PDA

View Full Version : Wow a few games came out this week that caught me by surprise

Bobdude161
Mar 23, 2007, 01:41 AM
I was stocking games today at work and I noticed a few games that are new release.

Wii:
Godfather
Cooking Mama
Blazing Angels

PS2 and PSP:
Test Drive Unlimited (YESSS!!!)

PS3:
Godfather

And a few other NDS games. Forgot what they were.

Anybody know about these titles specifically the Wii ported games?

MacRumorUser
Mar 23, 2007, 04:56 AM
GodFather has been getting ok reviews but is basically the PS2 game with a bit of waggle

Cooking Mama - has been getting 'AWFUL' reviews

Blazing Angels - has sucked the ass on all formats - wii is meant to be no different.

2nyRiggz
Mar 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
Aww man cooking mama sucks smelly balls...my friend got it and wants to toss it out the window. I took it off his hands and I tried getting into it but it blows...big disappointment.

Bless

Bobdude161
Mar 23, 2007, 05:25 AM
GodFather has been getting ok reviews but is basically the PS2 game with a bit of waggle

Blazing Angels - has sucked the ass on all formats - wii is meant to be no different.

Ouch! That sucks!

Hows the port for TD:U for PS2 (besides graphics)? Is there anything they took out of it, like the MMO racing feature or only racing half the island? I don't see any reviews for the ported game yet. :o

MacRumorUser
Mar 23, 2007, 05:45 AM
^ I'm in the dark about that as much as you.

MarsUltor
Mar 26, 2007, 09:52 AM

Godfather: Blackhand Edition (the wii version) is really neat... lots of stuff to do, lots of destruction and mayhem... and the wiimote integration is were the game really shines... i never played the original version, but as i understand it, there hass been a good amount added compared to the oringinal xbox version... not to mention over 25 wiimote gestures for executing and intimidating people...

Dunepilot
Mar 26, 2007, 10:05 AM
Godfather: Blackhand Edition (the wii version) is really neat... lots of stuff to do, lots of destruction and mayhem... and the wiimote integration is were the game really shines... i never played the original version, but as i understand it, there hass been a good amount added compared to the oringinal xbox version... not to mention over 25 wiimote gestures for executing and intimidating people...

Lots of additional levels in the Wii version that weren't in the original, as well. Definitely buying this next week.

Dunepilot
Apr 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
Wow - Godfather is great.

I played it solidly from 11am on Saturday until 2am on Sunday, hardly pausing for food even. Why would anyone want to play GTA when you can play something similar with a much better plot and characters?

mkaake
Apr 2, 2007, 11:07 AM

I played it solidly from 11am on Saturday until 2am on Sunday, hardly pausing for food even. Why would anyone want to play GTA when you can play something similar with a much better plot and characters?

Plot?

Do games have those??

;)

mouchoir
Apr 2, 2007, 11:37 AM

Because GTA is a much better game (better character development & customisation, better fighting, better weapons, better vehicles, better steering controls, richer gameplay etc.) in a much richer, more varied and larger setting, with an 'original' plot with lots of side plots.

zap2
Apr 2, 2007, 04:19 PM
Well I'll take my "Wii remote as a baseball bat and hitting cilvians for on reason" over this "plot"

Honestly I don't see a huge difference(atleast a difference that would make one better then the other) in the plot between GTA and Godfather...different places, different goals. Not sure how one is better then the other.