Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
I have a Perfection 1200U and running 10.2.6. There are no drivers for this. Is there anyway to use it, with out installing 9? Any programs I can download or something.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO YELL IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE???

Look for a program called VueScan-- try versiontracker.com... it may or may not support your scanner...

pnw

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Re: I MOVED TO OSX and MY SCANNER DOESN'T WORK

Originally posted by robotrenegade
I have a Perfection 1200U and running 10.2.6. There are no drivers for this. Is there anyway to use it, with out installing 9? Any programs I can download or something.

Welcome to the Club. My firewire Umax scanner doesn't have native X drivers either. X's scanner support is horrible. It's not Apple's fault...but none of the scanner manufacturers are rewriting their drivers. I bought Vuescan so that I could use mine...it works great but I wish there were native drivers for the thing!

physicsnerd

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2003
West Lafayette, IN
Vuescan is your best bet. I'm not really happy with epson's support for its older scanners under osx, but if it makes you feel any better i'm in the same boat. (fortuantly, I found that a driver for another epson scanner works with mine). Here's a direct link to their website:

http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

They say that they support all epson scanners, it works perfectly with my epson stylus scan 2500. It's a good program, and the full version is worth the price. You can download the free version and see how you like it.

Hope this helps,

Physicsnerd.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
If it makes you feel any better, my scanner won't work well in XP without buying additonal software from the Manufacturer.

Not that I'd ever run that POS OS.

Vuescan is good though. But have you tried sending multiple e-mails to Epson threatening to never use their products ever again? Not that it would work, neccessarily. But it sure makes you feel better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.