police so that at least they'll have their eyes on your neighborhood for a little while, maybe even catch the kid in the act themselves. You never know.

Bobdude161
Mar 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
Heh, I wouldn't have been so relaxed as you... I would've made a threat towards his life.

My car got broken into 3 times in 2 week's, the last 2 times were by the same person I assume. The 1st time was in Sacramento, they stole my jacket and my cd collection... So I figured the car would be safer back at my dad's house, so I left it there... On day 1 they broke the window, dad move the car into the car port put a car cover and locked it then they came back and destroyed the lock cylinder for the ignition! (I suggested he remove the battery the day the window got broken, thank god) This happened a little over a year ago!

Then the car finally got stolen, good riddance! The car end up being more trouble than what it was worth, although I sort of miss it. :p

Wow that is one determined mother****** . What car was it? That is just amazing.

Rob me once shame on you, rob me twice shame on you, rob me three times, I'll bust a cap your ***.

Markleshark
Mar 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
He didn't notice you? I'd have snook up on him and kicked his ****in' head in. Try steal my stero... Arse-hole!

nateDEEZY
Mar 21, 2007, 12:05 PM
Wow that is one determined mother****** . What car was it? That is just amazing.

Rob me once shame on you, rob me twice shame on you, rob me three times, I'll bust a cap your ***.

1991 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo.. This is an old siggy I had before.. it was gorgeous >_<

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/r3veng3/4d19e435.jpg

FJ218700
Mar 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
If you live in an area where breakins are a recurring problem and have an SUV or minivan, you can set a trap. Turn on all the child safety locks and leave the doors unlocked. Bait the theif so that they try to steal something from the rear cargo area. They will climb in far enough so that if you are waiting, you can sneak up and slam the door shut with the theif inside.

todd2000
Mar 24, 2007, 01:02 AM
If you live in an area where breakins are a recurring problem and have an SUV or minivan, you can set a trap. Turn on all the child safety locks and leave the doors unlocked. Bait the theif so that they try to steal something from the rear cargo area. They will climb in far enough so that if you are waiting, you can sneak up and slam the door shut with the theif inside.

Thats BRILLIANT :D , but do many cars have child safety locks in the front? I thought it was only the rear doors?

EricNau
Mar 24, 2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, if that were to happen to me I would just be more careful. Some people would freak out an call the police, but I'm the kind of person who lets things like that go. Kinda like that other new thread "Ever get ripped off and don't care" But hey, at least you scared the crap out of him :p
I'm totally the opposite. I probably would have gotten in the car and ran the guy over (which would be the most appropriate punishment I can think of). :D

Abstract
Mar 24, 2007, 01:24 AM
He didn't notice you? I'd have snook up on him and kicked his ****in' head in. Try steal my stero... Arse-hole!

Me too. I'd kick his face in until it collapsed. I don't see why anyone would let kind of thing go. If you let him go, he'll do it again to someone else, and you would be partly responsible, in a way. It's like watching someone get assaulted and not calling the police, or that sort of thing. Citizens should get involved so that this person doesn't do this sort of thing to another dozen or so cars.

*bite* :apple:

Done-on-a-Mac
Mar 24, 2007, 09:31 AM
.......Bait the theif so that they try to steal something from the rear cargo area. They will climb in far enough so that if you are waiting, you can sneak up and slam the door shut with the theif inside.

What if they decide to bust out your window to escape? A cornered mouse will fight to escape.

- Scott

FJ218700
Mar 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
What if they decide to bust out your window to escape? A cornered mouse will fight to escape.

- Scott

Right, they will probably destroy your interior in the process.

Anyway, it works on cats.

BigPrince
Mar 24, 2007, 03:20 PM
My knife would of been out on that bitch.

Coolnat2004
Mar 24, 2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I always lock my doors.. no matter what. My mom has caught kids on 2 occasions trying to break into cars in our driveway.. once my brother's car and once mine..

They only made it close enough to look inside before the crazy woman came out to the driveway with a cigarette in hand.. hahaha

SkyBell
Mar 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
Right, they will probably destroy your interior in the process.

Anyway, it works on cats.

Yeah, it sure does.:D :rolleyes:

...Long story.

Keebler
Mar 24, 2007, 09:50 PM
wow. you're quite lucky. what if this would have been some low life druggee looking for stuff to sell for his drugs? what if he had been desperate enough to attack you?

it was no doubt a shocking experience b/c this is something that is mostly just heard about, let alone walk up to.

i've always said that if i catch someone going through my vehicles and if i can get the jump on them, they're going to end up regretting it.

i know ppl will say violence isn't the answer and they're probably right. heck, i'm only 5'2" so maybe i'd be in trouble, but i'd make sure they were hurt enough to think twice about breaking into someone else's personal property. i don't know...maybe bust a kneecap, break a hand/finger....something to remind them.

but enough of my violent tendencies. do call the police to provide any description you can. if this kid has done it once, he'll do it again.