PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV in the UK

Steven Jackson
Mar 23, 2007, 02:30 PM
Anyone in the UK got one yet? Are they even available here?

Steve.

SW22
Mar 23, 2007, 03:18 PM
It is available in the UK. Mine is on it's way according to the shiiping notice from apple, hopefully arriving any day now:)

gavd
Mar 23, 2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't ordered one, but I'm going to London tomorrow so I might pop to the Regent St store and see if they've got any. Will be picking one up if they've got any in stock.

MacBoobsPro
Mar 23, 2007, 04:48 PM
Mine is due on 28th. Day before my Bday :D

Mossman
Mar 23, 2007, 05:42 PM
Just had an email from Apple (have a look here (http://theappleofmyi.com/blog/?p=806)) which says that they will be in store in Sunday. Mine is currently in Amsterdam (tracking via TNT!). Hopefully here on Tuesday, maybe Monday. :)

yogamonkey
Mar 24, 2007, 06:52 AM
My little :apple:tv is also in Amsterdam at the moment.

Fly my pretty, fly.

gavd
Mar 24, 2007, 05:27 PM
Just back from London for the day. Went into the Regent St store and they have AppleTV's up and running, but didn't have any to buy. Should be in store to buy early next week according to one of the staff.

Looked good though having had a quick play. I'm now about to go to the Apple site and order one!

crap freakboy
Mar 25, 2007, 03:42 AM
Mine is due on 28th. Day before my Bday :D

Happy Birthday on the 29th...same day as me, my 40th this year.
Off to Rome, so no Apple goodies, ah well, though kids are staying at home with the in-laws so I can sleep past 6.30am FANTASIC!!!:D :D :D

rumbletum
Mar 25, 2007, 10:34 AM
Just been to B'ham Apple Store, again they'd got the demo up and running, and was told they were hoping to get stock in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Am well impressed though, looks really nice

MacBoobsPro
Mar 25, 2007, 10:37 AM
Happy Birthday on the 29th...same day as me, my 40th this year.
Off to Rome, so no Apple goodies, ah well, though kids are staying at home with the in-laws so I can sleep past 6.30am FANTASIC!!!:D :D :D

Right back at ya matey. :)

I cant track my order because TNT has messed up my address and although I have called them to rectify it their site still says 'please call'. However I have been assured its on its way. It was in Shanghai when I spoke to them last. :rolleyes:

OllyW
Mar 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
Just been to B'ham Apple Store, again they'd got the demo up and running, and was told they were hoping to get stock in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Am well impressed though, looks really nice

I've just got home from the Bullring store.

I didn't see the :apple: TV demo, I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to look to see if they had them in :o

rumbletum
Mar 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
I've just got home from the Bullring store.

I didn't see the :apple: TV demo, I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to look to see if they had them in :o

Right by the entrance on the right hand side, two TVs next to each other :D

liketom
Mar 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
ordered mine on 22nd march here before 4th april so the site say's

gavd
Mar 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
I ordered mine late last night and had an email about an hour ago to say it had been dispatched. Should be here by 4th April.

liketom
Mar 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
I ordered mine late last night and had an email about an hour ago to say it had been dispatched. Should be here by 4th April.

yours and mine might be on the same plane then :rolleyes:

SW22
Mar 26, 2007, 07:01 AM
Mine arrived this morning!!:)

netdog
Mar 26, 2007, 07:04 AM
I haven't ordered one, but I'm going to London tomorrow so I might pop to the Regent St store and see if they've got any. Will be picking one up if they've got any in stock.

Regent Street doesn't expect them until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Piarco
Mar 26, 2007, 07:18 AM
Regent Street doesn't expect them until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Lucky I decided not to bother yesterday then! Went and ordered with a work discount online instead. Should be here tomorrow or Wed.
also happen

liketom
Mar 26, 2007, 07:19 AM
phoned apple - my other bits on my order are in Holland , just waiting for the plane to leave china to meet up in Holland then off the the UK for a speedy delivery to me

Apple said maybe thursday :) but maybe monday :( we will see

netdog
Mar 26, 2007, 07:20 AM
Too bad iTMS.uk hasn't heard about :apple:TV's arrival in the UK.

yogamonkey
Mar 26, 2007, 09:08 AM
According to TNT tracking, my :apple:TV is out for delivery today. Fingers crossed one of my nice neighbours takes it in for a few hours until I get home.

Not bad timing considering I ordered it less than a week ago!

ebony
Mar 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
tnt tried to deliver mine today at 12 noon, but the wife was out.

I'll be sure to thank her when I get home !

I'll have to wait until tomorrow now.

Mossman
Mar 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
Will be unpacking later and getting some pics up! :) :apple:

dextertangocci
Mar 26, 2007, 12:59 PM
I wonder when it's arriving in South Africa:)

yogamonkey
Mar 26, 2007, 03:18 PM
Meh.

Mine didn't show up even though it's been 'out for delivery' since 6am from a depot 10 miles away. I'm assuming if they tried to deliver they would have left a little card, as it's still showing 'out for delivery'.

Looks like tomorrow is the day. Hopefully.

I want my :apple:TV!

gavd
Mar 26, 2007, 03:48 PM
Meh.

Mine didn't show up even though it's been 'out for delivery' since 6am from a depot 10 miles away. I'm assuming if they tried to deliver they would have left a little card, as it's still showing 'out for delivery'.

That's unusual. I've never had anything 'Out for delivery' which hasn't then been delivered. Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow for you.

Mossman
Mar 27, 2007, 02:01 AM
All set up, very late last night - very easy to do. Only problem I had was getting the Pioneer 436 XDE to see both HDMI inputs :apple: TV and my Denon DVD player.
Photos to follow tonight if I get some time! :D

ebony
Mar 27, 2007, 02:59 AM
Meh.

Go onto the tnt web site and international tracking and check the status.

They did not leave any sort of card for me when no one was in.

gmidgley
Mar 27, 2007, 06:36 AM
got my apple tv, very simple to set up and very happy with it, loads of TV shows from the US itunes store (very handy having a friend in the US, who buys iTunes vouchers for me)

Good quality watching it, im a happy bunny.

As for iTunes TV and Films for the UK, well im waiting, cause I know its coming.....not long to wait......

gmidgley
Mar 27, 2007, 06:51 AM
*EDIT*
Sorry Duplicate Post!

HelixOmnimedia
Mar 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
My Apple TV has literally just arrived two minutes ago!!
AppleTV and Component Cables.

WOOHOO :D

:( Now wondering if i should return it or not based on all the reviews I've read.

EDIT:

I couldn't resist it, i felt it staring at me.
It's opened and I'm ready to set it up.

tris01
Mar 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
Just got my :apple: tv from the apple shop at meadowhall it looks great and the films look far better on it than through my dvd player :D

yogamonkey
Mar 27, 2007, 01:52 PM
It's here!!

Finally gave up on TNT and went to the depot to collect it.

All set up and working within about 5 minutes. So easy! Now all I have to do is watch all those US TV shows I've downloaded from iTunes.

First impressions: 8/10
(and I'm sure the score will go up once I've properly fiddled about with it).

I heart my :apple:TV

Jesus
Mar 27, 2007, 02:22 PM
Mine arrived today, its so awesome. I love it already. All those nay sayers should go ans try one. It is sooooo much better than I thought it would be.

Mossman
Mar 27, 2007, 03:59 PM
Please do have a look! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnymoss/sets/72157600031384993/)

Cheers! :)

MacBoobsPro
Mar 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
Well I got mine last night. It automatically wants to copy over your entire iTunes library (movies and all). Being on 'g' standard I quickly put a stop to that. I started to copy over just my movies and realised it would probably take about 8 hours. So i stopped that too.

So I only copied over 2 movies and will copy a 2 movies per night until it is full as it takes so freakin long.

Oh and if you stream a movie to watch while trying to copy stuff to ATV the streaming cancels out the downloading. If I thought about it its quite obvious but I was left wondering why after 2 hours nothing had been copid over. :rolleyes:

Firewire/USB2 copying of files is a must for this product. Ive had the thing 24 hours and still only have 2 movies on it because it takes so long and I will not leave my mac on all day while im at work.

yogamonkey
Mar 28, 2007, 02:31 AM
Mossman we have practically the same photos - brilliant!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmonkeypaul/sets/72157600031191137/detail/

netdog
Mar 28, 2007, 02:38 AM
Regent Street got them yesterday. Nice displays set up. Looks great.

netdog
Mar 28, 2007, 02:39 AM
FWIW, they are also selling at a very rapid clip on Regent Street

enigmatic2
Mar 28, 2007, 09:26 AM
My Apple TV has literally just arrived two minutes ago!!
AppleTV and Component Cables.

WOOHOO :D

:( Now wondering if i should return it or not based on all the reviews I've read.

EDIT:

I couldn't resist it, i felt it staring at me.
It's opened and I'm ready to set it up.

And? Are you blown away or feeling the initial pangs of buyer's remorse? I'm in the same dilemma you were in: I have a nice shiny shrinkwrapped Apple TV all ready to be unpacked and played with, but dunno if it will be actually of use to me, considering my unfeasibly large itunes library which will in no way fit into 40GB. Sure, I could stream stuff from this machine, but then you lose all the nice artwork, yes? And as for movies, do they actually look any good on a big plasma/lcd? Not to mention the lack of 5.1 sound....

I dunno. I ordered this on a whim after it was launched in January, but since then it's become clear that it's basically a big ipod for your telly, only with half the capacity. May well be sending it back to Steve.

rumbletum
Mar 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
I caved in and bought one today, not sure how well they're selling in Brum, as the assistant seemed a bit surprised when I asked for one :)

gavd
Mar 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
I'll be getting mine tomorrow. TNT tried to deliver today but I was out.

Mossman
Apr 1, 2007, 04:15 AM
Have a look (www.flickr.com/photos/jonnymoss/sets/72157600037942023/)! :)

dextertangocci
Apr 4, 2007, 05:33 AM
The :apple:tv is only arriving in South Africa in a month or two, so I got a friend in England to order me one and send it to me. It says that it ships in 1-2 days, and the when you buy it it says it will only be delivered on the 16 of April:confused:

They apparently have lots of stock in the Apple Stores, so why the delay:confused:

Steven Jackson
Apr 4, 2007, 05:58 PM
Just bought mine from the Apple Store Meadowhall. Too late to set it up now, but I'll have it upa and running first thing tomorrow morning. Can't wait...

Steve.

gavd
Apr 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
The :apple:tv is only arriving in South Africa in a month or two, so I got a friend in England to order me one and send it to me. It says that it ships in 1-2 days, and the when you buy it it says it will only be delivered on the 16 of April:confused:

They apparently have lots of stock in the Apple Stores, so why the delay:confused:

It might be delivered before that, but they don't ship them from Apple Stores so it doesn't matter if there's lots of stock in them. They normally say delivery takes 5 - 7 days which would make it around the 16th.

peter1234
Apr 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
Was in the Apple Store in Manchester Arndale and they have Apple TV in stock to purchase.

vendettabass
Apr 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
just for anyone thinking about buying the atv in the uk, play.com are selling them for 189 delivered!

Link (http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3305685/Apple_TV/Product.html)