PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide- PS2 VS PS3

nazmac21
Mar 23, 2007, 08:25 AM
I have a friend who is going to sell his PS2 along with 5 games for $90. Is this a good deal or I should look at a PS3. Is PS3's graphics so much better than the PS2?

Dagless
Mar 23, 2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great deal, approx. £50 for a PS2 and 5 games? Go for it! Wish I had such a deal available to me.

nazmac21
Mar 23, 2007, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a great deal, approx. £50 for a PS2 and 5 games? Go for it! Wish I had such a deal available to me.

My friend is in college and is done playing video games (except sometimes he plays on his PSP). The 5 games are: GTA Vice City, Max Payne, GTA 3, Mortal Kombat and Driver 2.

epicwelshman
Mar 23, 2007, 08:35 AM
Oh man, totally go for it. I've never owned a PS2, but there are some fantastic games out for it. And whether you eventually end up buying a PS3, 360, or Wii, this will at least hold you over until then.

Nicolasdec
Mar 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
Go for it...

mattscott306
Mar 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
Go for the PS2, and then save for the PS3. I don't quite know why this thread was created though... seems kind of like a no-brainer.

nazmac21
Mar 23, 2007, 09:23 AM
Go for the PS2, and then save for the PS3. I don't quite know why this thread was created though... seems kind of like a no-brainer.

Well I just wanted to know if the PS3's graphics is that much better than the PS2 that it's worth the extra $510. Perhaps I should create a poll in this thread.

e≤Studios
Mar 23, 2007, 09:26 AM
Well I just wanted to know if the PS3's graphics is that much better than the PS2 that it's worth the extra $510. Perhaps I should create a poll in this thread.

Perhaps you should just decide which is best for you :) I own a PS3 and i love it, the games are great, the whole experience is awesome. I never owned a PS2, but after buying the PS3 i did purchase a couple PS2 games that i had wanted to play. Buying a PS3 will be more futureproof, but if you don't have the extra money to spend now then buying a PS2 is probably the better bet.

Ed

MacRumorUser
Mar 23, 2007, 09:26 AM
PS3 graphics arent that much better if your playing PS2 games ;) :D

Dmn Ed got there before me. As Ed says ^

fiercetiger224
Mar 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
Get PS2 now, wait until PS3 price drops. :D

TheGimp
Mar 23, 2007, 10:31 AM
I have a friend who is going to sell his PS2 along with 5 games for $90. Is this a good deal or I should look at a PS3. Is PS3's graphics so much better than the PS2?

1)Great deal!
2) If you have the $$$, you should look at the PS3. Much better graphics in PS3 games, HDMI interface will make many PS2 games look a bit sharper if you're planning on using a medium/large display (say 26" and up) with a good *internal scaler* that utilizes HDMI,(e.g. Sony XBR LCD's make SD TV and games look great, even with 480p signal). If multiplayer is your thing, PS3 will provide more entertainment from each game you buy that has a solid multiplayer component (e.g. Resistance:Fall...)
Playing only the PS2 will have you feeling lonlier as more and more switch to PS3.
3) If you are a big GTA fan, then your friend's deal is a no-brainer. Otherwise you'd be better off buying a PS3 and then just renting software through Gamefly, gameznflix, etc
4) Ask yourself how much you want gaming to be a part of your life. If you plop down the extra $$$ for the PS3, you may feel more compelled to use many of its features often enough to justify the purchase. If on the other hand you are only spending $90 then I can't see how you'd go wrong.

2nyRiggz
Mar 23, 2007, 05:58 PM
Get the PS3...it has PS2 flashback(meaning it can play 75% of the PS2 games)....I would go for the long run.

Bless

Airforce
Mar 23, 2007, 06:02 PM
None of the above. Go with an xbox 360 and have yourself a game machine + an :apple: tv :cool:

sb58
Mar 23, 2007, 06:10 PM
go for the ps2... just sounds better than "looking at a ps3"

ninewhereman
Mar 24, 2007, 12:45 AM
That's a no brainer go with the PS2. It is only 90 dollars and even if you only use it for three months, you still get your money's worth. Then you can trade it in for a little extra scratch to go towards a PS3.

ReanimationLP
Mar 24, 2007, 04:23 AM
Get the PS2, thats a pretty good price.

Get some better games though. :D

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but GTA games are stupid and boring.

"Oh look! I can sleep with a hooker to regain health then run her over and get my money back!"

Trash.

e≤Studios
Mar 24, 2007, 04:50 AM
Get the PS2, thats a pretty good price.

Get some better games though. :D

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but GTA games are stupid and boring.

"Oh look! I can sleep with a hooker to regain health then run her over and get my money back!"

Trash.

I agree with you ;)