Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
I've not had much time to mess around with it, being its been syncing my content for 9 hours now.

However, when adding my own videos how do you keep them all in a series like Apple does with there tv shows?

I'm wanting to have a section in the TV Shows just for my UFC fights. Then under that section show Fighter vs Fighter - on this PPV.

Next question, can you add links to iTunes where files are at, instead of the whole file? Because if I add all of my stuff to iTunes my folder is going to be well over 150gigs. That's ridiculous and really hard to keep backed up.

RamenBooko

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
1st question: You could just make playlists for whatever you have. UFC Fights, Scary Movies, Lost, etc...

2nd question: Not quite sure what you're asking here...

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Right now when ever I add something to iTunes I go to File - Add to Library. And now with all my UFC fights my library is getting way over 150GB which is just to big.

Is there a way to reference a files location - without adding the whole thing to the iTunes library?

for example I want to watch my UFC fights - via the stream. Not add them to the Apple TV. But I don't want to add them to my iTunes library, because they take up to much space.

So is there an option for iTunes to just add where they are on the hard-drive and not actually add them to my library?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.