Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
When I first got my 5.5G iPod last year, it correctly displayed the nifty pictures that accompany most podcasts. After maybe a month or so though, it usually didn't display them. Now it never displays them.

I know they aren't somehow being stripped from the MP3 files when they're copied to my iPod, because if I view them on my iPod on another computer, I still see the pictures.

Anyone know what's going on? I don't see any setting anywhere to make them display, and I sure didn't change any settings like that.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Bump.

Come on , nobody knows? Does the 5.5G just not work right? (I have noticed a lot of little bugs like this...)

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
Hmm, that's odd.

The only thing I really could think of is to restore your iPod, which would reset the software, and therefore, hopefully, the glitch.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks. Well, I guess I'll have to try this again once I've got my new 'puter in a month or two (might as well wait until then when I'm having to set up iTunes again anyway).

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Plug in your iPod and in the 'Music' tab, uncheck 'Display album artwork on your iPod', and click 'Apply'. Once it has finished syncing, eject it. Now plug it back in and check 'Display album artwork on your iPod' and let it re-copy all album art work. (It may take a while, especially if you are not on USB 2.0.)
All should now be corrected, and it may not lag as much either.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
when I looked at the title of your thread, it sorta blurred in my mind with the thread below, which was about and ipod shuffle. So I read, "why aren't the pictures in my podcasts displayed on my ipod shuffle?" heh heh... :eek: :p

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Plug in your iPod and in the 'Music' tab, uncheck 'Display album artwork on your iPod', and click 'Apply'. Once it has finished syncing, eject it. Now plug it back in and check 'Display album artwork on your iPod' and let it re-copy all album art work. (It may take a while, especially if you are not on USB 2.0.)
All should now be corrected, and it may not lag as much either.

Awesome! That fixed it! Thanks, I hadn't noticed that checkbox (though to be fair, I don't really play music, so was just looking under podcasts :D )

Now I can have my pretty pictures while I listen to podcasts. Totally pointless, but fun darn it. (Plus it kind of bugged me when I thought my iPod wasn't working quite right.)

when I looked at the title of your thread, it sorta blurred in my mind with the thread below, which was about and ipod shuffle. So I read, "why aren't the pictures in my podcasts displayed on my ipod shuffle?" heh heh... :eek: :p

Yeah, darn it! And why don't my videos play on my shuffle either? :p

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Okay, this is weird. That "Display album artwork on your iPod" selection keeps getting "unchecked". It was working for a day, and then the podcast art quit displaying. Sure enough, that setting was unchecked again.

The only thing I can think is it might have something to do with this: Quite frequently when I connect my iPod iTunes can't see what model it is. When it does that, it just displays a generic image for it, and it only displays I think just music and maybe podcasts, not the video related stuff.

When it does that and I eject, my iPod dosen't list any of my play lists or podcasts. I have to reattach it, and then iTunes sees it as the correct model, and when I eject again it's back to normal.

I wonder if when it does that, it somehow wipes out the album artwork setting too? I wonder WHY it keeps doing it? :(

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Well, I've restored my 5.5G iPod a few days ago, and it's still having all the same problems. Oh well, at least it pretty much works :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.