PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Sigma hands-on!

fiercetiger224
Mar 22, 2007, 09:09 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775292p1.html

Dude, I can't wait! This is actually another title that's "exclusive" to the PS3! I enjoyed the original on the Xbox, and never got Black. So this'll be an awesome investment. Watch the clips in HD...A big WOW. Seriously. 1080p and 60 fps! :D

--EDIT--

The best part: It's coming out on June 26! Is it just me, or is there a really steady flow of great games coming out each month on the PS3?

ninewhereman
Mar 22, 2007, 09:18 PM
If this stays exclusive to PS3 I have to say this will sell the console for me. Loved that game and I am sure that the new one will be nothing short of amazing.

Mike Teezie
Mar 22, 2007, 09:22 PM
It's just Black with a few new things tacked on??

Come on, that's lame - 1080p or no. It's been years since Ninja Gaiden came out. Give us a proper sequel - new story, weapons, moves, characters, the whole nine yards.

fiercetiger224
Mar 22, 2007, 09:31 PM
It's just Black with a few new things tacked on??

Come on, that's lame - 1080p or no. It's been years since Ninja Gaiden came out. Give us a proper sequel - new story, weapons, moves, characters, the whole nine yards.

True that they should have produced a sequel, but Tecmo is known for building upon already released titles (DOA2 had SEVERAL "remakes"). Hopefully if this sells well, they'll actually produce a proper sequel. I'm guessing since sales were probably okay with the Xbox version, they wanted to try the PS3 market for a change. We'll see what happens.

Mike Teezie
Mar 22, 2007, 11:41 PM
True that they should have produced a sequel, but Tecmo is known for building upon already released titles (DOA2 had SEVERAL "remakes"). Hopefully if this sells well, they'll actually produce a proper sequel. I'm guessing since sales were probably okay with the Xbox version, they wanted to try the PS3 market for a change. We'll see what happens.

Such a shame really, as it was a brilliant game. NG is the only other game besides Halo I ever played on my Xbox.

Double shame I won't be able to play it on my 360 either.

SamIchi
Mar 23, 2007, 01:04 AM
Damn, why can't they just make a new one. We don't need the same game over and over with little cool things added to it.

darkwing
Mar 23, 2007, 01:11 AM
Damn, why can't they just make a new one. We don't need the same game over and over with little cool things added to it.

Probably because many Japanese people didn't get a chance to play it because nobody there bought an Xbox. I haven't owned one, so I look forward to the game.

ninewhereman
Mar 23, 2007, 01:37 AM
I take back my previous statement. :o I am at work and didn't have time to read the link. That is very disappointing. Hopefully we will see a full fledged sequel soon. It has been long enough.

fiercetiger224
Mar 23, 2007, 02:06 AM

Well, it's cheaper to re-release a game with better graphics than it is to produce a sequel. The game is already laid out for them...All they have to do is reprogram, improve visuals, and throw in extras. It's cheap enough that they can keep it exclusive.

Anyway, like I said before, they're probably just testing the PS3 market (especially in Japan) to see if there are better profits than the 360 market. It's not disappointing as a re-release, especially if you haven't played it before. I don't know the sales figures for the original and black, so maybe if they did bad for the Xbox, it might do good for the PS3. We'll see.

MacRumorUser
Mar 23, 2007, 04:40 AM
I love how an update ''PORT" is classed as an "EXCLUSIVE" ..

That has to be the biggest OXY-MORON ever.

I'd get this 'IF' they have a difficulty option. The original Ninga Gaiden was toooooo hardcore that I got very fustrated and eventually lost interest.

2nyRiggz
Mar 23, 2007, 05:25 AM
^I was thinking the same thing but it did take the exclusive out from under the xbox so its fine in my book;)

The game looks good and if its had hard as NGB then I'm not getting it.

Bless

Dagless
Mar 23, 2007, 07:54 AM
Oh now I liked this on the Xbox. Played it to death :D quite literally, my dog chewed on the DVD. But playing it again? nah.

Haoshiro
Mar 23, 2007, 08:59 AM
I love how an update ''PORT" is classed as an "EXCLUSIVE" ..

That has to be the biggest OXY-MORON ever.

I'd get this 'IF' they have a difficulty option. The original Ninga Gaiden was toooooo hardcore that I got very fustrated and eventually lost interest.

Yeah, I mentioned how ridiculous this is before.

I guess that means Guitar Hero II is *exclusive* to 360! :rolleyes:

fiercetiger224
Mar 23, 2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I mentioned how ridiculous this is before.

I guess that means Guitar Hero II is *exclusive* to 360! :rolleyes:

Haha well if it has features exclusive to it, then it should be called exclusive! WOOT! :rolleyes: But you can't deny it's exclusive-ness for the PS3 right now :p All I care about is if they indeed fix the difficulty, and have 1080p.

Since I never finished the original, I'd buy this one. I never owned the original, just borrowed it from a friend. It was an awesome game, just never had the time to play it...

Haoshiro
Mar 23, 2007, 10:26 AM
Haha well if it has features exclusive to it, then it should be called exclusive! WOOT! :rolleyes: But you can't deny it's exclusive-ness for the PS3 right now :p All I care about is if they indeed fix the difficulty, and have 1080p.

Since I never finished the original, I'd buy this one. I never owned the original, just borrowed it from a friend. It was an awesome game, just never had the time to play it...

Sure I can, that's why I mentioned GH2.

Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black = Xbox
Guitar Hero II - PS2

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - PS3
Guitar Hero II "Sigma" - 360

The comparisons are fundamentally the same.

pcypert
Mar 23, 2007, 10:46 AM
NG Black has an easy mode if you wanted to pick it up cheaper and used for the 360...just have to die a bunch to unlock it. Also can unlock the original NG arcade...

Paul

fiercetiger224
Mar 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
NG Black has an easy mode if you wanted to pick it up cheaper and used for the 360...just have to die a bunch to unlock it. Also can unlock the original NG arcade...

Paul

Ahh good to know. It should be in Sigma then. Since I don't have a 360 as of current (waiting until Microsoft gets their quality issues fixed, and maybe new shiny black 360 :D), I'll wait for Sigma. Besides, I want my 1080p Ninja Gaiden!

TheGimp
Mar 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
This game *almost* could sell me on the system. If done properly, NG on the PS3 could immortalize this game and looks to be a perfect example of an utter masterpiece getting the treatment it originally deserved, and finally being liberated from certain constraints - not only visual. The following excerpt from that IGN review caught my attention the most:
QUOTE:
... The action, which was tightened to a frenetic pace for NG Black has been cranked to 11 on PS3. Ryu moves with such awesome speed it's a miracle that the camera can ever keep up. And yet the camera, once a sore spot for the Xbox game, is actually more intelligent this time out and (at least for the most part) keeps the action on screen
ENDQUOTE

Turns out that AI can be useful for many things, not just providing scalable opposition and cooperation from NPC's.

Having such a classic as NGB running at 60fps is like having one of the tinny sounding early rushed CD releases, such as those of Stones or Beatles properly remastered - especial in high-def (such as SACD, something that will probably never happen for the works of the latter band) such that one hears them as the studio engineers got to hear them from the original studio masters, and not as the early adopters of the CD did (early CD releases tended to be way to bright sounding, lacking the 'organic' texture and overall balance of the studio master tape, etc). IMO am inspired and subtantial enough 'vision' can warrant any number of technical reworkings.

In Team Ninja's case, no amount of the proverbial 'perspiration' had been sufficient to give the core 'inspiration' its just due, given the original platform limitations and development timeframe. NG deserves the same periodic honing as would befit an heirloom Samurai sword. The only downside is the prospect of having to spend another 60 bucks, but anyone buying such a game would have no problem recouping most of the cost to a even a local gamer - let alone ebay.. Moreover, the panoply of rental options, with their almost obscene level of convenience, renders such a consideration moot.