PDA

View Full Version : Nunchuk Issues?

bluebomberman
Mar 22, 2007, 05:29 PM
Yep, I got more Madden/Wii issues.

No more corrupted memory issues since my first incident (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=286434), but now I'm having issues where I get an error message saying my nunchuk has been disconnected OR the nunchuk no longer responds and the game keeps on playing (which means my superstar running back starts spinning in circles or stands still and waits to be plastered by the defense).

Unplugging and plugging the nunchuk seems to stave off issues for 12-24 hours, but it's been a real annoyance for the past three days. Has anybody else have this happen to them?

MacRumorUser
Mar 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
God is telling you to ditch that game.....

Agilus
Mar 22, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yep, I got more Madden/Wii issues.

No more corrupted memory issues since my first incident (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=286434), but now I'm having issues where I get an error message saying my nunchuk has been disconnected OR the nunchuk no longer responds and the game keeps on playing (which means my superstar running back starts spinning in circles or stands still and waits to be plastered by the defense).

Unplugging and plugging the nunchuk seems to stave off issues for 12-24 hours, but it's been a real annoyance for the past three days. Has anybody else have this happen to them?

How charged does it say your batteries are? Is it possible that your batteries are coming loose in the casing? I've had that happen once or twice when my batteries are about to run out.

bluebomberman
Mar 22, 2007, 05:41 PM
God is telling you to ditch that game.....

Maybe so! But unfortunately there isn't a single Wii game I really want to play right now besides Super Paper Mario...maybe when games like Trauma Center and Call of Duty III drop in price, I'll get those.

How charged does it say your batteries are? Is it possible that your batteries are coming loose in the casing? I've had that happen once or twice when my batteries are about to run out.

Can't speak for the other days, but I can say that for today, the batteries were NiMH rechargables with a full energy gauge when I started playing about 2 hours ago. I also don't see how the batteries can become "loose;" they all seem nice and snuggly there, and the remote seems to work fine because I was able to press the plus sign to pause the game when my running back began to run circles...

bluebomberman
Mar 24, 2007, 10:34 PM
It pays to have an extra set of nunchuks. So far, no problems.

I'm too lazy to test my old nunchuk with other games (all I have are Zelda and Wii Sports) to see if I have a Madden problem or a nunchuk problem, so I'm not sure I have cause to go to Nintendo and ask for a replacement nunchuk...

balamw
Mar 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
FWIW, I have the same problem with one of my Wiimotes and Spongebob CFTKK (Yeah, I know, but the kidlets enjoy the game). Unplug and replug the nunchuck and it works just fine. :confused:

B

bluebomberman
Mar 24, 2007, 10:43 PM
FWIW, I have the same problem with one of my Wiimotes and Spongebob CFTKK (Yeah, I know, but the kidlets enjoy the game). Unplug and replug the nunchuck and it works just fine. :confused:

B

A) Does the problem reoccur, and
B) Don't the kidlets get really pissed off when this happens at a crucial moment? (Maybe the kidlets are more mature than I am. :D )

zane
Mar 24, 2007, 11:10 PM
its a common problem deal with it

bluebomberman
Mar 24, 2007, 11:25 PM
its a common problem deal with it

Oh, I'm so sorry to bother you with my silly little Wii problems. I suppose I should be just fine with controllers that don't always control. While I'm at it, I should be just like you and accept that my mouse doesn't always click, my keyboard doesn't always type, and my TV remote doesn't always change channels. :rolleyes:

balamw
Mar 25, 2007, 12:19 AM
A) Does the problem reoccur, and
B) Don't the kidlets get really pissed off when this happens at a crucial moment? (Maybe the kidlets are more mature than I am. :D )

Yeah, it seems to happen periodically with the 'mote and nunchuck that came with the Wii, but not the ones I bought after.

They've figured it out now so they know what to do in case it happens. Pause the game and unplug the nunchuck. Is that mature :p?

B

bluebomberman
Mar 25, 2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it seems to happen periodically with the 'mote and nunchuck that came with the Wii, but not the ones I bought after.

They've figured it out now so they know what to do in case it happens. Pause the game and unplug the nunchuck. Is that mature :p?

B

It's more mature than throwing the nunchuk through the TV while swearing like Andrew Dice Clay. :D

zane
Mar 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to bother you with my silly little Wii problems. I suppose I should be just fine with controllers that don't always control. While I'm at it, I should be just like you and accept that my mouse doesn't always click, my keyboard doesn't always type, and my TV remote doesn't always change channels. :rolleyes:

Huh thats what I usually do:confused: anyway im just trying to say it is a common problem and its not like they are going to replace your numchuck.

Dagless
Mar 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
Huh thats what I usually do:confused: anyway im just trying to say it is a common problem and its not like they are going to replace your numchuck.

Common? Common would mean the majority. I don't see 50% of Wii nunchucks having this problem, just as it's not common for a 360 to break (unless that figure IS over 50%?).

OP - Just contact Nintendo. kick up a fuss and get some Wii Points too. If it's broken or just faulty then they will ship you out a new one. These are the guys who will replace DS's with a single dead pixel after all!

takao
Mar 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
yeah i would contact them too if it gets too frequent ..personally i haven't had similiar problems but i have been playing more single wiimote games

the only problem i have with nunhucks is that i tend to fiddle more around with the analog stick and thus when loadi ng a game having them uncentered (but i still won that game of red steel multiplayer despite my character always strafing to the right ;))

zane
Mar 25, 2007, 02:13 PM
Common? Common would mean the majority. I don't see 50% of Wii nunchucks having this problem, just as it's not common for a 360 to break (unless that figure IS over 50%?).

OP - Just contact Nintendo. kick up a fuss and get some Wii Points too. If it's broken or just faulty then they will ship you out a new one. These are the guys who will replace DS's with a single dead pixel after all!

Oh well I only have this problem with COD3 every once and a while. I just thought maybe it wasnt the numchuck .

2nyRiggz
Mar 25, 2007, 02:19 PM

Jimmi boy....:rolleyes:

OP....You need to give Nintendo a call and yell at them...Don't live with just unpluging the thing all the time...maybe the N will give you a free remote/nunchuck.

Bless

Dagless
Mar 25, 2007, 02:56 PM
Jimmi boy....:rolleyes:

:confused:

Common = conforming to the usual standard. 360 crashing problems aren't common, Wii nunchuck problems aren't common. Hell - PSP dead pixels aren't common. Windows viruses are common :D

Zane - try Wii Sports boxing. Chances are as soon as the nunchuck is disconnected it will pause the game, and due to the nature of the game you'll be able to see if it's a faulty port or just COD3?

e˛Studios
Mar 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
I've never had my nunchuck behave like this, i would call Nintendo and complain. Nintendo has pretty good customer service, and i can understand their non-outsourced support desk as an added bonus.

They replaced my DS Lite twice, once for a broken bezel, the next time for a stuck green pixel.

Ed

zane
Mar 25, 2007, 04:13 PM
:confused:

Common = conforming to the usual standard. 360 crashing problems aren't common, Wii nunchuck problems aren't common. Hell - PSP dead pixels aren't common. Windows viruses are common :D

Zane - try Wii Sports boxing. Chances are as soon as the nunchuck is disconnected it will pause the game, and due to the nature of the game you'll be able to see if it's a faulty port or just COD3?

Well I would say the problem occurs for me only like once every two weeks and I have to restart a couple of times but thanks I think Ill try that.

darkwing
Mar 26, 2007, 02:15 AM
I've never had my nunchuck behave like this, i would call Nintendo and complain. Nintendo has pretty good customer service, and i can understand their non-outsourced support desk as an added bonus.

They replaced my DS Lite twice, once for a broken bezel, the next time for a stuck green pixel.

Ed

My DS Lite has a broken hinge housing. I think/hope it's only a cosmetic issue. If I call Nintendo do you think they will do something about it?

bluebomberman
Mar 26, 2007, 03:22 AM
OP....You need to give Nintendo a call and yell at them...Don't live with just unpluging the thing all the time...maybe the N will give you a free remote/nunchuck.

Will contact them as soon as I have some free time. I'll let you guys know how it goes down.

bowens
Mar 26, 2007, 08:57 AM

Maybe playing for 12-24 hours at a time is the first problem.:eek:

bluebomberman
Mar 26, 2007, 11:26 AM
Maybe playing for 12-24 hours at a time is the first problem.:eek:

Silly rabbit. I didn't play continuously. My arms would fall of at some point.:rolleyes::p